First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's interesting... I mean it's obvious there are difficulties getting finished trucks delivered. Didn't realize it extended to getting parts delivered as well.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are literally the memos here that dealers got, unless you believe it is a big conspiracy and Tim is sharing untrue information.

I trust Tim over any Ford Customer Support employee.

2 weeks ago, a Ford Customer Support employee told me I would get a rebate check, from Ford, for my price protection. Refused to put it in writing. I don't trust them for anything beyond reading me what they see in Smart Vincent, as it seems they get told things after dealers, if at all.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
The memo to dealers was literally posted word for word here on MTC....there are no rumors. Folks like @fordvideoguy has made videos where he pretty much read the memo live on YouTube. I am not sure how any of that could be considered just a rumor.

If you need confirmation, call your dealer and ask them to read you the memo they were sent. If they say they did not get a memo, tell them to check in their "FMC Dealer" portal. I think the address is www.fmcdealer.dealerconnection.com

I am guessing that is where it is at. If they still can't find it, ask to speak with the sales manager or higher up in the dealership.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford did send that memo to dealers. It is true. Dealers have also been sent a list of affected VINs.
Dealers have no yet received any info on what do do next.

They told us not to cancel any 22 orders.....Ford will start the conversion process on these automatically. They will need to be reviewed by the dealers and submitted.

Your dealership will have no info...other than that your VIN will be one of the cancelled 22 hybrids.

This is the last instruction dealers received: "watch for further communication surrounding automatically transferring the cancelled orders to 23MY and price/incentive protection information."

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The memo to dealers was literally posted word for word here on MTC....there are no rumors. Folks like @fordvideoguy has made videos where he pretty much read the memo live on YouTube. I am not sure how any of that could be considered just a rumor.

If you need confirmation, call your dealer and ask them to read you the memo they were sent. If they say they did not get a memo, tell them to check in their "FMC Dealer" portal. I think the address is www.fmcdealer.dealerconnection.com

I am guessing that is where it is at. If they still can't find it, ask to speak with the sales manager or higher up in the dealership.
Yes, you have it right! The memo is still on the FMCDealer homepage. Someone at the dealership got an email (probably Oct 19th) saying which VINs would be affected. That is all the info dealers have now. Ford has not yet announced the next steps in the process.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a lot of stock in what @fordvideoguy says. If he isn't certain of something, he says so. I've gotten an email from FORD saying that my Maverick has been pushed back to week of 12/12, and I've seen the 'official' FORD dealer memos on this forum that say any December production will be produced as MY23. I'm going to believe that to be the truth - I've had 'bad' info from FORD marketing on multiple occasions.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think Ford would post on the media or corporate site that they cancelled 6000 Maverick orders. Seems to be all feel good and we're #1 articles.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This won't end up on the news page. At best, it will be a footnote in a corporate filing.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The address for FMC Dealer Portal is correct, it doesn't matter what main position you have a dealer level, the "homepage" is the same, I see the same sales messages as @fordvideoguy , but I work in the parts department!

Sponsored

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed with Ford and my dealer today I am being converted to a MY23, last email was a build date of 11/28 but Ford and dealer told me 12/19 and again confirmed it will be a MY23 even though I had VIN. Honestly I'm fine with that, might as well get the newer model....eventually...LOL 🙄

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed with Ford and my dealer today I am being converted to a MY23, last email was a build date of 11/28 but Ford and dealer told me 12/19 and again confirmed it will be a MY23 even though I had VIN. Honestly I'm fine with that, might as well get the newer model....eventually...LOL 🙄
Sorry also forgot to mention the dealer stated anyone with a VIN that didn't get built would be given priority over those without a Vin. There might be an option to change some things but not model / XLT to Lariat for example.

OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. This goes to show you . . . that you can't even rely on Ford Customer Service. Proves that was told me is NOT correct. Sorry if I lead people astray. My intent was to advise you what my conversation consisted of. Personal experience is the one place to lean towards for getting info.

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. This goes to show you . . . that you can't even rely on Ford Customer Service. Proves that was told me is NOT correct. Sorry if I lead people astray. My intent was to advise you what my conversation consisted of. Personal experience is the one place to lean towards for getting info.
No need to apologize...this has turned into a nightmare. Lol

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Did not realize that official Ford documents going to their 3000 dealers network was considered to be a rumor. Good to know.
Sponsored