Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the guy eating popcorn.
But there should be more horror on his face.
Watching Ford do this Maverick fiasco debacle is like watching a 5 car accident in slow motion.
And I think this is only about the 3rd car.
Seriously, why do we even have to know terms like DORA and COVP, just make the GD trucks.
We all know way way more than the salespeople and managers at the dealerships just to try to ensure we get this truck.
Whenever I have asked something I don't know of them, I first have to explain the 3 or 4 points the question is even based on.
Now I have to go in there and try to explain this to them. Jeez.
-Robert
Right and they won’t or don’t care enough to save the life or should I say reputation loyalty or good faith ,I have to tell them what I know,
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone who is unscheduled better be calling their dealer if you don't already have your COVP.

Curious as to exactly why ? End of year clean up, suspicious of multiple orders or dealer orders??
because the 24 order bank is around the corner and they are closing 2023.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And you believed that Ford wouldn't change their mind.

If I see the word "encouraged" from Ford I see "required".

I for one am glad I had my order COVP Approval done on 9/26/2022.

COVP cropped.jpg
So... What does "Below is your authorization number to be claimed in Smart VINCENT at time of delivery".?
Smart Vincent - does that lock in MSRP or the interest rate at that time? And only if you were COVPed? Or just verifies that is was COVPed?

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not true ford reguired the dealer to go through a proces that reguired so time for there approval this was not "REQUIRED"
I ordered only a little over a month ago and I am in Canada so the process might have been different here compared to how it was done during the window that was opened last in the US.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
price proection agreement
No, Customer Order Verification Program.

It validates an order was made by a specific real person, hence the need for drivers license information. It enables linking a private offer to a specific person and vehicle, but the offers are loaded into the Vincent system. But you are right that price protection would only be offered to orders made by real people, verified by the COVP process.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, Customer Order Verification Program.

It validates an order was made by a specific real person, hence the need for drivers license information. It enables linking a private offer to a specific person and vehicle, but the offers are loaded into the Vincent system.
oh ok thought it was price protection.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fallout from dropping non COVP orders is going to differentiate the good dealers from the bad dealers that take shortcuts or just don’t care to do things properly.

But the perpetual problem is Ford never does anything about the bad dealers, which continue to leave behind a trail of disappointment.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would suspect this is the easiest way to reduce the number of unscheduled orders by a large margin. And it is a way for Ford Corporate to toss their hands up and say "We didn't really do this to your customers, YOU did. Why did you not COVP them in September?"
I agree. It's kind of genius on Ford's part. Lots of the people who really don't want their orders anymore won't follow up with dealers and those orders will just go away. And it will give Ford the ability to say, "Hey, we ended up filling a high percentage of COVP'd orders on 23 Maverick."

However, as many others have said, there will definitely be a lot of disappointed people when they find out their orders were cancelled because they have clueless dealers. Hard to blame a consumer for assuming their local Ford dealer actually understands how to order, deliver and sell Ford vehicles...

:(

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh ok thought it was price protection.
Indirectly you are right in that price protection would only be honored on orders made by real people that have been verified by the COVP process.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just make sure you COVP
Indirectly you are right in that price protection would only be honored on orders made by real people that have been verified by the COVP process.
oh ok that makes sense

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, if you are already scheduled you are good to go. This is for those of us still hoping to get scheduled before the end of the model year.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has Ford ever said you can’t place multiple orders at multiple dealers? You can have multiple orders at different dealers AND have them all COVP. With the mysterious way that orders are picked to build and dealers not forthcoming on how many allocations and how many orders they have, the whole process is set up for customers to “game the system” in the hopes that they can get just one.
You can absolutely have multiple orders COVP'd and scheduled and built at different dealers. Don't ask me how I know. 😉

Reactions: GRB

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love the guy eating popcorn.
But there should be more horror on his face.
Watching Ford do this Maverick fiasco debacle is like watching a 5 car accident in slow motion.
And I think this is only about the 3rd car.
Seriously, why do we even have to know terms like DORA and COVP, just make the GD trucks.
We all know way way more than the salespeople and managers at the dealerships just to try to ensure we get this truck.
Whenever I have asked something I don't know of them, I first have to explain the 3 or 4 points the question is even based on.
Now I have to go in there and try to explain this to them. Jeez.
-Robert
Yes, buying a Maverick actually requires you to study the process and become more knowledgeable than the salespeople. It's like getting a college minor!
Sponsored