2.5L Hybrid Mods

sbhawk07

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Edit: after comments over and over state, I realize the 8 week timeframe that Ford dealership quoted me is never going to happen and I'm ok with that. My concern now is, will I even be able to get a small lift for the FWD? My thought is, even with the hybrid and having it lifted and bigger tires/ rims the gas mileage would still be better than the AWD wouldn't you think?

I will be ordering my 2.5L Hybrid Maverick tomorrow with our local dealership. They have advised it will be approx. 8 week turn around to get the vehicle. I have seen a few trucks that have a 1.5" lift along with new tires and rims but haven't seen any mods for the hybrid. I want to get tires/ rims/ and a small lift immediately but will I run into any problems with it being a hybrid or should that not be a concern?

*picture below is not mine, but an example of what I'm hoping to have mine look similar to...hoping original poster doesn't mind me using their photo as an example*

Ford Maverick 2.5L Hybrid Mods Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.29.50 PM

Ford Maverick 2.5L Hybrid Mods Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.30.26 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1.5 inch lift shouldn’t be a problem.

8 week turnaround time is very unrealistic though. Ford recently said hybrid delivery would begin in January (10 weeks away). February - March would probably be optimistic if you’re just now ordering. I would say April-June is entirely possible.

OP
OP

sbhawk07

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
8 weeks? Good luck.
after reading more forums, it seems hybrids were waiting for eta rating and such so they may have not shipped any yet if I'm not mistaking. Nice thing is, this will be my work vehicle (property management) so I'm not in a massive rush and would be willing to wait.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Benjamin94

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
I will be ordering my 2.5L Hybrid Maverick tomorrow with our local dealership. They have advised it will be approx. 8 week turn around to get the vehicle. I have seen a few trucks that have a 1.5" lift along with new tires and rims but haven't seen any mods for the hybrid. I want to get tires/ rims/ and a small lift immediately but will I run into any problems with it being a hybrid or should that not be a concern?

*picture below is not mine, but an example of what I'm hoping to have mine look similar to...hoping original poster doesn't mind me using their photo as an example*

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.30.26 PM.png
Just keep your timeframe realistic (coming from someone who ordered Oct. 19), we're likely not going to see our trucks for another 4-5 months if not longer.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
after reading more forums, it seems hybrids were waiting for eta rating and such so they may have not shipped any yet if I'm not mistaking. Nice thing is, this will be my work vehicle (property management) so I'm not in a massive rush and would be willing to wait.
I'm waiting, too. 8 weeks would be great. But that's not going to happen and even 18 weeks is also probably very optimistic.

OP
OP

sbhawk07

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
1.5 inch lift shouldn’t be a problem.

8 week turnaround time is very unrealistic though. Ford recently said hybrid delivery would begin in January (10 weeks away). February - March would probably be optimistic if you’re just now ordering. I would say April-June is entirely possible.
Yes, I've seen a few rim/ tire upgrades with no lift and then found one with a lift. Both looked nice. I just read a few other forum posts that hybrids were waiting for EPA rating to be complete which was just posted the other day. I don't mind waiting but didn't realized zero hybrids have been shipped yet.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Eight weeks?!? More power to you but I'm thinking the sales staff had been partying right before they told you that.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm betting on the over/under of 8 weeks on THE OVER!!!

I'm already at 12+ weeks with no schedule information yet.

Ford Maverick 2.5L Hybrid Mods 1635100265976

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8 weeks? Good luck.
Yea the dealer quoting 8 weeks from ordering right now to delivery is totally not going to happen.

My Maverick Hybrid is assigned the build week of 11/15 and I will not receive my truck until the earliest of January 5th or 10+ weeks from today.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Great look and in my color. Been thinking about it. Am assuming increased torque needs would possibly cause sooner and more ice participation. But would get to speed sooner so expect partial wash in energy usage. Braking in a certain distance would require, due to fewer revolutions and rpm of drive motor being a constant multiple of axle RPM increasing load on stator to point where hydraulic braking assist would be activated sooner and more frequently. Bottom line less gas mpg.
I think that the greater participation of ice and brakes would reduce heat load on stators but maybe not since surges would be greater over shorter time spans (or over longer distance). Recharge pulses from regeneration could result in increased heat in battery. Another thought the fewer revolutions per mile would allow the flat towers to drive faster. An increase of 10% in circumference of tire on maverick, I suspect, would allow them to drive 10% faster than max flat tow limit. Don't forget to use the optimum selector on drive mode selector. Have Ford set at least one to closest they can/will to super big tire mode.

Okie from Muskogee

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
The release of the EPA milage has brought the hybrid Mav to the attention of those who were not glued to the internet. The dealerships are trying to sell them as they would a conventional vehicle. It won't work. The timelines are much further out. I think this is a taste of how other cars be increasingly marketed. They avoid unwanted vehicles that don't sell and must be sold for less at a lower profit to the auto maker and dealerships.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car salesmen will not lose to any fantasy novel writer in imagination.
Sponsored