BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It just prevented me from rear ending somebody. I know this technology has been out for a while but this is my first vehicle that has any feature like this.
Stop and go traffic and car in front of me jammed on his brakes. It went BEEPBEEPBEEP. As soon as I heard that I jammed on the brakes so idk whether it was me or the system that stopped the vehicle. It doesn't matter. So yes it was worth it and I'm so glad I went with it.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saved my butt 100 miles after leaving the dealership. Car ahead in a beside lane panic stopped beside my lane and the car beside me decided to switch to my lane instead of rear ending another car in his lane, swung into my lane 20' in front of me and hits his brakes hard.....CP360 hit the brakes far quicker than I could, ABS brakes stopped me in a non panic stop...and displayed a message letting me know it had applied the brakes....

Definitely well worth the money. First car with rear mirror side alerts and motion sensing when in reverse have saved me from several pedestrians at service stations...would never buy another car/truck without those safety features.

CP360 Lane Assist is taking time to get used to auto steering....but most anything can be turned off.

Last edited:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
This topic has been already been discussed at some length on this forum. Some members prefer to control their own destiny with eagle eye vision and cat-like reflexes.

I favor any technology that will make my ride safer.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Mrs. is big on safety because we agree that kids need protection and distracted driving keeps rising. I've got an 18' Edge with a 360 equivalent. My work vehicle is a Transit Connect 250 with the 360 and my XLY hybrid's lone constrained commodity is the 360 (am I'm not dropping it from my order under any conditions).

The BLIS is the most important feature because it's alerted me to other traffic multiple times per day. The lane keeping alert has helped me in the past. The aid and driver alert do not know what's ahead although the cross sensors do remind me of whats approaching the front and ear of my vehicle.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is your life worth $600.00? I think it is a great safety option. Move into the left lane while not paying attention. Bang. Move into the left lane with the 360 and see an orange vehicle on your mirror. You don’t move into the left lane. The car just passes right by. You avoided an accident.

Start to back up in the parking lot. Your truck beeps rapidly. You stop. A car quickly passes by you. You avoided an accident.

Need to adjust your mirrors. The 360 gives you this feature. Drive on the freeway and have your display showing lanes. It turns orange, then red. You are in the wrong lane. Another accident avoided.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane keeping assist is not to be confused with lane centering. I have lane keeping assist on my 2018 Honda CRV and I find it an irritant and turn it off, since it nags whenever you change lanes. Moreover, I find that it sometimes applies the breaks whenever changing lanes without using the turn signal first, so even more irritating when it does that. Also, it is redundant with the rumble strips now found on many highways that warn you when you drift out of lane. However, the drowsy and impaired driving warning feature would be useful when driving for long distances.
If you get the Blind Spot Warning System, you would lose the spotter insert mirror on the XLT and Lariat. This mirror essentially extends the field of view to the sides like BLIS, but without the electronics. The rear cross traffic alert is useful, but it can be partially duplicated by the rear view camera if you zoom the view out to get a wider view to the rear.
For these reasons, I am going to drop the Co-pilot 360 package from my build, as recommended by Ford today if I want to get my 2022 Maverick before they have to start building the 2023‘s. I will not have occasion to need the drowsy driver warning system since I intend the Maverick to be my City vehicle and keep the Honda for highways.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the 360 it works well for me I have not had anything close to that kind of tech before. I like it.

I was trying to get use to lane centering so I was experimenting, taking my hand off (but very close) to the wheel. With some quirkiness it worked fine.. S o I attempted a nice sweeping curve that happened to be on the state line. Going into the curve everything was perfect Iit was following the curve perfectly until I hit the exact state line. The other state was chipsealing the road and did not have any stripes laid down yet. Lane centering immediately shut off and forgot there was a curve there. But my hands were millimeters away and there was zero traffic so everything turned out fine.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane keeping assist is not to be confused with lane centering. I have lane keeping assist on my 2018 Honda CRV and I find it an irritant and turn it off, since it nags whenever you change lanes. Moreover, I find that it sometimes applies the breaks whenever changing lanes without using the turn signal first, so even more irritating when it does that. Also, it is redundant with the rumble strips now found on many highways that warn you when you drift out of lane. However, the drowsy and impaired driving warning feature would be useful when driving for long distances.
If you get the Blind Spot Warning System, you would lose the spotter insert mirror on the XLT and Lariat. This mirror essentially extends the field of view to the sides like BLIS, but without the electronics. The rear cross traffic alert is useful, but it can be partially duplicated by the rear view camera if you zoom the view out to get a wider view to the rear.
For these reasons, I am going to drop the Co-pilot 360 package from my build, as recommended by Ford today if I want to get my 2022 Maverick before they have to start building the 2023‘s. I will not have occasion to need the drowsy driver warning system since I intend the Maverick to be my City vehicle and keep the Honda for highways.
If you have your blinker on it should not nag you.....if no blinker is on, it is supposed to nag.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Folks please pay attention to the road so your car doesnt have to. Here is a good rule of thumb, if you are standing and not moving you do not need to pay attention to whats ahead.

