paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the "Just in Time" manufacturing nonsense. The THEORY that they get parts delivered just as they need them. Done because of tax rules and higher education idiots promotion. Depends of perfection and we know how that winds up.
To be fair, it wasn't tax related. I also don't know if Mr. Ohno should be considered a "Higher Education Idiot" either, since it looks like he started in the automotive industry in 1932, when he was 20 years old and fresh out of technical high school. He joined Toyota in the 1940's as a shop-floor supervisor and rose from there in the automotive industry.

"JIT is a Japanese management philosophy which has been applied in practice since the early 1970s in many Japanese manufacturing organizations. It was first developed and perfected within the Toyota manufacturing plants by Taiichi Ohno as a means of meeting consumer demands with minimum delays . Taiichi Ohno is frequently referred to as the father of JIT."
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To be fair, it wasn't tax related. I also don't know if Mr. Ohno should be considered a "Higher Education Idiot" either, since it looks like he started in the automotive industry in 1932, when he was 20 years old and fresh out of technical high school. He joined Toyota in the 1940's as a shop-floor supervisor and rose from there in the automotive industry.

"JIT is a Japanese management philosophy which has been applied in practice since the early 1970s in many Japanese manufacturing organizations. It was first developed and perfected within the Toyota manufacturing plants by Taiichi Ohno as a means of meeting consumer demands with minimum delays . Taiichi Ohno is frequently referred to as the father of JIT."
Japanese/ American. Apples/Oranges.
Those I spoke of thought it could work here in a very different business environment. Couldn't.

And the government changed the taxes on inventories. So, no inventory, no taxes.
Everything beautiful, right?

MechSC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mazda Protege5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sales rep at my dealer called me today, to confirm that memo. As far as I know, he's not in contact with any sources, such as this one. Now, to wait and see what comes next.

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor".

Interesting: received email for my date being moved to December 5th on Tuesday October 18th. Received call from my dealer on October 19th stating that they received a vague memo from Ford about the Canceling of MY22 orders (Same Memo posted on this forum). Then she stated they received a list of canceled orders and allocations and that my Order and Vin were on the canceled list. She informed me of next steps and that I should hang tight.

I was told that Ford dealer rep department had been wiped out and the dealer no longer has reliable contacts to get clarifications on vague memos. I called Ford Support right after, same place you called. They said my production date had changed to December 19th. I asked about the Memo my dealer had received and read to me. The support person said that they were not able to discuss and that more information would be available at the end of this month.

Sounds to me like the dealers and the customers need to join forces and insist that Ford either offer reliable coherent information in their Memos to dealers or reinstate the dealer reps at corporate. This is unfair to the good trustworthy dealers trying to serve the customers.

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting: received email for my date being moved to December 5th on Tuesday October 18th. Received call from my dealer on October 19th stating that they received a vague memo from Ford about the Canceling of MY22 orders (Same Memo posted on this forum). Then she stated they received a list of canceled orders and allocations and that my Order and Vin were on the canceled list. She informed me of next steps and that I should hang tight.

I was told that Ford dealer rep department had been wiped out and the dealer no longer has reliable contacts to get clarifications on vague memos. I called Ford Support right after, same place you called. They said my production date had changed to December 19th. I asked about the Memo my dealer had received and read to me. The support person said that they were not able to discuss and that more information would be available at the end of this month.

Sounds to me like the dealers and the customers need to join forces and insist that Ford either offer reliable coherent information in their Memos to dealers or reinstate the dealer reps at corporate. This is unfair to the good trustworthy dealers trying to serve the customers.[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No apology necessary - this has been a colossal cluster for the last few months, and we seem to get new/different info on a regular basis depending on the source. All we can do is sit tight and cross our fingers.
Humor helps too ease the pain! :)

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my Ecoboost XLT FX4 11-09-21. Rolled over to a 23 so close to a year so far
I'd check your order. Lariat Lux shipped ordered 12 26.

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd check your order. Lariat Lux shipped ordered 12 26.
Already checked. I had mudflaps on my original order. Took them off for 23 plus I have a few other constraints. Been in contact with my dealer and Ford Marketing. Everything looks good. Thanks for your input

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Already checked. I had mudflaps on my original order. Took them off for 23 plus I have a few other constraints. Been in contact with my dealer and Ford Marketing. Everything looks good. Thanks for your input
Congratulations on getting yours

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No apology necessary - this has been a colossal cluster for the last few months, and we seem to get new/different info on a regular basis depending on the source. All we can do is sit tight and cross our fingers.
If there's nothing you can do- do nothing. There's plenty of blame to go around but that's pointless. As I'm just a spectator low on the food chain I'll just hunker down ("sit tight"), and be super happy when delivered.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Humor helps too ease the pain! :)
Well, it's either laugh or cry. Sometimes I'm taking the middle ground and shaking my head in amazement on how screwed up everything is.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was ar priority 2 then removed the mudflaps. Got a vin 2 weeks later. Still can't belive they are a constaint.
Sponsored