john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

TL/DR customer service said my truck would get built as a 22 and it is.

I ordered an Ox White XLT lux pack EcoBoost AWD, 4k Fx4 with floor liners, full size spare and a smoke hood deflector on 11/26/21. I placed my order for exactly what I want (from the available options...would still like vented seats and keyless on an XLT) as this is my 1st ordered vehicle.

I stopped at my dealer early in March to check my order. I was given a copy of the memo to dealers showing the constrained items and recommended that I drop the lux pack or my truck wouldn't get built until MY23. I told the dealer I was going to let my order stay as is and we would see what happened with it. I really wanted the heated seats and wheel along with the other things in the luxury package.

I stopped back at the dealer early in April and was told the same thing. I told him the same thing again, let it ride I ordered it the way I did for a reason. I really WANT this as a 22, but I don't NEED it, so I will wait.

I called the Ford customer line after my 2nd conversation about having to drop options to get a 22. I was assured that Ford was doing everything they can to get all the retail orders built and looked up my order and said that it would get built as a 22. I asked who I was supposed to believe...the dealer telling my to drop lux pack according to the FMC memo or risk getting a 23, or the customer service line telling me not to worry.

This was my main frustration with the whole experience.
Minimal communication and when you do talk to them, you get vague and often conflicting info from different sources. I touched on this in another post, but please just give us factual information so we can make logical decisions.

I resigned myself to not getting my Maverick until 23 so I bought a cheap econobox used at a semi reasonable price that gets 33 mpg to drive back and forth to work to save fuel $ instead of driving my diesel.

So...yesterday I had to drive right past my dealer. I wanted to stop and put my name on the list for anyone not taking delivery of a build that is very close to mine. They said almost everyone is taking delivery and they have a long list of waiters for abandoned orders. He looked up my order number and...I have a buld week. June 6. My s/n is 78,xxx. Dealer said that they will honor X plan and it is price protected and incentives at the time of order apply.

I called a friend who has the same order as mine at the same dealer but with a sunroof and 3 weeks later to tell him my news. He said that he had talked to customer service on Wednesday and they didn't have a build date for him yet, but FMC is going to build all 22 orders as 22s. I hope for everyone involved that this is true.

Now to start dithering over moved build dates, production and shipping tracking.

As a side note, they had Hot Pepper Red 1st edition that had just been delivered to an employee and it looks fantastic in the sun.
Floor matts have been back ordered for weeks on the ford website take them off!!!, and remove hood deflector , that stuff anyone can install...
Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree on rather going to the dentist then to a car dealer. After this weekend, I have one that I would rather go to after the car dealer first. I got talking to someone and left my cell phone on the roof of my car. Three blocks later, I hear a sliding noise on the roof and glanced in the rearview mirror just in time to see it explode into pieces when it hit the road.

Verizon store told me about all the "free phone" after looking at my contract. My "free phone" only cost me $214 and $17 a month for 36 months and I ended up with a Motorola instead of a Samsung. The average person walking into a cell phone service store is nothing but a sacrificial lamb!!!!! IMHO....
AM on my 3rd or 4th Motorola and have no problems with them up grade every 2/3 years have the Moto g stylus now cant beat it for 229.00 got it for the storage 128gb never use the stylus but its there if needed. have consumer cell phone bill is 34.00 unlimited everything cant beat it.

OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Floor matts have been back ordered for weeks on the ford website take them off!!!, and remove hood deflector , that stuff anyone can install...

Do I need to take them off since I have a build week? I didn't think you could make changes once you are o. The schedule.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do I need to take them off since I have a build week? I didn't think you could make changes once you are o. The schedule.
If you have a build day don't touch anything!!!!!!!

OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If you have a build day don't touch anything!!!!!!!

I don't have a build day, or email from ford, but my dealer gave me a VIN and a build week.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't have a build day, or email from ford, but my dealer gave me a VIN and a build week.
have you called the maverick phone number 1 800 334-4375 to confirm what the dealer told you? I would. Have you checked the original email sent to you by ford to confirm your order and clicked on track my order?

OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
have you called the maverick phone number 1 800 334-4375 to confirm what the dealer told you? I would. Have you checked the original email sent to you by ford to confirm your order and clicked on track my order?
Will check tonight when I get home.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get your DIO YET? FORD ships them to the dealer separate from the truck!
Yes, it came with the truck and was dealer installed when I picked up the truck

OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many

VIN shows on order tracker with all the details correct. Also called customer service line and he confirmed that I am in order processing with a build week of June 6 and had the same VIN the dealer gave me.

Bonus, Robert at customer service is a maverick enthusiast who is still awaiting his VB XLT.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get your DIO YET? FORD ships them to the dealer separate from the truck!
Yes, they were installed at the dealership before I picked it up. I don't know if they were at the dealership or came with the truck.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

VIN shows on order tracker with all the details correct. Also called customer service line and he confirmed that I am in order processing with a build week of June 6 and had the same VIN the dealer gave me.

