Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because of health issues with my wife, had to give up our travel trailer, so the Dodge Ram 1500 became expendable ( poor gas mileage & to big for our needs). Still need a truck, something with good gas mileage and easy to get in and out, so the Maverick hybrid looks like a good match for our needs.
July 30, ordered a Rapid Red First Edition Lariat Hybrid with 360
Sponsored

Last edited:

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before Maverick, I looked at a Ranger. And bought one. A 2019. Ultimately found it to be too big, too "trucky." MPG was...well...meh. At my age, with a bad back, hard to get in and out of. Sold it in July, just after ordering the Maverick. Given the crazy car market with the chip shortage, sold it for almost what I paid for it in 2019. Didn't consider anything but a Maverick as a replacement. It was from Ford (which builds great trucks); a hybrid; sharp looking; and very affordable even at the higher trim levels.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Full size two door Bronco. Then I seen the hybrid Maverick and knew that's what I wanted. 4 changes to my order and now I have a XLT EcoBoost all-wheel drive 4K towing lux package with co pilot 360 in velocity blue. Was thinking I'll be sad without the gas mileage of this hybrid until I seen the gas mileage reveals for the two door Bronco šŸ˜³ now I'm okay with the gas mileage of the EcoBoost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in 2019 I bought my current truck, Ranger XLT, 4X4, Locking Rear, and Black Out Package for 28K. Sticker was 36K There was a Ford rebate, and I am under D plan. Now it is worth 33K and I am getting the Maverick since I dont haul as much and would like the better fuel mileage. Really I dont need anything so this works out for me where I can lower my payment substantially and have more nice comforts inside. So I would either stay with the Ranger or get this Maverick.
Thatā€™s amazing. Love how people who bought any vehicle in the last 2-3 years are probably making a profit if they sell now. Me being a ā€œdrive em till they dieā€ isnt looking so hot in this market. But I did enjoy my 5 years of no car payment.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Full size two door Bronco. Then I seen the hybrid Maverick and knew that's what I wanted. 4 changes to my order and now I have a XLT EcoBoost all-wheel drive 4K towing lux package with co pilot 360 in velocity blue. Was thinking I'll be sad without the gas mileage of this hybrid until I seen the gas mileage reveals for the two door Bronco šŸ˜³ now I'm okay with the gas mileage of the EcoBoost.
Very nice. The Broncos are pretty bad ass. But then youā€™d either be waiting on your Bronco or youā€™d be waiting for your new hardtop while driving it with a terrible clicking noise.

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing--already had one too many

We kept our 2012 F150 because we liked having a truck.

Maverick had such good timing.
Just like the mach e rollout...We were about to pull the trigger on a new Tesla Model Y for my wife, when the mach e rez system came out, & we chose a mach e. Tons of value, features, performance, tax credit.

Our 2018 fusion hybrid gets my 45k miles/yr for my work (I prefer car-handling vs. our 2012 F150).

And truth is, we missed our fuel-sipping 1995 Ranger s/c 5-spd manual (sold it in 2008). The hybrid Maverick Lariat fit the bill for us to go from three vehicles down to two. The fuel economy of my car, and with the bed we can't be without.

Our Maverick Lariat hybrid build date is this week! We sold the 2012 F150 last month. Maverick is such a winner--puts us back into two vehicles vs three, I'm driving a car-like truck again, and so many tech and safety features, like the lane-keeping system.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife, who never went camping until her thirties, loves camping (Yep- I found that one)! Our KƤmp KƤr is a Jetta Sportwagen (2009) with a Yakima top basket and it fits our gear and our dogs perfectly- 27mpgā€¦but it is worn. Looked at wagons (you are kidding right Audi?), nope. Resigned myself to an SUVā€¦which is something I am opposed to in every way (because I love sta-wags). Only one that fit the bill for price, space, roof racks and gas mileage was the EscapĆ© (accent added for fanciness).
Right as I was about to resign myself to something I didnā€™t want but likely would need shortly (our time frame is by 2023)ā€¦BAM! Ford brought back the first sensible truck I have seen since the early 90s. Done. The company is in part guilty of killing off everything else good in American automobiles (I also like hatchbacks) with their behemoth trucks and SUVs, but at least they remembered we who are not interested in those are still here, not compensating and trying to be practical. NGL- the lack of choices for me on the market makes me a bit grumpy, but this truck is perfect so I am happy for now.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing as I was happy with my 2015 Honda Fit Ex.

But I did miss my 1998 Ford Ranger Super Cab that I had up till 2014.

The announcement in June caught my eye and after about two months of research I felt the 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid was to be my new vehicle.

With the Maverick I again will have a truck and the hybrid will be even better for gas mileage than my Fit as I mostly do city driving. All the new tech is also a plus.
More FIT folks! When my Focus was totaled I knew a FIT was the only the thing to replace it- got it the next day. Love this car- wish I could buy another one.

Sponsored

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Started out looking at the Ridgeline and Tacoma. Ranger turned out to be the best of the class for us. Thatā€™s when my youngest said heā€™d want a truck. Might have bought a Ranger if they ever had one in stock. Thatā€™s when I saw info on the Maverick and thought it fit our needs even more.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I was starting to look pretty hard at BMW X5s when I first heard about the Mav.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Before I saw a random YouTube video of the Maverick on June 10th, only 2 days after the official reveal, I was going to get an suv when my current car died. I was looking at a Audi Q5 or Kia Telluride.

Then this little truck came to me as if Ford saw me at Home Depot loading bags mulch into my cars trunk(it would only take me 3 trips to get the 12 bags I usually need) and made a truck for me. Glad the timing worked out and I will now save well over $20k and get a truck!

Long story short. What were you originally planning on buying before the Mav was presented to you on a silver platter?
Honestly, I was dissatisfied with literally everything on the market. I need something that can tow light loads, hybrid w/ good emission rating and mpg, and is not big and bulky.

I have a Mini Cooper Countryman S right now, which is super fun to drive, , but itā€™s size is not always practical. I looked at a RAV Hybrid. Itā€™s cool, but it feels vanilla and soccer momish. (No offense to soccer mom; Iā€™m just not one.) Not to mention, it was close to $40k for what I wanted.

the Mini Cooper hybrid is a joke - period.

I was hoping to see a hybrid Kona in the US, but it hasnā€™t made it over yet. Trouble there is itā€™s too dang small.

Thatā€™s where I was at prior to the Mav. The Mav checks all the boxes - style, functionality, size, price, light towing capability.

ā€¦. And that, my friends, is why Iā€™m in this for the long haul.

vlognosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 300zx
I was considering a new Prius or a Corolla hatchback. I wanted something that would easily get over 30 mpg, and had a hatchback for cargo. However, a hatchback can only hold items so big. When I saw a hybrid truck would be available, I was sold. Not only will I be able to fit oversized items in the back, but hopefully...

Hopefully...

People will stop tailgating me, trying to run me off the road, and coal roll me, once I'm in an American pickup truck (instead of my old Prius)...

Which I sold already...

Even though my maverick doesn't come in until December...

Last edited:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at keeping my 2017 AWD V6 Chevy Equinox and getting new tires. The fact that a new truck brought me out of the GM camp and made me spend my money is impressive.
Sponsored