Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
those are top notch bulbs...I have some in my wife's car as well as my current car and the previous. they're bright, have a good warranty and will last a LONG time
That’s good to hear. I’m super excited, but I’m so curious how the bulb is on as a white light all the time without overheating. I can understand the orange blinker only being on occasionally and therefore not overheating. How does it work for thr white light but not the orange?

If they work well, I’ll likely add their bulbs to the cargo lights on the third break light.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s good to hear. I’m super excited, but I’m so curious how the bulb is on as a white light all the time without overheating. I can understand the orange blinker only being on occasionally and therefore not overheating. How does it work for thr white light but not the orange?

If they work well, I’ll likely add their bulbs to the cargo lights on the third break light.
they have heatsink and internal cooling...they won't overheat

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
they have heatsink and internal cooling...they won't overheat
Ahhhh. Okay. That helps me. So they overcome the need for resisters with a heatsink!

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahhhh. Okay. That helps me. So they overcome the need for resisters with a heatsink…
the heatsink just keeps them cool...resistors account for differences in voltage use between an incandescent bulb and an LED. these bulbs have built in resistors which is why they don't hyper flash

Sponsored

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the heatsink just keeps them cool...resistors account for differences in voltage use between an incandescent bulb and an LED. these bulbs have built in resistors which is why they don't hyper flash
That makes sense. I realized after I replied it might come across as scarcasm. I’ve built a couple computers, so I understand a heatsink. I didn’t know they had one, so that was a genuine “ah ha” moment. Resisters are new to me, so this is really helpful.

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You for all the info, changed cargo and reverse to LED's
All went perfectly with your great info :)
What did you use for the cargo bulb replacement? I bought some that worked but didn't fit in the lens. Had to return them. Also looking for stop/tail replacement that is confirmed NOT to cause errors or hyperflash.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
What did you use for the cargo bulb replacement? I bought some that worked but didn't fit in the lens. Had to return them. Also looking for stop/tail replacement that is confirmed NOT to cause errors or hyperflash.
Try Diode Dynamics. I think they may have some that will work.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cargo /3rd brake bulbs I had to flip one around that wasnt turning on at first so I’m not sure if that was my error in not having it snug or if they have polarity or whatever and I got lucky on the other two on my first try.

Reverse bulbs

No errors!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few people complained that the reverse lights didnt light the ground enough in certain situations, making the backup camera harder to see at night. This will help that out.
These small LED lights 5-6k are very bright to the human retina when looking at them directly, but the light they make is very poor in reflecting off of objects or the ground. 3-4k is best for this application.
Sponsored