bpdalton94

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted about my great experience with Ken Garff Ford in American Fork, Utah on Saturday. Stuck to MSRP, honored Farm Bureau rebate and price protection, found me another $150 rebate to finance when I said I was willing to pay cash (rebates and original Ford financing would not stack - which I was expecting), no added fees, didn't hassle me about add-ons, etc. Paid exactly what I was quoted and in-and-out in about an hour, which included waiting to get the truck washed.
You have no idea how relieved this makes me feel! I ordered from the same dealership. After hearing all of these slimy dealer horror stories, I've been riddled with anxiety, worried that my dealership might try to pull something and not honor our original agreement. I had been hoping to hear the experience of someone else who ordered from my dealership. Thank you for sharing!
Sponsored

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no long story, Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville Alabama. Stand up dealership

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine went well. Maybe a bit over an hour.
But, a little under half that time was spent
on the phone, on hold, waiting to get insurance
information, so I could get coverage, and be
able to drive my truck home! Overall, no problems with anything.
MSRP, plus dealer fee, tax, title and license.

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Chapman Ford of Horsham - They were always there for quick answers during the Order/Scheduling/Build/Shipping stages and when the vehicle was finally delivered to the courtesy Dealer - Chapman was fast on paperwork and mailing of the purchase documents.

Best of all - Chapman Ford of Horsham held to the 2021 quoted order pricing and only the Dealer Processing Fee increased $27 (which I understood, because of the volume of Mav's they ordered/sold). Plus with the 4% below invoice pricing, I was able to save $6,800 under what my local dealers were wanting for the same ordered vehicle.

Chapman of Horsham was, without a doubt, the best vehicle purchase I have had to date and I have some miles on me and been around the block several times.

Kudo's to Steven B, Ashley, Courtney, Tom - In this messed up, cut throat world, you guys restored my faith that There Are Decent Businesses and Honest People in This World Still!

I wouldn't hesitate one minute about purchasing again from Chapman of Horsham.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a bit of a long post I made in January after taking Delivery OP. Nucar Ford was excellent to work with.

"
What a day, let’s start at the beginning! My journey starts off a few weeks ago with browsing dealer websites to see if I can get my hands on a Maverick faster than my current order. I noticed this 2022 Cactus Grey XLT with all the bells and whistles my order had beside the Lux package. Instantly I called Nucar Automall of Tilton and was able to get a no hassle $500 deposit down. The truck was built on 12/21 and got to the dealer on 1/13/22 which was way faster than I thought. I locked down the financials, sold my old car to CarMax last night and then did a two-hour road trip with a friend this morning to go get the truck.

Soon as we got there, I instantly fell in love with the Cactus Grey color, I’ve seen it before in person but seeing it again knowing its mine was on a whole different level. It was -7F outside with feels like of -30F and I was able to do a test drive. I did a quick loop, was impressed with how fast the truck was warming up. I finished up the test drive, did a quick visual of the undercarriage and everything else and went in and did the financials. Nucar Automall was great to work with and had everything ready to go. They didn’t do a markup or push any options on me it was all straight forward I was happy. I went out with one of the Sales folks to setup my FordPass and “disaster struck” the truck wouldn’t start! All the sudden codes started popping up, and the truck wouldn’t turn over. We thought the battery was rundown since the truck was outside last night when the temp dropped to -40 so they tried jumping it and nothing. Just a few clicks and that was it.

The ford tech onsite unplugged the negative terminal on the battery to reset everything then plugged it back in. Boom! Truck fired right up, and he whisked it away to the garage to warm up and do a battery test. Battery test came back great, and he did a factory reset of the PCM. Absolutely no issues after that! Nucar Automall was accommodating and communicative while they tried to figure things out. The salesman Brian Chapman let me take his personal car to go get some coffee while they finished up diagnostics. I was a bit annoyed with the situation but as they say “shit happens” but they helped me feel like I was being cared for. They were ready to lend me a vehicle to get home in case the truck needed warranty work. . We tried fordpass again it finally worked, they determined the extreme cold this morning and the night before might of cause some sort of issue with the PCM like some sort of fail-safe mode.

The two-and-a-half-hour drive back was fantastic, and I was impressed with the commanding presence the Maverick had over my CRV. It drove great, transmission shifted smoothly, and the engine was not lacking power as I drove back to Maine. The Copilot 360 worked great and having Blind Spot monitoring and lane keep assist was great. I didn’t feel tired at all after the drive and got quite a few compliments about the color. The seats where comfortable, and the apple carplay worked great. Overall, it was an eventful first day of owning the Maverick but it was a fun one! "

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I had no trouble at all at Oracle Ford in Oracle, Arizona. I won't waste time on all the details, but just say that everything happened exactly the way I wanted it to and it was very quick.
Happy to hear you had a positive experience with Oracle Ford. Thank you for the support.

