joestantoine

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said that since they wrote up my truck as an actual purchase, I don’t need the COVP?? But they did not take my drivers licenses that day?? What’s correct??
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Refer to the original post in the COVP needed for all orders by 6/2 thread and the replies from @93nighthawk @campngolf to your post in that thread.
You didn't need to start another thread to get the answer you don't seem to want to hear.
Ford Maverick COVP NOT NEEDED?? 1685014102249

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The clock is ticking toward June 2. Get that COVP or I am one Maverick closer to getting mine. ;)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"Gee, I read the Ford memo on this topic that was posted, but refused to believe that COVP was now being required. So I asked a bunch of internet strangers in a thread dedicated to the COVP topic, but still refused to believe that it was required. Now I'm gonna start a new thread, and ask the question again, so maybe I'll get the answer I want to hear..."

This will be the first person complaining that their order was cancelled by Ford... :rolleyes:

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go get a COVP from your dealer or you will probably NOT get to buy a Maverick this year.

Sponsored

Kim Poole

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dumb question but I'm a newbie to this forum. What is a COVP? We ordered our Maverick last September.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dumb question but I'm a newbie to this forum. What is a COVP? We ordered our Maverick last September.
Not a dumb question if you are new here that is what the forum is for. Customer Order Verification Program. It is how Ford verifies that it is a legit order from the dealer for a customer and not stock orders for the lot. It requires the dealership to make a copy of your driver's license when ordering.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And use the Search function to see discussions.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your order is on a one-way street to getting canceled if you don't get that COVP in.

Do not take no for an answer. Go to your dealer in person and sit down next to him at the computer and make sure he puts in your driver's license info into the system for the COVP if you have to.

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said that since they wrote up my truck as an actual purchase, I don’t need the COVP?? But they did not take my drivers licenses that day?? What’s correct??
I'm sure you'll be fine. Ignore that memo from Ford and the comments in both these threads. You trust you dealer, right.

OP
OP

joestantoine

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure you'll be fine. Ignore that memo from Ford and the comments in both these threads. You trust you dealer, right.
We’ll, they do try to brush stuff off because I tell them I hear it in this forum😳I did ask him again for the COVP and he sent it. But, he said it shouldn’t make a diff, but I told him it sounds real, and urgent.
Sponsored