First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Loving my Lariat hybrid with Lux and CoPilot 360. But coming from coming from a 2015 Equinox, so it's a nice upgrade.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
When we began to order our Mav, we selected all of the features my wife and I both wanted and decided that it made more sense to buy the Lariat. We have only had it for a month but we are both loving it. My wife drives a very nice Highlander, but she
GG and BO MAVERICK.jpg
e really enjoys driving her "Little truck". Our F-150 was nice, but it barely fit in our garage. The B&O system is very good and certainly adequate for the size of the vehicle. We bought the Lux package, the Co Pilot 360, and even the special Alto Blue color. It is FWD with the 2.0 EcoBoost. We do business with an excellent dealership here in Alabama. They add NO extra charges. Our Maverick stickered at just north of 33K and that is what we paid. They gave us a generous allowance for our 2020 F-150. We are a very happy senior couple. Loving life and each other, and being thankful to God every day for our happiness and contentment. Wishing that for all of my Blue Oval Brethren.
Congrats, Dan! So glad you and your wife are enjoying your Maverick!

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I have a Maverick Lariat Lux 4k fx4 CP360 Alto Blue. I love all the extra features. I also have owned a 2007 Mazda MX 5 Touring. I have had the MX since 2014 and enjoy the heck out of it. So, I have an old school manual car and a fancy little PU and I love them both. Plus getting 30 plus miles (on both) per smile.
Hi Thanks for getting back to me.I would like a stick in the MX5 too and I really like my Maverick too! A great little truck!

Maverick not Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to get the lariat with lux. Stepped out of a $$$ lariat 150 and hard to walk away without some options! Only had it a week but liking it(y)

Sponsored

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Thanks for getting back to me.I would like a stick in the MX5 too and I really like my Maverick too! A great little truck!
The most fun I had in the Miata was the 25th and 30th Miata reunions. They were both at Laguna Seca racetrack by Monterey CA. Drove down from WA along Highway 101 and got to take a Parade lap on the track both times. I have also made a trip to Las Vegas where someone cut the top and stole a bunch of stuff on my last night there. It was supposed to be a secure parking area. I also belong to a Miata club and lots of fun on some drives. I look forward to some local Maverick owners in the PNW to have a meet up some where.

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The most fun I had in the Miata was the 25th and 30th Miata reunions. They were both at Laguna Seca racetrack by Monterey CA. Drove down from WA along Highway 101 and got to take a Parade lap on the track both times. I have also made a trip to Las Vegas where someone cut the top and stole a bunch of stuff on my last night there. It was supposed to be a secure parking area. I also belong to a Miata club and lots of fun on some drives. I look forward to some local Maverick owners in the PNW to have a meet up some where.
That's sounds really cool! I had a 2006 MX5 for a few years.It was a great car,lots of fun driving. I am thinking about getting another MX5 now that I am retired maybe a 2016 or newer.I really enjoy driving my Maverick. I usually have someone ask me about the gas mileage which is about is 26 around town and the highway. I have always been a car guy and I go to the local car shows here in Pa.,always a nice time talking to people about their vehicle.

Catster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion hybrid, Dodge GC, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know the Maverick can do stop-and-go with ACC, but yours does this smoothly? Mine is basically unusable for this purpose. Way, way too jerky with braking.
I agree on the jerky part of stop and go. If your closing speed into the car in front of you is more than 35 mph, the Mav waits too late and brakes too hard - best to help it stop? Less than this speed difference and the ACC performance is ok.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a '22 Lariat Lux Hybrid and it is worth every penny. I got it slightly below MSRP (X-Plan).

During my year-plus wait, I looked at lots of other options: a ranger (MPG much worse, cabin no larger), accord hybrid (nice but much less cargo capacity, more expensive for all the tech I wanted), the Santa Cruz (ugly, bad mpg, more expensive). There was just nothing that came close to the value proposition of the Lariat Lux hybrid.

What I love:
  • Cargo: has plenty of room and it is covered with a tonneau. I also have a hitch cargo carrier and roof rack with box - it can hold SO MUCH STUFF with those add-ons. Hitch carrier doesn't impact mpg, roof rack loaded reduces a few mpg, but it's still awesome.
  • "Luxury features" - the fake leather, leather steering wheel, heated seats and wheel, B&O audio, etc. None of those are amazing, but they are all plenty good and every person I've had in it compliments it all.
  • MPG - awesome. I get between 38 - 45/tank so far. 500+mpg per tank.
  • Driving assistants - part of what I really wanted was adaptive cruise, lane hold, and brake hold. They are all fantastic and I use all the dang time. Bumper to bumper traffic? No problem, engage adaptive cruise and it literally does it all for me. Long boring highway drive? It does 80% of the work, I just keep an eye on it (and the road!). I also added traffic sign recognition via Forscan and it is super-convenient. I have been surprised how much I appreciate that feature.
I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop there. Very, very happy.
Like to hear more about Forscan and traffic sign recognition…

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi I see you also owned a 2018 Mazda MX5.I also have been looking at MX5 for my summer car.Can you tell me how you liked the MX5.Thanks
We loved it. As a summer car, I'd highly recommend it. You can't have more fun for that amount of money anywhere else.

As a daily driver.. some people can make that work but that is not ideal.

Sponsored

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We loved it. As a summer car, I'd highly recommend it. You can't have more fun for that amount of money anywhere else.

As a daily driver.. some people can make that work but that is not ideal.
Hi, Thanks for letting me know.I thinking about getting a 2016 or newer.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
exactly, I'm enjoying the views much more now!
Plus a bit less terrifying when I get distracted by the phone, then drift and instantly yelled at by Co-pilot. With ACC this doesn't happen -)
Sponsored