Sponsored

Anyone buy Ford TireCare extended warranty plan?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Just curious if anyone here has recently bought the tire care plan that Ford sells? Looks like it's an extended service plan on both your wheels and tires. Just curious if anyone has bought it recently when purchasing their Mav and if so what the cost was?

I know we can buy extended warranties through Granger and Flood Ford cheap but not sure if we can buy this Ford Tire Care plan through anyone else other than the dealer?
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, TireCARE is one that must be purchased at the time of delivery of the vehicle. It cannot be added on afterwards. Or so that's the tale I've always heard and none of the dealers selling ESPs online offer TireCARE.

It's also not talked about that much on here or elsewhere. Doesn't seem there are too many people interested in it...

Like ESPs, there's a lot of margin in products like TireCARE. Not sure anyone can help advise you of the dealer's cost but they have room to come down a lot from whatever they initially quote you, and still make money. Whether they will or not? That's a different story.

Essentially, it's road hazard coverage for both wheels and tires. Does not cover any damage caused in a crash, of course. That's for your insurance policy to cover.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TireCare seems to be the biggest ripoff. The premiums saved every month would replace your tires after a few years anyway and most tire shops include road hazard repair on the tires.

The only reason I got PremiumCare on my Explorer is replacing one headlight would pay for the policy. So, that seemed like a no brainer. But I wouldn't waste money on TireCare.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
TireCare seems to be the biggest ripoff. The premiums saved every month would replace your tires after a few years anyway and most tire shops include road hazard repair on the tires.

The only reason I got PremiumCare on my Explorer is replacing one headlight would pay for the policy. So, that seemed like a no brainer. But I wouldn't waste money on TireCare.
It looks we are going to be buying (rather my wife will be buying) a 23 Ford Escape Hybrid while we wait for our 23 Maverick Hybrid to not be built, lol. We test drove one last week and it was really nice.

We will for sure be buying the PremiumCare on it through Granger as it's literally half the cost of what the dealer wants for it. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer on pricing for TireCare and figured I would ask the kind souls here on MTC. Here in MI our roads are horrible and I think the dealerships big sell is that TireCare would replace the cost of a bent wheel which I know has to be pretty expensive but hopefully the chances of that happening are slim.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in MI our roads are horrible and I think the dealerships big sell is that TireCare would replace the cost of a bent wheel which I know has to be pretty expensive but hopefully the chances of that happening are slim.
I guess that depends on your personal situation. Roads where I live are in fairly decent shape. A bent wheel for me usually involves the car in front of the wheel being bent as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I guess that depends on your personal situation. Roads where I live are in fairly decent shape. A bent wheel for me usually involves the car in front of the wheel being bent as well.
I'm sure they tried to sell you the TireCare when you bought your Explorer - do you happen to remember what they quoted you?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure they tried to sell you the TireCare when you bought your Explorer - do you happen to remember what they quoted you?
Actually, no. That was the one thing they didn't. They tried to sell the maintenance plan and the gap insurance along with the PremiumCare. I only got PremiumCare as I work from home. He literally trashed the maintenance plan when I told him the Saturn I just traded has the same tank of gas I put in it in November. As for gap insurance, I already have it through my auto, so no need to get that either.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Actually, no. That was the one thing they didn't. They tried to sell the maintenance plan and the gap insurance along with the PremiumCare. I only got PremiumCare as I work from home. He literally trashed the maintenance plan when I told him the Saturn I just traded has the same tank of gas I put in it in November. As for gap insurance, I already have it through my auto, so no need to get that either.
Wow I completely forgot about gap insurance. I'll have to check with our insurance agent and see if that's included or not (I can't remember if it is).

Also thanks again for all the contributions you've made to MTC over time. We still have our (2) Maverick orders in (one EB and one Hybrid) but my wife really wants a hybrid so the Escape will work out well for her. I figure we might as well hold onto the Maverick hybrid order lottery ticket just in case. I will most likely walk away from the Maverick EB order if that ever gets build which at this point isn't looking great either.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious if anyone here has recently bought the tire care plan that Ford sells? Looks like it's an extended service plan on both your wheels and tires. Just curious if anyone has bought it recently when purchasing their Mav and if so what the cost was?

I know we can buy extended warranties through Granger and Flood Ford cheap but not sure if we can buy this Ford Tire Care plan through anyone else other than the dealer?
I would not buy a tirecare plan but I bought a triplecare for a Mach E. Triplecare includes tire and unlimited PDR. It does provide windshield chip repair and wheel protection. You can get it from Grangerford. Email them for the quote.

Mach E has very high load lb/in2 on the tires so it will have higher chance to pick up some nails. I am hoping for two new tires just to break even.

[email protected]

Added
The start date will be the day you pay Granger not the in service date.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I would not buy a tirecare plan but I bought a triplecare for a Mach E. Triplecare includes tire and unlimited PDR. It does provide windshield chip repair and wheel protection. You can get it from Grangerford. Email them for the quote.

Mach E has very high load lb/in2 on the tires so it will have higher chance to pick up some nails. I am hoping for two new tires just to break even.

[email protected]

Added
The start date will be the day you pay Granger not the in service date.
I'll have to look into this TripleCare plan. Can anyone in the US buy the TripleCare from Granger? Also what is unlimited PDR?

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll have to look into this TripleCare plan. Can anyone in the US buy the TripleCare from Granger? Also what is unlimited PDR?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintless_dent_repair

Paintless dent repair (PDR), also known as paintless dent removal, describes a method of removing minor dents from the body of a motor vehicle. A wide range of damage can be repaired using paintless dent repair as long as the paint surface is intact. Paintless dent repair may be used on both aluminum and steel panels.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being in this state (same as OP), tirecare is a given with our horrible roads, causing tire failure and many bent rims....I added to my 3 year test drive (lease) and will add back on IF/WHEN I buy my truck...Cheap insurance in Michigan, with our horrible roads...

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately, TireCARE is one that must be purchased at the time of delivery of the vehicle. It cannot be added on afterwards. Or so that's the tale I've always heard and none of the dealers selling ESPs online offer TireCARE.

It's also not talked about that much on here or elsewhere. Doesn't seem there are too many people interested in it...

Like ESPs, there's a lot of margin in products like TireCARE. Not sure anyone can help advise you of the dealer's cost but they have room to come down a lot from whatever they initially quote you, and still make money. Whether they will or not? That's a different story.

Essentially, it's road hazard coverage for both wheels and tires. Does not cover any damage caused in a crash, of course. That's for your insurance policy to cover.
TireCARE can be purchased later: https://www.floodfordesp.com/tirecare.php

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figured that was just part of the sales pitch but it's never been terribly compelling so I didn't look that deep into it. :)

Flood Ford notes the following for TireCARE, but no limit is mentioned on how long you have to purchase it.

*If your vehicle is over 60 days old or over 1000 miles you will recieve an email asking for photos of each wheel.
Here's their pricing (and even that has $100 of margin they're willing to give up if you also buy an ESP from them):

Ford Maverick Anyone buy Ford TireCare extended warranty plan? 1682371333789

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think MI is fine. It might be a good idea to email Grangerford. Email was provided on my previous post. The contact person name is Brooke. Big boss name is Zack. He is also on this board @Granger Ford . You can look them up on their website.

I gotitatgranger at a lower price listed on this thread.
Sponsored