First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are two separate features that require different packages.

Cross-traffic alert is included with BLIS as part of the optional Co-Pilot360 package on any trim level. This gives you the alert if there is traffic approaching from the side, behind the vehicle, while in reverse.

1671755765282.png

Rear Parking Sensors requires Lariat Luxury Package. These are the ones that tell you when you're getting close to something.

1671755718582.png
Ford's ability to shave nickels never ceases to amaze.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's ability to shave nickels never ceases to amaze.
I agree with you, but the other side of that is if Ford can entice buyers to switch packages etc for that feature it becomes a whole lot of nickels for Ford (just thinking out loud)

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. It's crap. The back-up assist only works most of the time too. The sensors don't seem to work consistently either, as I almost ran over a lady with a shopping cart at the grocery store the other day.
Lesson is: Use your eyes. Do not trust truck!
“Turn around, don’t ground” 😜

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly I think it's great for a vehicle I paid $25k for. It responds very quickly, it's clear, it actually has projection lines instead of static lines that don't tell you much, and I think the 8" screen is super clear and more than adequate. It's all about perception and what kind of vehicle you're coming from I guess. Compared to my '14 Escape which even had the upgraded system this screen and backup cam are great.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick backup is not horrible, much better than a 4Runner! When I get time will be adding aux backup lights.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick backup is not horrible, much better than a 4Runner! When I get time will be adding aux backup lights.
It put the lastfit led backup bulbs in mine, the difference is night and day

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first vehicle I've owned with a back-up camera, so I think it's just dandy! Especially when I can zoom in when backing up to hook up my utility trailer! :cool:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I know that the LED bulbs in my outdoor lights alongside my garage door really screw-up the back-up camera image when backing-in the driveway, both on my previous Journey, and my current Equinox. Must be something related to the wavelength of light they produce?

HRG

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Camera is hard to see, dark even on sunlit days. Comparing it to my 2022 Nissan Leaf camera, Ford should be ashamed. Any ideas, the lens is clean..??Thanks, Ted
My biggest complaint about the backup camera so far is that ford thinks they need to float an image on the screen to let you know the backup aide is on. The image sits in the upper right hand corner of the screen and blots out oncoming vehicles when I'm backing out of a diagonal parking space. I can't see any vehicles until they are practically on top of me because of that stupid image!

For pity's sake Ford, I know I'm backing up. I want to see the entire screen not some darned 'indicator'!

Maybe in future 'upgrade' (soon please) get rid of the image so people can see what's coming at them?

My 2015 Edge has the same issue. . . apparently nobody from Ford engineering backs out of diagonal parking spaces. . . ?

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty comical they call it "co pilot 360" No front camera/ sensors or rear parking sensors. More like co pilot 180...
You do get BLIS and cross traffic alert, CoPilot 270?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dunno, you get an "average" quality backup camera in a "below average" cost vehicle.

No complaints from me.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you, but the other side of that is if Ford can entice buyers to switch packages etc for that feature it becomes a whole lot of nickels for Ford (just thinking out loud)
It's a bit much of a step to go from an XLT with CoPilot360 to a Lariat Lux to get the extra back up sensors lol
Sponsored