Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a six digit tracking number on the COVP form: See My Snapshot below.

However only if it shows: APPROVED are you COVP verified.

I would request that your dealer take a snapshot of it and send it to you like my dealer did.

COVP cropped.jpg
I followed up prior to the 31 October deadline and he confirmed it was G2G. I’m also scheduled so it’s less concerning
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well this should thin out the orders pretty quick 🙄
Exactly, so they can get a handle on how many real orders there are left to build. Hopefully find the people with orders at multiple dealers trying to game the system so they can shut them down.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is not going to end well for some folks IMO

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly, so they can get a handle on how many real orders there are left to build. Hopefully find the people with orders at multiple dealers trying to game the system so they can shut them down.
Yep, that just artificially inflates the order banks, delays or prevents some real orders from getting built and gives dealers more in addition to what their entitled to add ADM on IMO

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One thing I noticed in the official announcement from Ford is that they say any unscheduled orders without COVP will be assigned priority code 99 on June 2nd, and canceled on June 5th.

So it might be worth checking your order with Ford Chat on the 2nd or 3rd to see if your order is priority code 99. If it is, then something is wrong with the COVP paperwork on your order and you'll have a few days to hopefully get it resolved before it's canceled on the 5th.

Irving

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
On the bright side… we bitch about the allocation system and the possibility of stock orders (or fake retail) being built while real retail orders are without allocations. This should ease that situation. I should be one of them as I have an unscheduled XLT EB.

Ford has two big scheduling days left. Early June for August and early July for the final 6 weeks of the MY. This is their attempt to get orders filled.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clarification please. If I received the "order received" email from Ford the day after my order was placed does this mean there may NOT have been a COVP submitted?
absolutly that is correct,you did get a conformation e mail from ford but that does not mean it was C O V P aproved. your aproval # should read like this 1000809324 it should say C O V P aproved i have mine from my honest ford dearler!

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will follow up with my sales person tomorrow, but I remember a conversation we had while he was entering my order where he asked for some information (I believe my DL was part of it). He mentioned that Ford was requiring more information to prove the order was actually for a customer as some dealerships were putting in orders for non-existing customers to get vehicles onto the lots. I assume this was for the COVP?

Reactions: GRB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will follow up with my sales person tomorrow, but I remember a conversation we had while he was entering my order where he asked for some information (I believe my DL was part of it). He mentioned that Ford was requiring more information to prove the order was actually for a customer as some dealerships were putting in orders for non-existing customers to get vehicles onto the lots. I assume this was for the COVP?
Yes, that sounds like he was submitting your order to COVP (Customer Order Verification Program.)

If they ask to copy your driver’s license, that’s a good indicator…. Since otherwise they have no reason to do that.

But, of course … check!

Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
absolutly that is correct,you did get a conformation e mail from ford but that does not mean it was C O V P aproved. your aproval # should read like this 1000809324 it should say C O V P aproved i have mine from my honest ford dearler!
absolutely correct. That is what happened to my 22 order. The sales manager did not COVP my order. When I questioned him about it, after the deadline to submit it, he assured me it was done. BUT, when, I finally kept questioning it, he sent me a picture of a screenshot that showed my order, and the box that showed COVP was blank… ordered my 23 from a different dealer and when I questioned them they said did not need it… but I pushed for it back in Oct 2022 and they did it. As of right now it is scheduled for the week of July 10th and I have a VIN… fingers crossed.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. If you have a scheduled week or day, and have a VIN Number, this is not impacting you.

Now......if you keep getting your production week bumped forward....you could get canceled at the end of the production year. But that is about a .0000001% chance at this point. Only mentioning it since it did happen to some folks last year. They had a VIN and a production week that got canceled. Almost happened to me for my 2022. By the time I got built, I had been bumped a total of about 5 weeks later than my initial production week was supposed to be. Ended up being a couple days before the end of 2022 production.
Mine MY23 just got built last week. FYI I was never bumped once. It shipped next day after production. My original order was a MY 22 Oct 9 2021. I’m being screwed out of my $2750 private offer most likely because my original dealer didn’t do COVP. They copied my liscense and told me they had to do it day 1 but something happened. I’ll probably never know what. $2750 is a significant loss.

• Wow
Reactions: GRB

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IF YOUR DEALER DID NOT MAKE A COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE......and you are not scheduled you have work to do!

Print a copy of the Ford bulletin about COVP and go to your Dealer. Confront your sales person to verify status. If that isn't going well, ask to speak to the manager. This is easy for them to fix ( yes, should have been done when order was placed because they know how hard Mavericks are to get).
This is a clean up process for Ford to help fill "real" orders left in the order bank. Some will get screwed....but don't call out Ford for it. It was made clear that COVP should be done at order placement. Like someone wrote earlier, when Ford suggests something you damn well better go ahead and do it if you want a seamless process.

Some will complain and have reason to complain. But I think Ford has made a strong effort to fill more Maverick orders this year. It is not easy to increase production like it seems they are doing for the rest of the model year!

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I ordered in September 2022 the sales manager said he had to enter my order twice and the second time asked for my license so he knew what he was doing. Only fair because I was the one that told him when the order window was opening which I learned here. I would say they are a good dealer because they charged me MSRP, did not make me take any extras, and the timeline was just about what I expected.

I'm not sure this new procedure will eliminate purchasers of multiple vehicles. As long as they are qualified to buy they should stay in the system. I don't think Ford wants to get into trying to limit buyers to one vehicle or if that would even be legal.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has Ford ever said you can’t place multiple orders at multiple dealers? You can have multiple orders at different dealers AND have them all COVP. With the mysterious way that orders are picked to build and dealers not forthcoming on how many allocations and how many orders they have, the whole process is set up for customers to “game the system” in the hopes that they can get just one.
Sponsored

Last edited: