Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Because of the short bed, I anticipate frequently driving with the tailgate down. Has anyone found a picture of the backup display with the tailgate down?
Sponsored

GregS

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
Because of the short bed, I anticipate frequently driving with the tailgate down. Has anyone found a picture of the backup display with the tailgate down?
I don't have a picture to show you, but I experimented with that yesterday (I took delivery of my XLT on Monday). The backup camera, while still functioning with the tailgate down, simply provides you with a useless photo of your trailer/hitch and the pavement below. If you are truly intending to drive your Maverick a lot with the tailgate down, I'd anticipate needing to invest in an additional backup camera for your trailer. Fortunately, there are after-market options that won't break the bank and that can be mounted elsewhere for better results. I love my Maverick all in all, don't get me wrong -- but the backup camera mounted on the tailgate is a bit of a fail for pulling a trailer.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't have a picture to show you, but I experimented with that yesterday (I took delivery of my XLT on Monday). The backup camera, while still functioning with the tailgate down, simply provides you with a useless photo of your trailer/hitch and the pavement below. If you are truly intending to drive your Maverick a lot with the tailgate down, I'd anticipate needing to invest in an additional backup camera for your trailer. Fortunately, there are after-market options that won't break the bank and that can be mounted elsewhere for better results. I love my Maverick all in all, don't get me wrong -- but the backup camera mounted on the tailgate is a bit of a fail for pulling a trailer.
I mean depending on your trailer type and clearance to the tailgate, the camera in that position could help you line up your ball hitch a bit better.. Silver lining I guess.

OP
OP
Criss944

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks

GregS

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
I mean depending on your trailer type and clearance to the tailgate, the camera in that position could help you line up your ball hitch a bit better.. Silver lining I guess.
That is true -- you'd get a pretty clear reading on how straight you are to the hitch. I think it goes out of frame prior to being where you need to be to seal the deal, but you'd get close.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is true -- you'd get a pretty clear reading on how straight you are to the hitch. I think it goes out of frame prior to being where you need to be to seal the deal, but you'd get close.
I wonder if someone can 3D print a pivoting bracket for the Ford logo so it swings down when the tailgate is opened.

OP
OP
Criss944

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if someone can 3D print a pivoting bracket for the Ford logo so it swings down when the tailgate is opened.
Ford engineers are you listening?

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford engineers are you listening?
Woah, woah woah... I meant for the average joe smoe. If a ford engineer picks this up, I want some royalties! Time to file a patent I guess...

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or use the mirrors…lol

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about those other positions that the tailgate can be in.

View with the tailgate in the 4'x8' plywood position?

View with the tailgate in the partial open position (4'x8' position but cord wrapped around lower post)?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yay! I can see my trailer ball disappear under my trailer, now what am I going to ask the wife to help me do!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yay! I can see my trailer ball disappear under my trailer, now what am I going to ask the wife to help me do!
Cook supper! LoL just kidding. She can still help, just use the camera and let her think she's helping. ;)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, after all it took couple years to learn all hand and body motions.
The big break thru came when if she had to reposition inorder to see the ball I had her close both fists with palm down so I wouldn't try to follow some directional stepping!

Ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
Engine
Undecided
"I wonder if someone can 3D print a pivoting bracket for the Ford logo so it swings down when the tailgate is opened."

Ford can do this. They already did it with the pivoting tail light on the '49-'51 Country Squire wagons.
Sponsored