First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the 50 over dealer invoice Granger is offering in another thread? I forked over a lot more than that when I bought my Edge four years ago with a 72 month/60k mi plan.
Yes through granger
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its not ford, but managed through the dealership transparently. I drop off and get a loaner from the dealer. bumper to bumper - but not wear items, brakes, sheet metal. All mechanical and electrical is covered.
The bold type I highlighted is important to me with multiple reports of bad soldering at various parts of the wiring harness. It must be contributing to reports of dead vehicles in garages.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
After over 2 dozen BRAND NEW car/truck/motorhome purchases, without ever buying an extended warranty, I DID buy one for my 2022 Maverick through Granger...5 years/75k 100 deductible for 655. How can you beat that...?
So in reality because the extended warranty starts at the date of purchase you bought a 2yr/39,000 mile extended warranty for $655. The manufactures warranty will pick up the first 3/36,000 then the extended kicks in. Not a bad price but not great either.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So in reality because the extended warranty starts at the date of purchase you bought a 2yr/39,000 mile extended warranty for $655. The manufactures warranty will pick up the first 3/36,000 then the extended kicks in. Not a bad price but not great either.
starts at the date you purchased the VEHICLE....BUT it is MUCH better than any dealer will give you.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Hot hands in a dice game! I'm a gambler and letting it ride with just the factory warranty. Come on Ford don't let me down!

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After over 2 dozen BRAND NEW car/truck/motorhome purchases, without ever buying an extended warranty, I DID buy one for my 2022 Maverick through Granger...5 years/75k 100 deductible for 655. How can you beat that...?
I purchased through Granger and have a question for Granger that I'm not getting a clear answer on. When I clicked on my FORD Pass, I do see my ESP shown. When I click on Service history, there is a comment about a service for air conditioning/heating by Granger for a cost of $2,020. I've had no service and I don't understand why that is shown on my FORD Pass. Interesting that my cost for the ESP was $1,010 . . . which is half of this $2,020 that shows as a service history charge. Will you, and anyone else who has purchased through Granger, please check your FORD pass service history and let me know if anything shows up. I don't want inaccurate information about my Maverick listed anywhere. Thank you.

This is directly from Brooke.

"Thanks for the email. When we processed your service contract we are required to enter it through our dealer management system. We have 3 options for transactions: a car sale, repair order or parts ticket. Ford allows us to process this as a repair order and our dealer management system and Ford are miscategorizing the transaction as an air conditioning / heater concern and then are doubling the transaction price.

This is only reflecting in your Ford pass incorrectly and is not on your warranty or repair history. We've been in contact with Ford on resolving the issue but it hasn't been fixed obviously.
"

I have not received a reply to either of my two emails since I received this explanation which I find is not acceptable.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Anyone buying them?
I did for the first time in my life at age 69. All anyone has to do is read this forum and look at the news. Ford has big problems with reliability. Nobody on the forum or anywhere else has 3 years of driving this truck to tell anybody how great the vehicle is. Tell me that in 3 years and 60k miles.

Just today, not counting the Mustang EV recall yesterday.

Ford recalls over 2.9M vehicles at risk of roll away crashes (msn.com)

If you can afford the warranty, buy it.

Last edited:

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting closer to when the ford warranty runs out to decided on the extended. We'll see how these first 3 years go first.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was told you can't buy an ESP warrantee from any dealers out of state if you live in Florida. Also keep in mind when you hit 60K miles, your 8, or 10 year warrantee is over! even if your truck is only 4 years old. If I have problems, I will trade it in before my 3 year 36K is up. (P. S.) in Florida they want $2500 for the ESP.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Warranties are great. I usually get the Premium Care.
You DO NOT have to purchase the warranty until just under 36,000 miles or 35 months. Different Dealerships have different markups on the warranty's. So shop around. The best dealership I last used was ZEIGLER CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP AND FORD PLAINWELL . You can save $100's.

***This is an EXECELLENT reminder. You do not have to purchase the warranty while sitting in the finance office. (It doesn't even start until 3/36k) You should drive the car first then decide. No, do not believe his BS that the price is special for today only. That SAME warranty will gladly be sold to you by any other Ford dealer or by calling Granger. (I just did and saved me $100's)

Sponsored

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did for the first time in my life at age 69. All anyone has to do is read this forum and look at the news. Ford has big problems with reliability. Nobody on the forum or anywhere else has 3 years of driving this truck to tell anybody how great the vehicle is. Tell me that in 3 years and 60k miles.

Just today, not counting the Mustang EV recall yesterday.

Ford recalls over 2.9M vehicles at risk of roll away crashes (msn.com)

If you can afford the warranty, buy it.

**** Same here. I have always avoided warranties but went with one on my Hybrid. There is too much unknown and I doubt I will be able to get much done under the hood myself. My dealer wanted $3400 for 7/100k, $100 ded. premium warranty. I went through Granger (again) and got it for $1150.

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. If I like the Mav, I'll order another and sell the first as soon as it arrives.

WiscoMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally purchased a 3rd party warranty through my dealer but I didnt understand that at the time. I had it transfered to a ford premium care for 8/125000 with a 100 dollard deductible.

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
OK here we go again..... so I'll say it again. BAD IDEA, you can ignore the facts if you want but here they are: 55% of people who purchased a warranty never touched it, and those who did saved less on repairs than they paid for the contract (Consumer Reports6.29.21)

Stokes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion,
I purchased through Granger and have a question for Granger that I'm not getting a clear answer on. When I clicked on my FORD Pass, I do see my ESP shown. When I click on Service history, there is a comment about a service for air conditioning/heating by Granger for a cost of $2,020. I've had no service and I don't understand why that is shown on my FORD Pass. Interesting that my cost for the ESP was $1,010 . . . which is half of this $2,020 that shows as a service history charge. Will you, and anyone else who has purchased through Granger, please check your FORD pass service history and let me know if anything shows up. I don't want inaccurate information about my Maverick listed anywhere. Thank you.

This is directly from Brooke.

"Thanks for the email. When we processed your service contract we are required to enter it through our dealer management system. We have 3 options for transactions: a car sale, repair order or parts ticket. Ford allows us to process this as a repair order and our dealer management system and Ford are miscategorizing the transaction as an air conditioning / heater concern and then are doubling the transaction price.

This is only reflecting in your Ford pass incorrectly and is not on your warranty or repair history. We've been in contact with Ford on resolving the issue but it hasn't been fixed obviously.
"

I have not received a reply to either of my two emails since I received this explanation which I find is not acceptable.
Mine shows a $1200 Air Conditioning service. I believe I paid $1250. Honestly, I don't feel like that hurts the value of your vehicle. You have their response to your email as proof if you needed to fight for anything in the future, and they saved you a lot of money.
Sponsored