First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally to program the Maverick XL using forscan.

The version used is 2.3.45 note only use this version for the 2.0L ecoboost engines. 2.5L hybrids use the software listed below.

edit
For hybrid vehicles the ABS module will not write at all. Forscan has since released a test version of the software than can write the ABS module for hybrid engines. I've had 1 confirmation it does so far but more should be forthcoming in this and the cruise control thread.
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.46.test20220126.exe

Program codes

SCCM - 724-02-01 1258 6820 3050
For the correct switches after replacing the switches or putting a different wheel with the correct switches
This code is for a Maverick that also has Copilot 360 installed it will work on non Copilot 360 installations but if you experience any issues try this code instead
SCCM - 724-02-01 1258 4820 3030

They work in the following manner
xxxx 4xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/ lane keep

xxxx 6xxx xxxx is for a left hand steering wheel switch and left hand turn stalk w/o lane keep

ABS - 760-03-02 0200 0000 0573
Sets the braking to work correctly with cruise control

edit thanks to @TobyGadd for pointing this out. The codes for the ecoboost and hybrid do differ.

BCM - 726-04-05 CB28 8140 8872
Use this code for the 2.0L ecoboost engines. So far there hasn't been any reported issues using this code on hybrids but if you used it originally it is recommended to redo with the code below.

BCM - 726-04-05 CB28 8141 8873
Use this code for 2.5L hybrid engines

This activates the cruise control functionality for XL trims less an FX4 package

TBD
BCM codes for XL trim Mavericks with the cruise control mod and optional if figured out FX4 upgrade.

No IPC codes need to be changed after testing.
[/QUOTE

When I tried to enter the BCM codes. My Maverick went to a drop down menu of many types of CC for hybrid, adaptive, including the different engines. All I did what select Cruise Control. Its seems to work perfectly. Do I have a lucky Louie, (getting the right answer, while doing the wrong operation)?
Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished installing this and worked like a charm. Just wanted to say thank you to all those who wrote up the instructions and the pioneers who discovered this mod. Really appreciate it guys. Cheers.
70EC3255-AA87-42E5-B49D-69710A201F6E.jpeg
MW_. How did you get the speed limit sign on your dash next to 44mph?

golfbymagic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished installing this and worked like a charm. Just wanted to say thank you to all those who wrote up the instructions and the pioneers who discovered this mod. Really appreciate it guys. Cheers.
70EC3255-AA87-42E5-B49D-69710A201F6E.jpeg
@mw_maeve - How did you get the little speed limit sign next to your CC info to display? I've tried to find info about it in the manual and on the net, but had no luck. Inquiring minds want to know...

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@mw_maeve - How did you get the little speed limit sign next to your CC info to display? I've tried to find info about it in the manual and on the net, but had no luck. Inquiring minds want to know...
It's another Forscan mod. Search the forum.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I think I need some help with my XL. I've used forscan multiple times with past Ford vehicles, as built, but I'm having trouble getting anything working on my Maverick.

It's an XL EB FWD with the factory tow package. I've purchased the Lane assist turn signal stock as well as theses ACC buttons from an upper trim level 2020 explorer. Read through all of the threads for activating CC, lane assist and even TSR but nothing is working. The left steering wheel button lights up but none of the buttons are functioning, including the volume controls. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here is my VIN if needed: 3FTTW8E91NRA52696
Ford Maverick DIY Forscan enabled Cruise control XL models only Screenshot_20220614-212908
Ford Maverick DIY Forscan enabled Cruise control XL models only Screenshot_20220614-212931

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I need some help with my XL. I've used forscan multiple times with past Ford vehicles, as built, but I'm having trouble getting anything working on my Maverick.

It's an XL EB FWD with the factory tow package. I've purchased the Lane assist turn signal stock as well as theses ACC buttons from an upper trim level 2020 explorer. Read through all of the threads for activating CC, lane assist and even TSR but nothing is working. The left steering wheel button lights up but none of the buttons are functioning, including the volume controls. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here is my VIN if needed: 3FTTW8E91NRA52696
Screenshot_20220614-212908.png
Screenshot_20220614-212931.png
I am no expert but I think the switches are the problem. I added switches for CC only, not ACC or lane assist. I am not sure either are possible on an XL. TSR should be unrelated to the switches and should be a simple enable in Forscan.

Waino

First Name
Waino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
As I've mentioned to others in PM. If you want to test if it is working correctly. reset your trip meter and make sure you have a full tank or close to it. Go take a 20+ mile trip w/CC on, one way with the ABS setting changed. Reset the trip meter and reprogram the ABS to stock then drive back w/CC on. Compare the MPG for each trip. There should be about a 5 - 8 MPG difference for each run and the MPG with it set should be what you've been normally getting for the same driving conditions + / - maybe up to 1 MPG.
Did anyone figure out the reason for the loss of mileage? Was it a code issue?

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. He explains it in the post you quoted. Need the correct ABS setting.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. He explains it in the post you quoted. Need the correct ABS setting.
Best I can tell it could also cause excessive brake wear if the ABS operates normally to maintain speed.

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best I can tell it could also cause excessive brake wear if the ABS operates normally to maintain speed.
Maverick2022XL, Just to confirm, what is the correct ABS setting for the Hybrid?
I did not make any changes on my ABS because it already had the same number listed on the post which I found to be odd?? It already had "ABS - 760-03-02 0200 0000 0573"

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick2022XL, Just to confirm, what is the correct ABS setting for the Hybrid?
I did not make any changes on my ABS because it already had the same number listed on the post which I found to be odd?? It already had "ABS - 760-03-02 0200 0000 0573"
That should be correct. Hybrid and Ecoboost engines use the same ABS module codes for Cruise Control.

That is odd if it was already set to that without cruise control installed.

To confirm if that was indeed set that way out of the factory go here
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Use the vin for your truck and check the factory default settings from there against what is showing using forscan.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That should be correct. Hybrid and Ecoboost engines use the same ABS module codes for Cruise Control.

That is odd if it was already set to that without cruise control installed.

To confirm if that was indeed set that way out of the factory go here
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Use the vin for your truck and check the factory default settings from there against what is showing using forscan.
Thank you, I will check it.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, I will check it.
I have a hybrid XL, added the cruise switches and did the Forscan change. I started an easy to follow thread, I did not have to do any "as built" data entries, in town getting 45-46mpg, on a trip now and at 70-75 mph getting 35+ mpg. To find my thread do search "added cruise control OEM factory" and should be able to find it.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But... Why? Another thread?
Sponsored