2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is using Sunnypilot which I prefer over the stock openpilot
Thanks. That’s the same doc I got. I have to figure out Fingerprinting I guess. I have Dashcam Mode. Car Unrecognized. I’m going to PM you so as not to clutter this thread too much.
Sponsored

SamVil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone who does this pls pls post a YouTube video on this … including running the wiring and the programming!!!! Thanks 🙏!!

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone who does this pls pls post a YouTube video on this … including running the wiring and the programming!!!! Thanks 🙏!!
The original post really is quite comprehensive.

The only thing that has changed is the settings are on page 17 and some people are now tapping the IPMA for power and ground.

Timmyjane

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The original post really is quite comprehensive.

The only thing that has changed is the settings are on page 17 and some people are now tapping the IPMA for power and ground.
I grabbed a ground near the passenger side fuse block. There is a 10mm(?) grounding spot right there before you run wires vertically up the passenger pillar. A small ring terminal and she fit right on. I then ran 3 wires up to the IPMA and made my final connections to pins 3, 4, and 11. (That’s from memory so I’d check those PIN numbers)

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I grabbed a ground near the passenger side fuse block. There is a 10mm(?) grounding spot right there before you run wires vertically up the passenger pillar. A small ring terminal and she fit right on. I then ran 3 wires up to the IPMA and made my final connections to pins 3, 4, and 11. (That’s from memory so I’d check those PIN numbers)
My only concern with grabbing the power from the IPMA, is that the radar is exposed to the elements. Down the road, if some water were to intrude in the connection, you could short out your IPMA module.

That would be nice if the factory fuse could be added to the box in the hood.

I remember looking at this briefly, but that fus box is a pain to get to and work with, I couldn't find a way to add the terminals.

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do want to mention that according to the Manual, the CCM is fed power through a Fuse that is Hot at all times. So the Module always has power. You might trip a code if you feed it power thats keyed with the ignition. The IPMA is fed power thru the ignition in "Start or Run".

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, there is a discrepancy in the manual. One section shows the CCM hot at all times and another shows it getting power in Start or Run.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, there is a discrepancy in the manual. One section shows the CCM hot at all times and another shows it getting power in Start or Run.
I would be surprised if it is powered all the time. Just another thing to run the battery dead.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It certainly works with key power. That's what many of us have done.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I did this and it's been working perfectly since September. The last week I've been getting pre collision assist not working. Phone app said detected either a system fault or sensor obstructed. I have gotten out and physically checked it. Sensor feels firm in there with nothing obstructing... It's been just about every other day working perfectly or not at all. With one day when I was driving it started working randomly.

Any guidance or ideas to check out before I just try buying a new sensor or anything?
Did you check all the connections? Did you use twisted pair wire?

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I did this and it's been working perfectly since September. The last week I've been getting pre collision assist not working. Phone app said detected either a system fault or sensor obstructed. I have gotten out and physically checked it. Sensor feels firm in there with nothing obstructing... It's been just about every other day working perfectly or not at all. With one day when I was driving it started working randomly.

Any guidance or ideas to check out before I just try buying a new sensor or anything?
Isn't the pre-collision assist (and AEB) via the camera and camera only? As in, all Mav's have it stock, and ACC is unrelated:
https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/pre-collision-assist/
https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/?intcmp=cp360-pca-dat

Either windshield dirty, or dust on camera lens inside the vehicle?

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I've gotten this message in snow, heavy fog, and when the windshield is iced up. If it doesn't go away on it's own in between drives, I would suspect a bad connection on one of the pins that was installed for the mod.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. Help needed :-|

2023 XL hybrid w/ CP360 (any similar builds that can share their ABs with working ACC?)

After many attempts, finally got CCM calibrated. I swear the VIN gets changed on you. Double-check that (also ignore the post that says don't use "4D" to start, like OP shows)

BUT
I've done the battery disconnect for 1 hr and still am getting ACC not available, when I press the steering wheel button. U2300 DTC on IPMA.

Attached (/at bottom) is a markup of all the different things I've tried. Started with OP, plus pg 17. Then the attached image. Now the XL codes Nick added. Still have IPMA (U2300) and ABS (U2101) DTC.

Here are my ABs as of now:
Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package 1708915599726

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package 1708915615796

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package 1708915631274

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package 1708915645925

Going to let battery sit disconnected overnight, just in case :-\

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package XL 2022 codes

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. Help needed :-|

2023 XL hybrid w/ CP360 (any similar builds that can share their ABs with working ACC?)

After many attempts, finally got CCM calibrated. I swear the VIN gets changed on you. Double-check that (also ignore the post that says don't use "4D" to start, like OP shows)

BUT
I've done the battery disconnect for 1 hr and still am getting ACC not available, when I press the steering wheel button. U2300 DTC on IPMA.

Attached (/at bottom) is a markup of all the different things I've tried. Started with OP, plus pg 17. Then the attached image. Now the XL codes Nick added. Still have IPMA (U2300) and ABS (U2101) DTC.

Here are my ABs as of now:
1708915599726.png

1708915615796.png

1708915631274.png

1708915645925.png

Going to let battery sit disconnected overnight, just in case :-\

XL 2022 codes.jpg

I have a XLT Lux w/CP360 which is what you see in the spreadsheet. I would suspect there are more changes required for an XL. You may have to compare your asbuilt to some other VINs.

After a quick Google search, it seems like U2300 has to do with communication between modules and them not being configured right. So I think the IPMA would be the first place to look.
Sponsored