First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI your 500 deposit was a decision between you and your dealer just like the price you agree to pay for the vehicle. Ford doesn't require deposits but dealers can if they want and the final sale price is also set by the dealer since it will be their vehicle to sell to you.
Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I sure hope the Maverick performs better than the company's customer service, which is pathetic. I ordered TWO hybrid Mavericks in mid-August. I've heard jacksh&t from Ford, except that my order was accepted -- thanks to me putting down $500 per vehicle. I've been waiting more than 5 months for some kind of communication .., anything. Oh, we did get word in October that we were getting some free crap ... to make up for the delay. I called Ford marketing today and the guy I spoke to was obviously schooled in evasiveness. It's such BS! Listen, I understand what might be holding things up. But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
Certainly a frustrating situation for a lot of folks.

The bottom line is you will get your Mavericks when you get your Mavericks. Don't like the Ford fiasco? Don't buy them. Don't want to wait? Don't buy them. Can't get them exactly the way you want? Don't buy them. Don't like or trust your dealer? Don't buy them. Get your $1000 back. There will be plenty of other people that will be happy to purchase "your" trucks. And will be very happy to get them, whenever that may be.

Seriously, you may need to consider going to Plan B, assuming you have one.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure hope the Maverick performs better than the company's customer service, which is pathetic. I ordered TWO hybrid Mavericks in mid-August. I've heard jacksh&t from Ford, except that my order was accepted -- thanks to me putting down $500 per vehicle. I've been waiting more than 5 months for some kind of communication .., anything. Oh, we did get word in October that we were getting some free crap ... to make up for the delay. I called Ford marketing today and the guy I spoke to was obviously schooled in evasiveness. It's such BS! Listen, I understand what might be holding things up. But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
They are very polite butt don't know jack shit, On another topic Ford doesn't require a deposit for the Maverick so I still don't get why certain dealers make you put down one🤔

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure if this is directed to their customer relations department, if so, yes it is horrible. I've had to contact them twice. First time by mail, second time by phone. When I mailed them, they told me I had to take up my issue with my local dealership and they can't help, when I called them, some guy answered and said "Hello?" instead of the typical, "Hi, my name is _____ how can I help you today." There was music playing in the background and the guy sounded like he didn't even work for Ford and just answered "I don't know" to everything I asked him.

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the best course of action would be to cancel your orders and get your refund from the dealer.
I doubt Ford will be able to meet or exceed your expectations at this point.
Don't cancel the order. Take delivery and sell it for a couple of thousand more than you paid. The dealer may not cancel your order then turn around and sell it for $5k more. Accept delivery and you can make the extra dough.

Sponsored

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are very polite butt don't know jack shit, On another topic Ford doesn't require a deposit for the Maverick so I still don't get why certain dealers make you put down one🤔
Ford does not require a deposit? I was not aware. The crummy dealer in Spartanburg requires a $500 deposit.

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
You’ll get more info from the dealer. Customer service does not see the vehicle visibility info. They will not ( not supposed to) tell you the priority code. Talk to your dealer. I was just received the email for scheduling last week. Build week of April 25. XL hybrid, only constraint is copilot 360 but I got it.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI your 500 deposit was a decision between you and your dealer just like the price you agree to pay for the vehicle. Ford doesn't require deposits but dealers can if they want and the final sale price is also set by the dealer since it will be their vehicle to sell to you.
I beg to differ on that my order confirmation Email says that they are building your Maverick not my dealers Maverick and the price as stated on the order sheet is what you'll pay

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I beg to differ on that my order confirmation Email says that they are building your Maverick not my dealers Maverick and the price as stated on the order sheet is what you'll pay
Well Ford sells the vehicle to the dealer when they accept it from the carrier or reject it for damages and your process starts over. The dealer chooses whether it will be under MSRP like Chapman was doing over thousands over like some dealers are doing as market adjustments. Ford currently doesn't directly sell to customers like Tesla or Rivian.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
Here's the rub, which is why politicians are as vague as they are... if you think you are mad about wishy washy non-answers, imagine how mad you would be by contrast if Ford gave you either A) an answer you absolutely don't want to hear or B) make a promise to you that they later can not or don't want to be held to.

So being really vague and dodgy usually just causes annoyance, whereas particularly option B can cause people to really spit venom if Ford said they were going to do something and then don't deliver.

Sponsored

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When we placed a deposit last summer, we understood we were buying a wildly popular new model amidst a pandemic and global chip shortage. What was never clearly explained to us is the big black box in the process: Ford’s “Market Basket Allocation System”, which apparently trumps all other considerations in deciding build priority. Your vehicle just will not be built if your dealer does not have an allocation. Who realized this at the time? What dealer explained this? My dealer NOW says he has hundreds of Maverick orders but is allocated less than ten a month. Ford has to come to realize that they are building these vehicles now only for customers who put money down for a delivery, and NOT building them for a dealer to speculate with. For THESE orders, the dealer is a pass-through entity, and NOT the customer. Ford MUST build on basis of order date (within parts constraints), and disregard dealer allocations.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Ford sells the vehicle to the dealer when they accept it from the carrier or reject it for damages and your process starts over. The dealer chooses whether it will be under MSRP like Chapman was doing over thousands over like some dealers are doing as market adjustments. Ford currently doesn't directly sell to customers like Tesla or Rivian.
Once again the order is the agreement between you and your dealer Ford only builds it so if you are getting Jacked by your dealer sounds like bad negotiating by you😢

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once again the order is the agreement between you and your dealer Ford only builds it so if you are getting Jacked by your dealer sounds like bad negotiating by you😢
I bought at the sticker price but hopefully you have signed purchase agreement with the price and the dealers signature to hold them to if you are still waiting. With all the posts that have popped up over the past few months of last minute market adjustments especially in Hawaii where your options for dealers are limited. Ford corporate is basically marketing and nothing more when it comes to customer interaction. They act like they are on your side or will help, but they just end up telling you to deal with the dealer for any complaint you come up with even issues caused by corporates mistakes.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought at the sticker price but hopefully you have signed purchase agreement with the price and the dealers signature to hold them to if you are still waiting. With all the posts that have popped up over the past few months of last minute market adjustments especially in Hawaii where your options for dealers are limited. Ford corporate is basically marketing and nothing more when it comes to customer interaction. They act like they are on your side or will help, but they just end up telling you to deal with the dealer for any complaint you come up with even issues caused by corporates mistakes.
I've lucked out my dealer is a straight shooter with no hidden suprises😉
Sponsored