First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always had sunroofs. Won’t purchase a vehicle without one. Tilt and slide only, can use them nearly all year round in Pittsburgh, except for those really cold, snowy days.
Sponsored

Froggman

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 1500
I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid with a sunroof in August. Figured it would be nice for the hot weather in Florida. By the way, I’m still waiting for a build date! Not sure if the sunroof has anything to do with the delay in building it.

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worth it? Only you can answer that.

I don't have one on my Maverick, and I like the clean uninterrupted interior roof look without it. Having the rear sliding window, I didn't think I need a sunroof for ventilation

I had moonroofs on all my previous cars except for the convertible :p, I didn't use them very often, one leaked and eventually the convertible will leak as the seals wear out. There's the background :)

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO that is the type of option that only you have the answer to. Personal preference. I had them for years now not important. Although one of my cars is a convertible but kinda done with that too.
Total agreement here....I'm squarely in the no sun/moon roof camp - but my wife likes them. Could have something to do with the only car I've had with one was in high school and is how somebody broke into it. Same with sliding rear window - rather do without them. If I want the wind blowing in my face I'll take the motorcycle. :rolleyes:

Goose839

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must have a sunroof after having my first one decades ago. Never had a leak and use it damn near year round in PA.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personal preference for everyone.

I ordered it and the rear slider. I prefer as much air flow as possible. I also enjoy getting light into the cabin on a dreary Ohio day in the winter. I feel like the presence of the sunroof and rear slider help "class up" the XL as much as one possibly can.

Not sure there is a wrong answer but for me it was just one of those options that hit a sweet spot. I'm really hoping at the $23,575 price point all of the options that I went for end up making the Maverick punch well above it's weight in terms of quality, comfort, and convenience.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered one. Planning to mostly use it when I'm offroad in the summer when I'm camping in the Cascades.

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sunroofs are the way. After like 5 years make sure the drains are unclogged, though, or you'll end up with a soaking wet floor (in most cars).

They are also great for stashing your vape pen if you see a jake. Just pop it in the lip and close the cover. Keep your insurance card up there in the visor to explain your need to reach up there. :cool:

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
First Edition package comes with a moonroof, at least mine does.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you trade in a vehicle and it has a sunroof there is a significant add to the book value on most vehicles. Some luxury vehicles without a sunroof can also take a large hit for not having a roof. The reason I am saying this is the roof may get you $150-$250 extra on trade in value. That kinda makes it cheaper and easier to justify. I have a sunroof on my Maverick. I like it and am happy to pay for it. It makes the XL look a lot less cheap as well IMHO.

Nobody but you can tell you if a sunroof is worth it.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Texas and for me it is a complete waste. Very glad Ford made it an option so that I didn't have to pay for something I absolutely do not want.

My previous vehicle was a 2015 Honda Fit Ex that had a sunroof. I never used it over the 7 years I owned the Fit. What also galled me was that the Canadian version had no sunroof but an Auto Climate Control.

Before the Fit I had a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab and no sunroof. Never needed it then either.

The only car I owned with a sunroof that I used on was a 1987 Mazda 626. I owned for 11 years.

When I was younger I did use it a few times in the spring when temps were mild. However when I got pooped :poop: on by a bird as I was traveling at 45 MPH with the sunroof open it lost any appeal to me.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Panoramic is way worth it for me, but the non-panoramic ones look dinky to me. I didn't order mine with one, wish it came with a panoramic option.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have sunroofs in our current cars. rarely use them. I am glad that I did not have to pay for one with my Maverick.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid with a sunroof in August. Figured it would be nice for the hot weather in Florida. By the way, I’m still waiting for a build date! Not sure if the sunroof has anything to do with the delay in building it.
I recall a rumor-y discussion of moof roofs being low availability but if I recall in reality, there have not been any low availability notes (official Ford information to dealers) about it so it shouldn’t be a factor for delay.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered with along with manual rear sliding window, as cracking the roof and opening the back window allows for great air flow during nice days.
Sponsored