2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did this no difference in the camera at all that was disappointing
Has anyone else done this and seen a difference in the reverse camera at night? Since that is kind of the point of this mod, right?

Also here's screenshots that may help for comparing how much more lit the surrounding garage area gets:

Ford Maverick DIY - Maverick LED tail lights upgrade. Before and After Video 1638564083485

Ford Maverick DIY - Maverick LED tail lights upgrade. Before and After Video 1638564108119
Sponsored

Last edited:

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the install the same on the Lariat trim? I know those taillights are slightly different.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really need to see the lights acting as turn signals to come to any conclusion. The brightness seems about the same, but my peeve with incandescents is that they don’t turn on and off quick enough for my liking when acting as turn signals. IMO all vehicles should have MANDATED amber signals or else the manufacturer gets hit with a $1B fine for each vehicle produced without amber signals. Or at least implement sequential turn signals, or use a separate bulb from the brakes.
We don't need any more mandates. Jesus Christ..... 🙄

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Stay tuned for Diode Dynamics LED replacements for the Maverick.

They offer a wide selection of products to fit specific vehicles such as the Ford Ranger. I hope to replace every non-LED light and add yellow fog lights as well.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s the most important mandate of all, only behind having to return your cart at the grocery store.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I liked the part about the $1B fine per vehicle. That's certainly proportional. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you again for the video, did mine yesterday, next is the third brake light…need to find the link to that video again.

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You for all the info, changed cargo and reverse to LED's
All went perfectly with your great info :)

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone else have a hell of a time getting their tail light assembly free while doing this? I removed the bolts but feel like I am going to snap the tail light trying to pull it away/out from the fender.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else have a hell of a time getting their tail light assembly free while doing this? I removed the bolts but feel like I am going to snap the tail light trying to pull it away/out from the fender.
I had the same concern when I reached that same point of the taillight removal. There are two attach points which are narrow prongs on the back side of the taillight assembly ( the side toward the front of the vehicle if you are facing the tailgate ). You just have to give a firm tug and each one will release. They go back on much easier post bulb replacement, so just get past this step and you will be good.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any CANBUS-friendly LED that has a built in resistor - rather than a spliced in one - will overheat in about 7 minutes. I get this directly from the manufacturer of the CANBUS LEDs I've used in turn signals in many cars for many years.

Reverse bulbs don't need resistors because they're not going to hyper flash or cause error codes. My talk of the 7 minute thing was in regard to trying to find an LED that would work as both a tail/brake and a turn signal - as the Maverick uses the same bulb for all three, which is a complication. You could wire in a resistor, I suppose, but I'm not willing to splice wiring on a new car. But you're going to have to have a bulb that will both not hyper flash and not overheat. Maybe that exists and I don't know about it since I've not had a car use the same bulb for tail/brake/turn before.
I’m curious what you think of these:https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/installed-lasfit-4257-canbus-switchbacks.6961/

I ordered them and will install the pair this week.
Sponsored