Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Was looking at the new Hyundai Tuscon. Then the dealer jacked up the price 7k on the lot and I said screw that before I even test drove it. The Maverick preorders began a few days later and I took a couple days to decide.

Was also looking at my dream car (Lotus Elise) but it doubled in value the last few years.
Sponsored

Steve CAK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing! Completely satisfied with our Subaru Outback. Owned 3 of the old Rangers that my kids drove when they were at home. Been waiting for someone to build an efficient small truck. My wife is keeping the Outback.

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I was looking at the VW Jetta and the VW Tiguan. We wanted something relatively compact for a commuter that could seat at least 5 and we'd eventually give it to our teenage daughter. The Jetta made sense, the Tiguan made more sense, now the Maverick makes most sense.

Bushmaster2000

First Name
Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Trucks i had taken a serious look at were Jeep Gladiator, the Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco and then finally landed on the Ford Maverick.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma šŸŒ®
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New Tacoma, used XC90, used Ridgeline, and have a 2-door Bronco on order that will arrive ?. Just went back to the Tacoma since the hybrid Mav will likely take a while and we now need a truck. šŸ˜” Ah, well. Itā€™ll be here next week, hopefully.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at a Ranger, salesman asked if Iā€™d heard of a Maverick. Told him no, and checked it out that night, then placed my order the next day.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't looking (gave up years ago) at anything because I thought nobody build a small 4 door truck with around 40mpg under 20K. When I heard just last month one existed, I put my money down and now wait for months to get it. I've waited a long time so a few months is nothing.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at used F-150s. $20K+ for one with $70K miles, generally, and 5 years old. Some were even more pricey and with more miles. Made it really hard to justify.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a day 2 Bronco reservation , a year of waiting for real info/updates and such we just kind of gave up with all the delays and odd trim package requirements- Looks like a great weekend rig but I would not want to daily drive one after seeing it in person- The giant rear mount spare tire would drive me crazy-etc. Maverick checks most of the boxes- 8.6 clearance with the FX4/AT tires, AWD- Tow package- Having a small bed for things such as extra gas cans, outdoor gear, whatever- Replacing a V6 highlander which is a highway cruiser but its just so boring without a soul- Probably keeping the 5/Speed/Awd Honda Element since its still just such a neat rig with removable seats and tons of space, only has 220k easy miles :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would have probably been looking at buying a used 2010-2015 tacoma, but honestly for the price and the custom order, accidentally drooling over an electric f150 landed me in a pretty nice place with the mav. Although I got the 2.0 instead. The only limitation is that when ever I buy a boat I just have to keep the trailered weight in the 3k range. Otherwise it's everything I could want.

That said, Ford is lucky Toyota can't/doesn't import Toyota Hiluxes to the US. After the ones I've seen in thailand and japan, I'm jealous.
Ford Maverick Before Maverick, what were you looking at? 1631568773186

Has a very Ridgeline look to it.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasnā€™t looking at anything. I was perfectly happy with my 2012 F150 4x4 XL and then it happened. I stumbled across an article about the Maverick and Bam , I hooked on the low cost and features.
Now Iā€™m on the hook for two of them. That can be blamed on the dealer. They failed to update a change request to my 6/15 order and now my wife is taking the first one and Iā€™ve reordered the same truck with the 4K package added.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was the target audience younger people? I feel like this truck is Ford's answer to all the people they just can't convince to pony up 50+ grand for a full loaded F-150. That group probably does have more young than old in it, but probably just because old people generally have more money than young ones.
I believe Ford made this with only young people in mind. Every image/interview they are showing young people and saying ā€œkids.ā€ But like everything in the world just because itā€™s made for one demographic doesnā€™t mean the others wonā€™t find the perks useful to them as well.

I hope this is just young and ā€œoldā€ people. Stay away from the Mav ā€œmessy middleā€ folks! Hahaha.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't even looking. I had a GMC Acadia Denali with Tow Package that was doing fine pulling my fishing boat. Then I saw Maverick. I've already sold the GMC and hope to receive the truck before Thanksgiving as my build date is next week 9/20.