paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. This goes to show you . . . that you can't even rely on Ford Customer Service. Proves that was told me is NOT correct. Sorry if I lead people astray. My intent was to advise you what my conversation consisted of. Personal experience is the one place to lean towards for getting info.
Definitely dont feel bad. Yours is just another example of how the Ford Support people sometimes either make things up, or deny already known information. Probably not because they are bad people, but simply because it offends them that you might know more than they do, or more accurate/recent info than they do. It is a pride thing probably.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
Wall of Words - Hurts eyes - must look away

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Ford has been so transparent so far. 🤣

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. This goes to show you . . . that you can't even rely on Ford Customer Service. Proves that was told me is NOT correct. Sorry if I lead people astray. My intent was to advise you what my conversation consisted of. Personal experience is the one place to lean towards for getting info.
No apology necessary - this has been a colossal cluster for the last few months, and we seem to get new/different info on a regular basis depending on the source. All we can do is sit tight and cross our fingers.

Sponsored

upnash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Dodge Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This whole Maverick production and delivery thing seems like one big cluster. I really don’t know much about car production and sales but this all sounds to me like Ford is in a situation where they‘ve never been before and they’re trying to figure it out as they go. Ford has huge demand, critical parts shortage, corporate rules on proprietary information, corporate culture (don’t stick your neck out, it might get chopped off), try to be fair to customers but not at the expense of maximum production at factory. Throw all this in a bag, shake it up and you get the 2021-2022 maverick experience.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
And desperate rationalization sinks in 😉

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I am gathering fresh hay for the horses and greasing the wheels on the wagon…. Sees the only reliable horsepower I can depend on.
Don,t need to call for a Vin number Just another manure bag kind of like the info received lately, no defective cables,batteries or ADM….
They Hang Horse Theives Don,t They?

the_mad_end

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work at a Ford dealership. The memo shared by @fordvideoguy on mavericktruckclub.com is word for word what was posted via Ford's internal dealer network site. Sorry, but the call center rep is incorrect. The affected 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders will have their build dates pushed to December 12. Ford is going to automatically cancel and convert these to 23MY and will prioritize them ahead of new 23MY orders on the dealers behalf (not sure why Ford couldn't do this for all the 22MY carryovers, but that's another post).

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work at a Ford dealership. The memo shared by @fordvideoguy on mavericktruckclub.com is word for word what was posted via Ford's internal dealer network site. Sorry, but the call center rep is incorrect. The affected 22MY Maverick Hybrid orders will have their build dates pushed to December 12. Ford is going to automatically cancel and convert these to 23MY and will prioritize them ahead of new 23MY orders on the dealers behalf (not sure why Ford couldn't do this for all the 22MY carryovers, but that's another post).
Other people on here have claimed that dealers already received a list of affected VINs from Ford. Is this true?

My Maverick is scheduled for the 12/5 week and the memo stated that only 12/12 week ordered will be canceled, so my dealer thinks that my order is still being built as a ‘22. This seems to imply that dealers DID NOT receive a list of VINs that will be canceled.

the_mad_end

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other people on here have claimed that dealers already received a list of affected VINs from Ford. Is this true?

My Maverick is scheduled for the 12/5 week and the memo stated that only 12/12 week ordered will be canceled, so my dealer thinks that my order is still being built as a ‘22. This seems to imply that dealers DID NOT receive a list of VINs that will be canceled.
Not sure if they have a list. Not yet anyway. I'm not in a role where I have to process or look at orders, but I did see the bulletin. My last outstanding customer order is thankfully an EcoBoost that should be built sometime this month (the date keeps changing). I'm sure there will be more details rolled out to the dealers and affected customers in the coming weeks.
Sponsored