You can safely operate your body a 0/10th attention.
Walking or riding a bike you should be somewhere between 2/10ths and 3/10ths of your attention.
If you are operating anything like a horse, ebike, or scooter you should probably pay 4 or 5/10th of your available attention span given the dangerous nature of the power you are wielding.
That brings us to cars I feel that distracted driving is people resting right at 6/10ths just a little over half their brain capacity.
That is not enough considering you are driving a several ton metal object with the ability to kill before your even see what you killed.
7/10ths attention is scanning your mirrors watching the vehicles ahead of the ones in front of or directly behind you. But still thinking about your shopping list or your work or what have you.
8/10ths is what commercial drivers have to do to not cause millions of dollars in damage or kill dozens of people at once.
9/10ths of your available brain power is what amateur race car drivers and driving enthusiasts do when they are really getting it. They are in the zone and focused.
10/10ths is what F1, Indy, Nascar, GT, MOTO, and the like are doing. They are laser focused, they spend their time not driving thinking about how to focus their driving attention more. They see it all and are thinking at breakneck speeds everything that is about to happen and could happen and are prepared for it mentally running their brain through ways to react.

These levels are like earthquake magnitudes, each level is many times greater levels of paying attention to what they are doing.

You dont have to drive like a race car driver or even a professional driver. But please for your own sake and that of everyone else on the road. Pay attention, keep your eyes on the road and off screens, watch the vehicles dont just follow them. Predict when that light way up ther will change based on the amount of cars still going through it per traffic density. It will save your life, you money, and last but not least the lives of others. If you are relying on the sensors to drive, maybe you should think about limiting your driving and using more alternative transportation public, commercial, or ride share.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I really believe the co-pilot 360 is worth its weight in gold if it just saves one life. Just one example I witnessed myself a girls Gone Wild bus and girls we're at a bar in Tennessee Two Guys looking left at the bus and the girls crossed over a double yellow line hit 3 elderly people on the way home head on and killed all three of the elderly people so yes I say 100% without no doubt if those two young man would have had the co-pilot 360 in their vehicle they would have never crossed over that double yellow line and three lives would have been saved and believe me I can state a lot more incidents and accidents that people either drifted right or left and lives were lost ☠⚀⚀☠

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Folks please pay attention to the road so your car doesnt have to. Here is a good rule of thumb, if you are standing and not moving you do not need to pay attention to whats ahead.

You can safely operate your body a 0/10th attention.
Walking or riding a bike you should be somewhere between 2/10ths and 3/10ths of your attention.
If you are operating anything like a horse, ebike, or scooter you should probably pay 4 or 5/10th of your available attention span given the dangerous nature of the power you are wielding.
That brings us to cars I feel that distracted driving is people resting right at 6/10ths just a little over half their brain capacity.
That is not enough considering you are driving a several ton metal object with the ability to kill before your even see what you killed.
7/10ths attention is scanning your mirrors watching the vehicles ahead of the ones in front of or directly behind you. But still thinking about your shopping list or your work or what have you.
8/10ths is what commercial drivers have to do to not cause millions of dollars in damage or kill dozens of people at once.
9/10ths of your available brain power is what amateur race car drivers and driving enthusiasts do when they are really getting it. They are in the zone and focused.
10/10ths is what F1, Indy, Nascar, GT, MOTO, and the like are doing. They are laser focused, they spend their time not driving thinking about how to focus their driving attention more. They see it all and are thinking at breakneck speeds everything that is about to happen and could happen and are prepared for it mentally running their brain through ways to react.

These levels are like earthquake magnitudes, each level is many times greater levels of paying attention to what they are doing.

You dont have to drive like a race car driver or even a professional driver. But please for your own sake and that of everyone else on the road. Pay attention, keep your eyes on the road and off screens, watch the vehicles dont just follow them. Predict when that light way up ther will change based on the amount of cars still going through it per traffic density. It will save your life, you money, and last but not least the lives of others. If you are relying on the sensors to drive, maybe you should think about limiting your driving and using more alternative transportation public, commercial, or ride share.
Amen, brother!
Sponsored