First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will pull my paperwork tomorrow and see. The codes that you mentioned, what do they stand for?

yes I chose the hybrid for the gas mileage and although I’d like a minimal lift and tires I do realize it will jeopardize some Mpg but hoping to still be above the2.0L, do you think? I’d Lionel any input
You want your dealer to assign you a Code of 10, that's the best (or lowest)a dealer can assign. Lower priority (2) will get assigned once you Mav gets pulled for a build and at that time you can't make any changes to your order, until then you can make whatever changes you want, some dealerships will tell you they can't but in reality they can. At this time there are some known constraints that you want to avoid adding to your build unless you really aren't in a rush. Stuff like mud flaps, stand along spray-in bed liner were on the list, but I'm not sure what is still on the list at this time. Of course as time goes by and supplies roll in there might not be anything on the constraint list by time your Mav gets built.
Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Ok i think we get it, two pages of 8 weeks is not going to happen.. Lets get down to the question at hand. If you want to do as said go with the 2.0 AWD. First there is not a lift kit for the FWD and may not be one available in the future. It is more likely there will be a lowering kit before a lift for FWD.. The rear suspension is different between FWD and AWD.

Now why get a hybrid just to kill gas mileage with those tires. You will probably be close to the 2.0 gas mileage with same tires on both. BUT you will lose most off-roading benefits those tires/lift would have with FWD vs AWD.. So if you are doing it just for looks still go with AWD.. If you want to go offroading the the FX4 is a must (even says the AWD in owners manual is not meant for off road). Mic drop.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was reading through this thread and thinking the same as @Darksider.

The lifts you've seen have been on 4WD Mavericks. The rear suspension is fundamentally different on those than on the FWD (that all Hybrids are). AFAIK, nothing available yet for FWD and Darksider may be right that we won't see any, at least for some time.

OP
OP

sbhawk07

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I was reading through this thread and thinking the same as @Darksider.

The lifts you've seen have been on 4WD Mavericks. The rear suspension is fundamentally different on those than on the FWD (that all Hybrids are). AFAIK, nothing available yet for FWD and Darksider may be right that we won't see any, at least for some time.
This was what I was looking for. Im trying to get an idea, if I were to get a hybrid...could I even put a lift on it.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to get tires/ rims/ and a small lift immediately but will I run into any problems with it being a hybrid or should that not be a concern?

*picture below is not mine, but an example of what I'm hoping to have mine look similar to...hoping original poster doesn't mind me using their photo as an example*
Seems like nobody really answered your question, at least on the first couple pages.

Regarding wheels, they are going to work the same as on all Mavericks.

Regarding lift kits, the FWD models have a different suspension than the AWD models. AWD is likely going to be much more popular for lift kits, as its much more offroad capable.

If you were looking for something as aggressive as what you have shown, IMO I would cancel the hybrid order and get a AWD Ecoboost Maverick. FWD will limit you anywhere that aggressive tires like that would most feel at home.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbhawk07

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Seems like nobody really answered your question, at least on the first couple pages.

Regarding wheels, they are going to work the same as on all Mavericks.

Regarding lift kits, the FWD models have a different suspension than the AWD models. AWD is likely going to be much more popular for lift kits, as its much more offroad capable.

If you were looking for something as aggressive as what you have shown, IMO I would cancel the hybrid order and get a AWD Ecoboost Maverick. FWD will limit you anywhere that aggressive tires like that would most feel at home.
I appreciate the response! I really would like the hybrid because of the awesome mileage but I will 100% be doing a lift and tires/ rims (if dealer has correct parts) before it even leaves the dealership. My concern now is if there will even be a lift for the FWD. I know that adding tires/ rims will affect the mileage for the hybrid but I'd guess it would still be better than the AWD. Would you think?

Garry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company owned Chevy 1500
after reading more forums, it seems hybrids were waiting for eta rating and such so they may have not shipped any yet if I'm not mistaking. Nice thing is, this will be my work vehicle (property management) so I'm not in a massive rush and would be willing to wait.
The ETA reading

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate the response! I really would like the hybrid because of the awesome mileage but I will 100% be doing a lift and tires/ rims (if dealer has correct parts) before it even leaves the dealership. My concern now is if there will even be a lift for the FWD. I know that adding tires/ rims will affect the mileage for the hybrid but I'd guess it would still be better than the AWD. Would you think?
Better gas mileage in what way? On the HWY it will end up being very close to an EB AWD. If you're adding weight, increasing tire contact, and impact aerodynamics you're likely to cause the gas engine to work harder and longer than stock.

In the City it's likely you'll still get much better gas mileage than the EB but it'll still be hampered.

My question is why? The EB delivers pretty stout gas mileage for the performance it delivers. Seems like you're going to have a compromised build that probably won't really satisfy.
Sponsored