Bonus, Robert at customer service is a maverick enthusiast who is still awaiting his VB XLT.
Bet you feel alot better !!!!!

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TL/DR customer service said my truck would get built as a 22 and it is.

I ordered an Ox White XLT lux pack EcoBoost AWD, 4k Fx4 with floor liners, full size spare and a smoke hood deflector on 11/26/21. I placed my order for exactly what I want (from the available options...would still like vented seats and keyless on an XLT) as this is my 1st ordered vehicle.

I stopped at my dealer early in March to check my order. I was given a copy of the memo to dealers showing the constrained items and recommended that I drop the lux pack or my truck wouldn't get built until MY23. I told the dealer I was going to let my order stay as is and we would see what happened with it. I really wanted the heated seats and wheel along with the other things in the luxury package.

I stopped back at the dealer early in April and was told the same thing. I told him the same thing again, let it ride I ordered it the way I did for a reason. I really WANT this as a 22, but I don't NEED it, so I will wait.

I called the Ford customer line after my 2nd conversation about having to drop options to get a 22. I was assured that Ford was doing everything they can to get all the retail orders built and looked up my order and said that it would get built as a 22. I asked who I was supposed to believe...the dealer telling my to drop lux pack according to the FMC memo or risk getting a 23, or the customer service line telling me not to worry.

This was my main frustration with the whole experience.
Minimal communication and when you do talk to them, you get vague and often conflicting info from different sources. I touched on this in another post, but please just give us factual information so we can make logical decisions.

I resigned myself to not getting my Maverick until 23 so I bought a cheap econobox used at a semi reasonable price that gets 33 mpg to drive back and forth to work to save fuel $ instead of driving my diesel.

So...yesterday I had to drive right past my dealer. I wanted to stop and put my name on the list for anyone not taking delivery of a build that is very close to mine. They said almost everyone is taking delivery and they have a long list of waiters for abandoned orders. He looked up my order number and...I have a buld week. June 6. My s/n is 78,xxx. Dealer said that they will honor X plan and it is price protected and incentives at the time of order apply.

I called a friend who has the same order as mine at the same dealer but with a sunroof and 3 weeks later to tell him my news. He said that he had talked to customer service on Wednesday and they didn't have a build date for him yet, but FMC is going to build all 22 orders as 22s. I hope for everyone involved that this is true.

Now to start dithering over moved build dates, production and shipping tracking.

As a side note, they had Hot Pepper Red 1st edition that had just been delivered to an employee and it looks fantastic in the sun.
Best position to be in right now is not NEEDing a car. People who are buying straight off the lot entirely because they have the patience of a toddler are the ones who deserve to get screwed.

That said, I place my order with Granger on Oct 13 and if I dont get my truck soon I am gonna absolutely throw a tantrum and make a scene. :D

I ordered a lux Hybrid and received the constraint email twice now. Not gonna budge.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Best position to be in right now is not NEEDing a car. People who are buying straight off the lot entirely because they have the patience of a toddler are the ones who deserve to get screwed.

That said, I place my order with Granger on Oct 13 and if I dont get my truck soon I am gonna absolutely throw a tantrum and make a scene. :D

I ordered a lux Hybrid and received the constraint email twice now. Not gonna budge.
I can tell you from experience that won't help one bit. there are people waiting since Jul./Aug of 2021 that don't have build dates.
I ordered oct 18 on a awd,eco.lux.4ktow,fx4,co360 and they just started the production process which could take few weeks with all the packages and maybe a month before delivery. It has been obvious that hybrid's with lux pack have been taking a long time. Causing a scene at a dealership will only cause you grief later especially if you have issues later and need their help. Am sure they would be happy to refund your money and then when it does come in they will sell it for 5k/10k over sticker. dealers don't have any control over the production process. you have a build date, looks like you see the truck late June early July.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You
For what it’s worth… called Ford Marketing this morning.. not helpful, only said Maverick is in “order processing”. I then went to Ford chat, the wait was about 30 minutes but worth it. They had no VIN but did tell me my Maverick has moved to Priority 2, that the best news since September 18th.
You won't get a VIN # until it is scheduled.

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what you ordered, but unfortunately constraints are still a thing. If it is any consolation, I have talked to to Ford customer service and so has a friend of mine with an order and they are saying that they shut off orders in time to build everyone's retail order this year. Ford cs says they aren't planning to roll any orders to 23. Who knows?

For your sake, I hope you get scheduled in the next go round.

I too was resigned to waiting for a 23 to the point I bought a cheap work car that I now have to sell in a few months and hope I don't lose my @ss.

I think it's a lucky scheduling car...wanna buy a 2008 Sentra?
We ordered a XLT Hybrid with the copilot 360 (which my understanding is the only constrain item with my order).

Your offer is tempting, we were looking for a between vehicle, but we decided to continue to wait, right now is too expensive to keep a vehicle for a short term.
Sponsored