Sponsored

Where's the 12 volt battery located on the Maverick's hybrid 2.5L engine?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Where's the 12 volt battery located on the Maverick's hybrid 2.5L engine? 1670442296441
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But AGM is OPTIONAL / ALTERNATIVE in the EcoBoost.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AGM vs Standard Flooded Battery

I think some of the confusion is that The Maverick uses both an AGM battery and a Standard Flooded Battery

2.0L ECOBOOST - AGM battery: BAGM-348H6-760 (AGM in the part number)
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/battery-and-related-components/battery-7862483-1

2.5L, HEV - Standard Flooded Battery battery: BXT-99RT4-A
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/battery-and-related-components/battery-7868851-1
The 2.0 EB comes with an enhanced flooded battery not an AGM. See page 357 of the Maverick owners manual.

MOTORCRAFT PARTS - 2.0L ECOBOOST™
Motorcraft Part Number Component
BHEF-48H6 Battery.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2021.pdf

Last edited:

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2023 manual shows an AGM for the EB. Page 365.
With all the cost cutting I just have a hard time believing Ford would make a more expensive (almost twice the cost) AGM battery as standard. This is my third Ford and it's just not their style, they typically find ways to make things cheaper. The other things that leads me to believe they're not going to make an AGM battery standard for 2023 are: the footnote about changing the BCM for the replacement battery, just as I had to do when I put an AGM in to replace the flooded battery. Also, the reviews I've seen for the 2023 Maverick Tremor show the same enhanced flooded battery that came on my 2022 Maverick. Granted, this is just my theory and the Tremors I've seen are technically preproduction but if I were a betting man I'd bet against them making the AGM standard. I think the manual is basically just saying what to replace those maintenance items like spark plugs, filters, battery with, not necessarily what would come with your Maverick. For the sake of 2023 owners I hope you're correct though, there are just too many things going on with the Maverick and most modern day cars like electric power steering and smart alternators that almost make a faster charging AGM battery a necessity.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all the cost cutting I just have a hard time believing Ford would make a more expensive (almost twice the cost) AGM battery as standard. This is my third Ford and it's just not their style, they typically find ways to make things cheaper. The other things that leads me to believe they're not going to make an AGM battery standard for 2023 are: the footnote about changing the BCM for the replacement battery, just as I had to do when I put an AGM in to replace the flooded battery. Also, the reviews I've seen for the 2023 Maverick Tremor show the same enhanced flooded battery that came on my 2022 Maverick. Granted, this is just my theory and the Tremors I've seen are technically preproduction but if I were a betting man I'd bet against them making the AGM standard. I think the manual is basically just saying what to replace those maintenance items like spark plugs, filters, battery with, not necessarily what would come with your Maverick. For the sake of 2023 owners I hope you're correct though, there are just too many things going on with the Maverick and most modern day cars like electric power steering and smart alternators that almost make a faster charging AGM battery a necessity.
Here's the footnote that you're talking about.

1 Configure your vehicle’s battery management system to match the replacement battery. If using a battery not listed, it must match the specification as one of the listed batteries.
Configure your vehicle’s battery management system to match the listed battery. Failure to use an appropriate configuration for your battery management system could result in shortened battery life, features not working correctly, or your vehicle not starting. Consult your local dealer or service provider for further details.
The 2022 manual doesn't have this footnote for the listed enhance flooded battery. So who knows what battery they are putting in 2023 EB Maverick's. If it's still the EHF and it fails during bumper to bumper coverage will Ford pay the dealer to replace it with an AGM and the required changes to the BMS?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's the footnote that you're talking about.

The 2022 manual doesn't have this footnote for the listed enhance flooded battery. So who knows what battery they are putting in 2023 EB Maverick's. If it's still the EHF and it fails during bumper to bumper coverage will Ford pay the dealer to replace it with an AGM and the required changes to the BMS?
No. They won't.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. They won't.
One member here had his battery replaced with the AGM version by the dealer and as another member confirmed they are at least shipping some if not all ecoboost models with a factory AGM now.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Possible they are out of stock of the flooded.
Sponsored