First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can say this as a former marketing professor, good will and customer loyalty is a precious commodity and expensive to lose. Whoever is making decisions on the production, from choosing suppliers to the production mix, is really blowing it for Ford. When demand is higher than expected, you alter plans and meet demand. Not happening at Ford. Their lost goodwill is going to bite them hard.
Sponsored

805newguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So probably a stupid question but I ordered a hybrid XLT with packages back in September. Dose this mean I beet out the people who ordered later or are we all in the same boat? I know I'm not getting it any time soon or at all at this point. Just was not sure if it mattered when I ordered Or if it just about priority number?

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess Ford is out of the Hybrid business completely, if they can't get the parts for a maverick, then they must not be able to get the parts for any of the other models with Hybrid drive trains. (He said sarcastically)
I don’t think it’s a parts issue. Seems like they’re limiting production for some other reason, such as not selling too many loss-leader models, or not needing very many of them to meet CAFE limits, or other.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So probably a stupid question but I ordered a hybrid XLT with packages back in September. Dose this mean I beet out the people who ordered later or are we all in the same boat? I know I'm not getting it any time soon or at all at this point. Just was not sure if it mattered when I ordered Or if it just about priority number?
I was told it didn’t matter. I ordered day 1, and have been told it will probably never be built. Base XLT hybrid.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is way more complicated then it used to be. The good ol days of getting the car you want are gone.
In the good ol’ days, most of us just bought what was on the lot. It’s my understanding that custom orders were rare.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess Ford is out of the Hybrid business completely, if they can't get the parts for a maverick, then they must not be able to get the parts for any of the other models with Hybrid drive trains. (He said sarcastically)
Ah, you're whining. I'll bet if the Maverick hybrid cost 30 or 35k for starters that the parts would magically appear.

jimdouglas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good question....my thought would be the constrained hitches would be factored AFTER any package-included hitches, which would be included in the package constraint. You should be OK, but this is just my guess on how Ford might organize their data. But I agree, it's probably not as "bad" as it appears from an actual parts-available perspective.
I can’t believe that there is no other source, inside or outside of Ford that is capable of supplying Ford with a hitch to Maverick specifications. It’s just a hitch!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if there are any known statistics on the FX4 and 4KTow packages? I added FX4 to my order on Friday. Overall my only concern at this time is that I ordered through a smaller dealer with low allocations. These statistics tell me my truck will get built….eventually.
I ordered through a local dealer in a small town and I am scheduled for week of January sixteenth. So keep your fingers crossed ⚔.

Sponsored

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed...I am a 10/9/2021 cancelled hybrid. I am still sitting at priority 2 with no VIN or production date. My dealer said he had the allocations for January as they only had 7 Mavericks selected for scheduling but had a number of allocations left. I am at priority 2 and according to Ford the only thing on my order that is a "constraint" is the hybrid engine. But it makes no sense to me that Ford is scheduling orders that are less than 4 months old that have my exact same hybrid build before mine after I've waited nearly 15 months. To me it appears allocations, priority, and constraints are all irrelevant and it's just random. I am starting to think my cancelled order has absolutely no priority over new orders at this point.
We are sorry to inform you due to a programming error you are screwed.😳🪛

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is way more complicated then it used to be. The good ol days of getting the car you want are gone.
This is what happens when you have over educated, under skilled globalists running a car company.

teamhurst

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel terrible for the people who are set on getting a hybrid this year. Looks like there's going to be a lot of disappointed customers. Im glad I decided to go Ecoboost. I wonder if it will even get better next year.
I ordered my XL Hybrid in September and just got an email saying it was built on Tuesday Feb. 21. We'll see if it shows up.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL Hybrid in September and just got an email saying it was built on Tuesday Feb. 21. We'll see if it shows up.
Make sue you check with the dealer. They may try and to sell the truck out from under you!