First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought an extended warranty through Granger Ford...8 year, 60,000 miles, $50 deductible. This covers everything including normal maintenance parts. Cost was a little over $1000.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally avoid extended warranties because I try to purchase vehicles with decent reliability history.

But I did buy one for my Maverick. I've never owned an American vehicle, and Ford's reputation is spotty. The Maverick is also a new model, so there's no reliability history.

In the end, I do like the peace of mind.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Anyone buying them?
Yes I will if it ever gets to me. I ordered my Hybrid Lariatux on 9/7.
I buy extended because of my
Image to work. My Escape just hit 2 years and was out of original warranty 1400 miles ago!!

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I bought an extended warranty through Granger Ford...8 year, 60,000 miles, $50 deductible. This covers everything including normal maintenance parts. Cost was a little over $1000.
Normal maintenance like brakes and oil changes?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ps, the ESP through Flood Ford is also cancelable. I canceled mine on my Raptor in December when I traded it for my 22 TRX and received a large, prorated refund. Absolutely the best place to purchase a true Ford extended warranty and you can purchase it any time during your initial 36 month coverage...

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ps, the ESP through Flood Ford is also cancelable. I canceled mine on my Raptor in December when I traded it for my 22 TRX and received a large, prorated refund. Absolutely the best place to purchase a true Ford extended warranty and you can purchase it any time during your initial 36 month coverage...
I'm curious. Isn't the ESP transferable? Just wondering why you didn't transfer the policy or does the transfer go with the car if the car goes from one owner to another? Am planning on getting the ESP, and probably from Flood unless my dealer matches it, but I've never had the ESP before. Thanks.

Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I have never bought one - and I buy 2-3 years old and drive to into the ground (300K miles or so). but I bought with the maverick. with work from home, my annual mileage has dropped, so I bought the 10year 80K no deductible. I have always assumed the risk and then repaired my self, pretty much done everything on a car one (including an engine rebuild, a manual clutch, and automatic transmission clutch packs). but with this vehicle, will be very difficult to work on and risk of issues out of warranty I believe is high. I think the drivetrain will work well, but no confidence in the electronics. Dealer is a long time 5 star dealer and just dropping off with loaner for 10 years cost free has a certain value. I do plan on keeping this vehicle for at least 10 years, so this make sense for me.

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Warranties are great. I usually get the Premium Care.
You DO NOT have to purchase the warranty until just under 36,000 miles or 35 months. Different Dealerships have different markups on the warranty's. So shop around. The best dealership I last used was ZEIGLER CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP AND FORD PLAINWELL . You can save $100's.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have changed my mind. I plan on getting one. Also adding the headlights

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As mentioned here, there are multiple Ford dealers in the US who offer genuine Ford ESP extended warranties at a discounted price. You don't need to purchase your vehicle from that dealer in order to purchase the ESP warranty. You can also purchase within the first 3 years/36k miles of ownership. The warranty is cancelable with a prorated refund. Flood Ford is one of the best..... you can select terms and compare pricing..

https://www.floodfordesp.com/buy_no...MI8Im477jI9wIVF4rICh1lhwkXEAAYAiAAEgIB9vD_BwE

Last edited:

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I did…..new model, difficult supply chain almost guarantee’s part price increases, no matter where you are there is a local Ford dealership to take it to and when you do the math, the monthly cost is worth not having a major hit to the pocketbook. Pay your monies or take your chances, it’s a personal thing.
Sponsored