Anyone buying extended warranty?

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Can anyone tell me why, if I buy an warranty towards the end of factory (which for me will be in 2 years) the effective active date is the day I bought my Mav instead of when I buy the policy? Nothing else in the world 🌎 works like that, that I know! WHY oh WHY? BTW, I'll be getting my truck any day now! Wish I knew exactly as I would love to see her roll off the truck!!
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mileage and period begin on the vehicle purchase date and mileage in order to be consistent. Vehicle extended warranties are often built on the vehicle's inherent warranty and often work that way. ESP essentially extends the truck's inherent warranty.

Why would your original warranty end in 2 years when you haven't taken delivery yet? You have a 3 year 36k mile warranty from the date purchased (delivered).

good luck....

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mileage and period begin on the vehicle purchase date and mileage in order to be consistent. Vehicle extended warranties are often built on the vehicle's inherent warranty and often work that way. ESP essentially extends the truck's inherent warranty.

Why would your original warranty end in 2 years when you haven't taken delivery yet? You have a 3 year 36k mile warranty from the date purchased (delivered).

good luck....
He probably reached the milage limit BEFORE the time limit. That is he got 36k miles in 24 months.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

good luck....
Mine will run out early due to high mileage. And my delivery date will be in this next week. So, say, I purchase today. Say no to the extended warranty because I'll fave factory warranty for 2 years because I will have 36000 miles by then. So shortly before that expires, I contact Flood Ford for my extended 8 years/100000 miles. Why will I be paying for the past 2 years, meaning I will pay for 8 yrs/100000 miles but will only have coverage for 6 years or 64000 miles.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He probably reached the milage limit BEFORE the time limit. That is he got 36k miles in 24 months.
That's GREAT, accelerating all the fun and enjoyment!

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine will run out early due to high mileage. And my delivery date will be in this next week. So, say, I purchase today. Say no to the extended warranty because I'll fave factory warranty for 2 years because I will have 36000 miles by then. So shortly before that expires, I contact Flood Ford for my extended 8 years/100000 miles. Why will I be paying for the past 2 years, meaning I will pay for 8 yrs/100000 miles but will only have coverage for 6 years or 64000 miles.

Good to hear you are really driving it..

You're not paying for the inherent warranty already used, the ESP pricing is calculated factoring in and built upon the factory warranty.

In your example above your warranty will be for 8 years and 100k miles starting at in-service date.. the pricing takes into account and is built upon the factory warranty, you aren't double paying..... (y)

good luck....

Last edited:

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience with extended warranties is when it's time for a claim, they usually won't cover it, always some excuse!
I bought an extended warranty good for 100k miles for a 2014 Nissan Altima back in Dec 14.

About 500 miles before 100k, the compressor went out in the heat of the summer. Our claim was honored and paid.

I somewhat reluctantly signed on for an extended warranty on my Maverick. Time will tell if I made a good decision or not.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience with extended warranties is when it's time for a claim, they usually won't cover it, always some excuse!
All extended warranties are not the same.

Some are underwritten by 3 guys all named Ernie operating out of a garage somewhere.

Ford's ESP warranty is honored by Ford service centers...

Last edited:

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the 8 yr / 60k / 0 deductible Premium Care package. Dealer matched the $1155 online price offered by www.floodfordesp.com.
Does the warranty cover towing to a dealer that maybe 100 miles away.
Wondering the specifics of the warranty of covering the battery for the motor (is it the lithium)

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After over 2 dozen BRAND NEW car/truck/motorhome purchases, without ever buying an extended warranty, I DID buy one for my 2022 Maverick through Granger...5 years/75k 100 deductible for 655. How can you beat that...?

Sponsored

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never bought one - and I buy 2-3 years old and drive to into the ground (300K miles or so). but I bought with the maverick. with work from home, my annual mileage has dropped, so I bought the 10year 80K no deductible. I have always assumed the risk and then repaired my self, pretty much done everything on a car one (including an engine rebuild, a manual clutch, and automatic transmission clutch packs). but with this vehicle, will be very difficult to work on and risk of issues out of warranty I believe is high. I think the drivetrain will work well, but no confidence in the electronics. Dealer is a long time 5 star dealer and just dropping off with loaner for 10 years cost free has a certain value. I do plan on keeping this vehicle for at least 10 years, so this make sense for me.
Who did you get the ext warranty from?
Did it include the lithium battery?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's ESP specifically excludes the HVB and cables. The battery is covered 8yr/100k miles (10yr/150k in California), the HV cabling I believe only the 3/36k bumper-to-bumper.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for response. Trying to gather info as much
as possible before deciding about purchasing in august
So the lithium battery, connectors, and computers are covered for 8 yrs.
but the cables aren't. hmmm...so ford appears not to think they aren't reliable to give
them a thumbs up past 3 years.
You purchased truck despite...so you appear to have some higher level of confidence

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Who did you get the ext warranty from?
Its not ford, but managed through the dealership transparently. I drop off and get a loaner from the dealer. bumper to bumper - but not wear items, brakes, sheet metal. All mechanical and electrical is covered.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After over 2 dozen BRAND NEW car/truck/motorhome purchases, without ever buying an extended warranty, I DID buy one for my 2022 Maverick through Granger...5 years/75k 100 deductible for 655. How can you beat that...?
Is this the 50 over dealer invoice Granger is offering in another thread? I forked over a lot more than that when I bought my Edge four years ago with a 72 month/60k mi plan.
Sponsored