paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe, but wow... gonna be a lot of people whose dealers just don't contact them to get this done, they're not hanging out on MTC to catch it.... I see ugly ahead.
The ones I cringe at most are the posts we will see from new members that will read something like this.

"Hi, new to the forum. I ordered on September 18th 2022 and have not heard anything since. It is now August 26th 2023 and I am wondering if I should be worried?"

Meanwhile their dealer never did COVP in September 2022, did not contact them in May of 2023 to COVP (now), and did not fess up when the order got canceled in June 2023.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clarification please. If I received the "order received" email from Ford the day after my order was placed does this mean there may NOT have been a COVP submitted?
Order confirmed email has nothing to do with being COVP approved (or COVP submitted).

Check in with your dealer.....

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Clarification please. If I received the "order received" email from Ford the day after my order was placed does this mean there may NOT have been a COVP submitted?
You can have email and still not have your dealer completed the covp. Covp is an additional process, after the order was entered. If in doubt, make a call.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, Ford originally told all of these dealers that it was encouraged but not necessary, but now it is necessary and they're leaving it up to the dealers to follow up with customers and get the info? I imagine there is going to be a lot of angry people not getting their Mavericks.
And you believed that Ford wouldn't change their mind.

If I see the word "encouraged" from Ford I see "required".

I for one am glad I had my order COVP Approval done on 9/26/2022.

Ford Maverick COVP NEEDED FOR ALL RETAIL ORDERS BY 6/2 COVP cropped

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course, that's assuming the dealer is paying attention, even knows about this. All kinds of posts here about people asking dealers about such things and getting, "huh?"
Yep. Some dealers are like "I don't have COPD!"

Ford Maverick COVP NEEDED FOR ALL RETAIL ORDERS BY 6/2 P9ZV7H

Sponsored

XLTMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla (2)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This shouldn't affect orders with an estimated production date, correct?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This shouldn't affect orders with an estimated production date, correct?
Correct. If you have a scheduled week or day, and have a VIN Number, this is not impacting you.

Now......if you keep getting your production week bumped forward....you could get canceled at the end of the production year. But that is about a .0000001% chance at this point. Only mentioning it since it did happen to some folks last year. They had a VIN and a production week that got canceled. Almost happened to me for my 2022. By the time I got built, I had been bumped a total of about 5 weeks later than my initial production week was supposed to be. Ended up being a couple days before the end of 2022 production.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What i don’t understand is why wouldn’t a dealer COVP from the beginning? Just laziness?

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What i don’t understand is why wouldn’t a dealer COVP from the beginning? Just laziness?
No clue. Unless it requires signed orders which commits them to pricing up front? We've seen a few cases of prices being bumped up when people go in to pick up.

Reactions: GRB

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Laziness, incompetence, ignorance, malice. Take your pick.

Sponsored

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Order confirmed email has nothing to do with being COVP approved (or COVP submitted).

Check in with your dealer.....
So I had a bunch of back and forth with my salesman about the COVP piece here. He gave me a 6 digit “tracking number” that allegedly was the order number for the COVP. Unsure whether it was true or not but both the GM and sales manager assured me it was the case

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I had a bunch of back and forth with my salesman about the COVP piece here. He gave me a 6 digit “tracking number” that allegedly was the order number for the COVP. Unsure whether it was true or not but both the GM and sales manager assured me it was the case
There is a six digit tracking number on the COVP form: See My Snapshot below.

However only if it shows: APPROVED are you COVP verified.

I would request that your dealer take a snapshot of it and send it to you like my dealer did.

Ford Maverick COVP NEEDED FOR ALL RETAIL ORDERS BY 6/2 COVP cropped