Sponsored

Fake engine and hybrid exterior sound in Maverick hybrid 2.5L?

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You didn't see it in the reservation guide!? I had a tough time choosing between the Focus RS and the Mustang GT, but eventually paid for the the GT350 sound file. I think it was $99. :whistle:
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. I don’t have a Garmin computer but I’ve been looking at one of those Garmin radars for a while now. People drive like madmen so it’s best to hear/know people are coming
thread-jack:

Garmin bike radar works with Wahoo GPS computers. Likely others too.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope to God it doesn't. Fake engine noise as a whole is terrible and on a hybrid would be so so dumb
What actuall is the point of fake engine noise?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the maverick hybrid have fake engine noice piped through the speakers?
I don't think there's any added sound through the internal speakers. I think it's required to have some sound externally below a certain speed because it's very quiet when the ICE is off.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2021 Prius has no noise when running forward in the "electric" mode. Kind of scary...but nice. I like quiet!
Are you sure. You won't hear it inside the car. Roll down your window, and roll forward slowly. I bet you hear a slight whistling noise.

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Manufacturers these days often pipe in fake engine sounds through the speakers just to make cars sound more sporty.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think there's any added sound through the internal speakers. I think it's required to have some sound externally below a certain speed because it's very quiet when the ICE is off.
The quietness is definitely a thing (one of the things I love about having a hybrid), in older hybrids like mine there was no requirement for that low speed exterior speaker sound. I constantly sneak up on people in parking lots, it's fun to watch them jump with surprise when they look behind them and see me as they walk out in front of me. They only catch on when they hear the brakes. 😁

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the outside for safety so people can hear you coming. Inside is pure idiocy.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if it has the Symposer/Engine Sound Enhancer/Automatic Noise Correction, but if it does, its often just a matter of disconnecting the microphone, pulling a fuse, or use ForScan per this post https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/disable-exhaust-sound-played-thru-speakers.16271/post-227021
Maybe if it can be shut-off in ForScan, the sound file it plays can be replaced. Perhaps with a low throaty sound of a V8 with Magnaflow exhaust........the possibilities are interesting. A Saturn V at launch, the RoadRunner, .......

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe if it can be shut-off in ForScan, the sound file it plays can be replaced. Perhaps with a low throaty sound of a V8 with Magnaflow exhaust........the possibilities are interesting. A Saturn V at launch, the RoadRunner, .......
I'd replace it with an F-14 Tomcat engine sound since it is a Maverick.

Sponsored

teamster02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the maverick hybrid have fake engine noice piped through the speakers?
My ice makes LOTS of noise, so I don't need any additional. I've never heard a 4cyl as loud as this one.

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A friend has a car with this. When he drives away, it sounds like he is on a spaceship and ready to go through an Einstein-Rosen bridge😆
First time I heard it, was staying with a friend a couple months ago, Always new when he was coming home due to the signing car pulling in the garage.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought there was some governmental requirement that an EV or Hybrid had to make noise if some kind when the vehicle was in motion, externally, while running electrically. Someone please correct me if I understood that incorrectly.
I can just tell you my experience with my 2021 Toyota Venza Hybrid. When vehicle is in electric motor mode only (gas engine NOT running) AND vehicle is moving, the vehicle makes the noise as described above. It annoyed me so I asked Toyota about it. I was advised government regulations requires that noise so nearby traffic & pedestrians can hear you. Basically a "safety issue". Now . . . my question is . . . does this apply to the "all electric" vehicles? If not, why. By the way, when the motor kicks in, that obnoxious noise stops.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid