Sponsored

Ford drops 2023 Maverick COVP name match policy threshold to 60% on retail orders!

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The COVP process has nothing to do with limiting how many vehicles one customer can order.
That is true today. What I was saying is it should. If your going to tie an order to a customer then the system should be able to check for previously placed orders.
Sponsored

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt
That is true today. What I was saying is it should. If your going to tie an order to a customer then the system should be able to check for previously placed orders.
And you don't think people should be able to place multiple orders?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There may be macroeconomic factors at play here. With interest rates rising and the economy in a technically defined recession, there could be concern amongst the dealers about a rise in the number of cancellations upon delivery due to the truck no longer being affordable by the target market. That would hurt their allocations if not for a little bit of grace on Ford's part. So, I think Ford monitoring is them saying they will be looking out for those abusing the system. Macroeconomic factors should impact everyone equally so there shouldn't be one dealer with 75% cancellations on one model compared to everyone else seeing just 25%, for example.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There may be macroeconomic factors at play here. With interest rates rising and the economy in a technically defined recession, there could be concern amongst the dealers about a rise in the number of cancellations upon delivery due to the truck no longer being affordable by the target market. That would hurt their allocations if not for a little bit of grace on Ford's part. So, I think Ford monitoring is them saying they will be looking out for those abusing the system. Macroeconomic factors should impact everyone equally so there shouldn't be one dealer with 75% cancellations on one model compared to everyone else seeing just 25%, for example.
Hope your right. I wonder how many when there mav comes in say no I don't want it. If this is just an excuse to allow dealers to rip off customers who ordered one then it will be the last ford I ever consider.

But makes me wonder is this happening to other makes like the new Chevy Colorado. One guy on facebook said he ordered a rav 4 hybrid and it took 7 weeks and he was complaining about the long wait.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, they could not. They do not have the ability to dictate this to dealers.
It used to be required. If you ordered a vehicle you were required to put a minimum value and sign a purchase order.
If ordered a vehicle on A plan and backed out you had a real good reason because it was grounds for discharge. And yes I know this is true. A coworker was wetting his pants over this. He was a heart beat away from being fired over it.
Sponsored