Ford Customer Service was right

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
TL/DR customer service said my truck would get built as a 22 and it is.

I ordered an Ox White XLT lux pack EcoBoost AWD, 4k Fx4 with floor liners, full size spare and a smoke hood deflector on 11/26/21. I placed my order for exactly what I want (from the available options...would still like vented seats and keyless on an XLT) as this is my 1st ordered vehicle.

I stopped at my dealer early in March to check my order. I was given a copy of the memo to dealers showing the constrained items and recommended that I drop the lux pack or my truck wouldn't get built until MY23. I told the dealer I was going to let my order stay as is and we would see what happened with it. I really wanted the heated seats and wheel along with the other things in the luxury package.

I stopped back at the dealer early in April and was told the same thing. I told him the same thing again, let it ride I ordered it the way I did for a reason. I really WANT this as a 22, but I don't NEED it, so I will wait.

I called the Ford customer line after my 2nd conversation about having to drop options to get a 22. I was assured that Ford was doing everything they can to get all the retail orders built and looked up my order and said that it would get built as a 22. I asked who I was supposed to believe...the dealer telling my to drop lux pack according to the FMC memo or risk getting a 23, or the customer service line telling me not to worry.

This was my main frustration with the whole experience.
Minimal communication and when you do talk to them, you get vague and often conflicting info from different sources. I touched on this in another post, but please just give us factual information so we can make logical decisions.

I resigned myself to not getting my Maverick until 23 so I bought a cheap econobox used at a semi reasonable price that gets 33 mpg to drive back and forth to work to save fuel $ instead of driving my diesel.

So...yesterday I had to drive right past my dealer. I wanted to stop and put my name on the list for anyone not taking delivery of a build that is very close to mine. They said almost everyone is taking delivery and they have a long list of waiters for abandoned orders. He looked up my order number and...I have a buld week. June 6. My s/n is 78,xxx. Dealer said that they will honor X plan and it is price protected and incentives at the time of order apply.

I called a friend who has the same order as mine at the same dealer but with a sunroof and 3 weeks later to tell him my news. He said that he had talked to customer service on Wednesday and they didn't have a build date for him yet, but FMC is going to build all 22 orders as 22s. I hope for everyone involved that this is true.

Now to start dithering over moved build dates, production and shipping tracking.

As a side note, they had Hot Pepper Red 1st edition that had just been delivered to an employee and it looks fantastic in the sun.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which dealer?

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s in car dealers and car manufacturers blood to lie. They just can’t help it. There are 1-2 honest ones that slip through but as we have seen that is rare.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio.
Surprised.....I've heard many horror stories about those guys. Maybe they've changed, I tried to buy an F150 from them back in 2015, horrible experience.

Glad everything worked out for you!

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered an Ox White XLT lux pack EcoBoost AWD, 4k Fx4 with floor liners, full size spare and a smoke hood deflector on 11/26/21. I placed my order for exactly what I want (from the available options...would still like vented seats and keyless on an XLT) as this is my 1st ordered vehicle.

I stopped at my dealer early in March to check my order. I was given a copy of the memo to dealers showing the constrained items and recommended that I drop the lux pack or my truck wouldn't get built until MY23. I told the dealer I was going to let my order stay as is and we would see what happened with it. I really wanted the heated seats and wheel along with the other things in the luxury package.

I stopped back at the dealer early in April and was told the same thing. I told him the same thing again, let it ride I ordered it the way I did for a reason. I really WANT this as a 22, but I don't NEED it, so I will wait.

I called the Ford customer line after my 2nd conversation about having to drop options to get a 22. I was assured that Ford was doing everything they can to get all the retail orders built and looked up my order and said that it would get built as a 22. I asked who I was supposed to believe...the dealer telling my to drop lux pack according to the FMC memo or risk getting a 23, or the customer service line telling me not to worry.

Minimal communication and when you do talk to them, you get vague and often conflicting info from different sources. I touched on this in another post, but please just give us factual information so we can make logical decisions.

I resigned myself to not getting my Maverick until 23 so I bought a cheap econobox used at a semi reasonable price that gets 33 mpg to drive back and forth to work to save fuel $ instead of driving my diesel.

So...yesterday I had to drive right past my dealer. I wanted to stop and put my name on the list for anyone not taking delivery of a build that is very close to mine. They said almost everyone is taking delivery and they have a long list of waiters for abandoned orders. He looked up my order number and...I have a buld week. June 6. My s/n is 78,xxx. Dealer said that they will honor X plan and it is price protected and incentives at the time of order apply.

I called a friend who has the same order as mine at the same dealer but with a sunroof and 3 weeks later to tell him my news. He said that he had talked to customer service on Wednesday and they didn't have a build date for him yet, but FMC is going to build all 22 orders as 22s. I hope for everyone involved that this is true.

Now to start dithering over moved build dates, production and shipping tracking.

As a side note, they had Hot Pepper Red 1st edition that had just been delivered to an employee and it looks fantastic in the sun.
Did you get copilot 360?

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if the Lightning camp is having the same issues or worse. Or maybe they're siphoning a lot of resources from the Mavericks to roll out the Lightning this year.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If your friend has specifically the same order, I'd strongly advise removing things like the air deflector and floor mats. Anything that can be done afterwards or by the dealer could delay an order for no really good reason I can think of...

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never recall Ford scheduling 4 weeks this week. So believe they are trying to build all retail orders. Guessing 2-5% will be pushed. Time will tell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If your friend has specifically the same order, I'd strongly advise removing things like the air deflector and floor mats. Anything that can be done afterwards or by the dealer could delay an order for no really good reason I can think of...

I agree with you about dealer installed options, but both times my dealer told me not to worry about removing them because they weren't showing as constrained items. The only constraints on my order were related to the lux pack.

Not sure if friend has any DIOs, but he was told that the roof is a constraint now.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck to all that are waiting for your Maverick. Just to let you know what my ordering process was.
Placed my order on July 30,2021, Procaro Ford in Racine,Wi. RR First Edition Lariat Hybrid Luxury Package Copilot 360 floor mats window and hood deflector. Received on April 13th. Window sticker showed that the hood and window deflectors would be dealership installed.
So far, everything about the truck is all that I could ask for, exterior paint, fit and Finnish, both exterior and interior.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On last Tuesday's YT live stream @fordvideoguy was pleasantly surprised by the scheduling. LM started with 68 unscheduled trucks and now they are down to 15. The June orders are mostly constraint heavy (bed accessories et al). With 220 left on the books and roughly 16 more weeks to schedule the possibility of having no rollovers is becoming real.

In a related topic, LM had 11 of it's 13 Bronco Sport orders scheduled so it's not like Hermosillo is siphoning chips off of one model for another.
Sponsored