Sounded intriguing until I see 29/31 mpg ratings.
Rav4 PHEV spanks it. Plus reliability + resale. And the new Ravs can tow up to 3500 lbs.
Once Toyota finally puts their 2.5 hybrid powertrain in a Maverick competitor, we'll finally have proper competition.
T H I S
My first new vehicle ever got a CEL under 2k miles. I was annoyed. Pulled the code and it was some air pressure / flow thingy and it triggered at elevation. Reset it. Never came back, never went to a dealership after purchase.
A CEL is usually minor. A major drivability issue will...
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/diy-how-to-install-adaptive-cruise-control-in-maverick-hybrid-xlt-with-luxury-package.14586/page-42#post-774630
try the pdf I attached and compare with what you've got
A discount on overpriced goods, doesn't mean it is all that great a deal.
Not a deal.
Get roasted because you're calling it a "steal" or even a "crazy deal".
Accept defeat and move on.
Can get full synthetic, name brand oils for under $5/qt at Walmart with free shipping. That's not a deal...
Yeah, turning radius was one of my spreadsheet metrics to compare. At one point I looked at a Tacoma w/ 6' bed. The radius was basically an F150...
Mav 40'
Ranger 42.5'
Taco 44.4'
6' bed Taco 46.6'
F150 (5.5' bed) 47.8'
Since I'm going from a XL Mav to a Lariat Ranger, I'll have front/rear...
I'm going Ranger - just can't handle F150 size in many of our campsites. Would love the F150 ride on long drives, and larger fuel tank. Similar mpg as Ranger too!
Wanted towing tech and ground clearance. Ranger came out on top of a long, detailed review of options.
I'd go AWD hybrid 4k, if buying today. Probably Lariat for the pro-trailer stuff too.
My XL FWD hybrid gets 40 mpg combined for it's 30k miles so far.
(and cost $24,940 in 2023)
5.12 *update* - after a road trip to Yosemite, I'm at 29,999 miles now and 37% oil life, with 5400 remaining estimate = 14,500 for potential oil change interval. So it went UP, with some high speed freeway driving, medium speed foothills and a few short trips around the Valley.
The 1 year recommendation is also made to cover all vehicles and has so many compromises / assumptions built in...
It covers the daily short tripper, the third vehicle that rarely drives, but goes on longer drives when it does, that one outside in the SW heat, or the one garaged in the NE, etc...