Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Came out to whom? And what is a COVP?
It is a memo sent to Ford Dealers from FMC, COVP is a program that the dealer enters your Drivers License number in to the system to verify you are you, and not a fake order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
93nighthawk

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford Chat acknowledges your order as clean but unscheduled, does that mean it was COVP approved?
No, I would check with your dealer to make sure you are COVP'd before 6/2

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A friend has 2 XL hybrids on order for his sons at Mullinax Apopka, same place I ordered mine from, and they quickly received confirmation that their COVP entry was verified/approved.

turbodog

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I ordered mine through a huge dealership (9/15). The salesman ordered his the same day. He had no idea about this... I had to inform him after seeing this thread. COVP submitted today (but not approved yet). I will keep on him till I get the approval.
@93nighthawk thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I ordered mine through a huge dealership (9/15). The salesman ordered his the same day. He had no idea about this... I had to inform him after seeing this thread. COVP submitted today (but not approved yet). I will keep on him till I get the approval.
@93nighthawk thanks.
Amazing.

grod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If your not sure, contact your salesperson. I was among those that was under the impression I was in full compliance. but wasn't. Just completed the COVP via email & text with my sales person. Now just waiting for the confirmation from Ford. I don't know if this will help get mine built but can't hurt and at this point, I'll try anything, fingers crossed.

Update...
Authorized in COVP, I hope everyone else was successful as well

Last edited:

pbrox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL Mav, 2005 Forester, 2007 R1200GS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Emailed my dealer to confirm that my ‘23 XL hybrid was indeed COVPed, and heard back that we are all good. And thus the waiting continues!

Pacobee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 Hybrid - in Production7/22/23...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good afternoon...first post here. I reached out to my dealer who says we are good to go. I believe that I have a 23 Hybrid XLT in Chili Pepper coming my way in August. My email gives me a start week of 7/24. When I log in, no date is showing but a VIN number is. My order went in last September like many. Hopefully it pops out and ships this summer.

Ordered it with the moonroof...
Planning to add a tonneau cover, spray in bedliner, and maybe a bed rack...if I can find a combo that will allow me to place my Thule Boxter on it. And the stars and stripes Maverick lettering for the tailgate.

Good luck to everyone waiting out their little piece of sunshine.

No Mav for Me

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received a build week and vin number last Thursday, when i check the tracking for my order number and vin it does not have a scheduled build week, how long does that take to populate?

I know off topic but I want to be sure I am covered if they cancel

Thank you

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received a build week and vin number last Thursday, when i check the tracking for my order number and vin it does not have a scheduled build week, how long does that take to populate?

I know off topic but I want to be sure I am covered if they cancel

Thank you
Normal behavior. It will be about a month before the tracker displays a date more consistently.

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is what it is, I’m tired of playing games with these guru’s. Gotta do this , gotta do that, jump over this and that. Ford sucks and the dealers know nothing. Ordered 12/23/21 still nothing. If I don’t have truck by the time 2024 Tacoma opens that’s what I’ll go with. Again I’ll say” have always been a ford man but will never order another

GRB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is what it is, I’m tired of playing games with these guru’s. Gotta do this , gotta do that, jump over this and that. Ford sucks and the dealers know nothing. Ordered 12/23/21 still nothing. If I don’t have truck by the time 2024 Tacoma opens that’s what I’ll go with. Again I’ll say” have always been a ford man but will never order another
I'm with you, they can keep their Maverick. Probably won't reorder a 2024. If I got to wait another year and a half it will be with another manufacturer. After reading this MTC site for awhile I'm seeing way too many problems popping up in the Maverick to suit me. Maybe a good thing to not get scheduled who knows!!!

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes me wonder the percentage of people still waiting that are not and never were COVP approved?

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just sent this from a dealer I have an order with that required a 100$ deposit….

Ford Maverick COVP NEEDED FOR ALL RETAIL ORDERS BY 6/2 1684872343392

pretty sure that’s not what I asked for.
Sponsored