Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those of you who already own the Mav, what kind of extended warranties are you buying? What cost? It only comes with standard 3 years. I have always got extended and it paid off many times. I have not seen this topic yet, but it is important one.
Thanks
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
For those of you who already own the Mav, what kind of extended warranties are you buying? What cost? It only comes with standard 3 years. I have always got extended and it paid off many times. I have not seen this topic yet, but it is important one.
Thanks
The Ford ESP is the only one I would even begin to consider but I'm going to wait until closer to the end of base warranty to purchase, as I may not even own my Mav for 3 years.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just saw that Flood Ford is raising the prices for extended warranties 1/4/2022

Sponsored

OP
OP

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It’s your money, but extended warranties are a waste of money. I replied to a similar topic this morning explaining why.
Ron
I searched and did not see you other response on this topic. Would like to hear why you think they are a waste of money?
Thanks

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ron
I searched and did not see you other response on this topic. Would like to hear why you think they are a waste of money?
Thanks
1. Most extended warranties run concurrent with your manufacturers warranty. So, if you buy a five year warranty, you are really only getting two additional years.

2. You are paying interest and paying tax on that unneeded extended warranty, making your car payment more per month.

3. There’s commission built in for the finance guy.

4. Extended warranties usually don’t cover all parts and labor. You may have to pay a deductible.

5. There’s huge commissions built into all add ons you buy at the dealer. Gap Insurance, paint protection, and such are way over-priced. I buy Gap Insurance through my auto insurance policy. You can get your vehicle ceramic coated for a lot less than they charge at the dealer.

6. You can save that extra $2K or whatever you’re going to pay for that extended warranty for any future repairs you may incur, if any at all.

7. Don’t buy an extended warranty from any commercials you may see on TV or junk mail. Most have an “F” rating with the BBB.

I’ve owned many new cars in my lifetime and kept some of them 6 or 7 years. I never had any problems mechanically, and only had to replace tires once.

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick/Carbonized Gray/Ordered 8/26/21
Everyone can have their own opinion on the extended warranty. I have shopped this one and found it for under $1000, the Ford ESP Premium. I will buy it individually and not with the car to avoid both interest as well as tax. If you do not have the $1000, (by it being added to the cost of my truck) Ford will finance interest free for up to 24 months. I have purchased it 3 times on new cars and have used it twice, once was a tranny that had a bill for over $5K, my out of pocket, $100. What a lot of people do not realize is that you can buy the Ford ESP warranty from any dealer across the country on line. Do your research, a simple Google search for "Ford ESP Warranty", it will be worth it!

OP
OP

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everyone can have their own opinion on the extended warranty. I have shopped this one and found it for under $1000, the Ford ESP Premium. I will buy it individually and not with the car to avoid both interest as well as tax. If you do not have the $1000, (by it being added to the cost of my truck) Ford will finance interest free for up to 24 months. I have purchased it 3 times on new cars and have used it twice, once was a tranny that had a bill for over $5K, my out of pocket, $100. What a lot of people do not realize is that you can buy the Ford ESP warranty from any dealer across the country on line. Do your research, a simple Google search for "Ford ESP Warranty", it will be worth it!
Thanks Fleshman- I will consider your suggestion. But can you give more details of what the warranty covers and up to how many years and miles?

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Fleshman- I will consider your suggestion. But can you give more details of what the warranty covers and up to how many years and miles?
Go www.floodfordesp.com. They have a chart showing all the different plans . Enter your year, mileage, and model. It will bring up a chart showing all the different options along with prices. I got the Premium Care plan for 8 years and 60,000 miles with a $50 deductible, Cost was $855 and I used my Ford Pass points to lower the cost to $655.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go www.floodfordesp.com. They have a chart showing all the different plans . Enter your year, mileage, and model. It will bring up a chart showing all the different options along with prices. I got the Premium Care plan for 8 years and 60,000 miles with a $50 deductible, Cost was $855 and I used my Ford Pass points to lower the cost to $655.
Thanks for the link. It mentions a price hike in Jan 2023. Just my luck. I won't have my truck to not get the new price hike.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Ron
Thanks
Ron is right...

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Most extended warranties run concurrent with your manufacturers warranty. So, if you buy a five year warranty, you are really only getting two additional years.
The important thing to remember is that the warranties are based on mileage OR years. Meaning 36000 miles or 3 years for the bumper to bumper warranty. I put on about 20,000 miles per year, so I'd be out of the bumper to bumper warranty in 1.5 years. An extended warranty, for bumper to bumper coverage, for the length of my loan (6 years,) was worth it for me for this fact alone.

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer wanted $3500 for 8 years/150K miles. I declined.

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a misprint? 8 years/60K miles? That mileage is way too low.
Sponsored