OP
OP
fordtoughwait

fordtoughwait

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up our Truck today. Extraordinary and positive experience. Zero games, they expedited the PDI and truck cleanup, stayed late so we could pick up today. Then when we sat with Finance - they gave us exactly what we had agreed on our trade-in - and gave us the exact price we had agreed upon. In fact, they reduced the tag transfer fee. They offered 3 things: 1)Extended Warranty for $1480 2)6 Oil changes for $350 3)3 years of Tire protection for $250. We said no to all but the tire protection and 30 seconds later were signing the paperwork. Easy no haggle and as promised.

Sawgrass Ford of Fort Lauderdale. Excellent dealer. Pic in our Driveway!

72259D7F-3202-4D7F-8F15-E533DD93507F.jpeg
Love that color.. Looks like a brochure pic!

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Gem City Ford of Quincy, IL was wonderful! Most hassle free car buying experience I've ever had.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a few days away from picking up the Maverick from Castrucci Ford in Milford Ohio. No games. Placed the order for a Lariat Lux Hybrid last July. I kept up irregular contact with sales rep during the wait. Even changed the color of the Truck last November. I went in to arrange the financing last week. Make sure you have your sales order with you or they will write up the deal with whatever is on the sticker. I didn't put any money down, so I accepted whatever the current loan rates are.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my Hybrid XLT/Lux/360 on March 30 from Larson Ford here at the NJ Shore.
Sales rep sent a video of my truck coming off the carrier the day before. Everyone there was great.
They even gave me a Zurich Shield car care kit (various cleaners, wax etc.) before I left, and the FITS accessory was in the back seat (no charge as a thank you for waiting 8 months).
Good luck!

Sponsored

philroeder

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Got our Lariat hybrid through Charles Gabus Ford in Des Moines. Ordered in August with $1K deposit and picked it up in mid-April. Communications from Ford itself was non-existent but Gabus was always quick to respond when I checked in every month or so; they got us the window sticker and shipping confirmation after the build so we had some "proof of life" that the truck existed and was on its way. The vehicle actually arrived three weeks ahead of the estimate they had from Ford. Gabus called on a Friday that the vehicle arrived and we picked it up the next morning. In and out in 30 minutes. The paperwork was all ready, their trade-in offer was very fair, the finance guy got us a better deal then expected, and the staff seemed genuinely happy to have had a Maverick driving off the lot. Plus, it was my wife's birthday so everyone at the dealership was in on this being her big gift.

Last edited:

Silver Weasel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Lariat, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
West Point Ford in VA. Personable, kind, and very respectful. I had done previous business with them when they were Medlin Ford but now they are attached to Richmond Ford. Bought my most favorite vehicle of all time from them, my 2002 Explorer. Loved that big brown cow.

They were as excited about my truck as me-okay not nearly that excited but they were very happy to see her finally arrive. Spent time with me going over the bells and whistles, the app and various features even after I said I didn't want all the extra add-ons. I did opt for the maintenance package, this will give my husband an opportunity to drive it LOL.

My credit union had already paid them for the truck and everything was ready to sign when we arrived. The salesman Robbie Crowder was patient and very understanding every time I emailed him another question or inquiry. I paid nothing more than my invoice stated. She was clean, detailed and smelled just like a new vehicle should. Dealer put her out front to showcase her for my arrival. They had other a bunch of people stop and inquire about my truck while on display. Robbie even finally locked my truck up so they would stop opening it to look inside.

I felt like I was treated like they would want a loved one treated. Trust me, I was so nervous about hearing all these horror stories from other dealerships I had concocted up every imaginative way they could have "hoo-doo'ed" me. But none of it came to fruition. A pleasant, almost enjoyable-(is this possible?) experience. I had a very positive transaction with them. And when my husband brings it back and forth for routine maintenance I'm sure he will as well.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chapman Ford Philadelphia - Ordered via e-mail for under invoice and no deposit. 8 Months later picked up my Lariat Lux Hybrid and drove off the lot in 30 minutes. No hard sell on extras, paid exactly what was quoted when I placed the order.
We need more posts like this because I agree, based purely on posts here it makes you think you're guaranteed to get screwed. I'm taking delivery in about 2 months and already dreading it.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered mine, I didn't hear anything from the dealership after I placed the deposit at all. I just got the Ford tracking emails showing it went into production/etc. In fact, when the tracker showed that it was delivered to my dealership, I called the dealership the same day asking about it. The salesman got back to me and said it was sitting in the parking lot with plastic wrap still on it and he didn't even know it got there.

Luckily, they had it ready and washed and full tanked for me in a couple hours and I ended up getting it for MSRP. They installed door edge protectors and tried to charge me $285 for that but I simply said I never ordered the vehicle with those and the salesman took that off the price so I got those for free. They even had a $2000 market adjustment sticker on the window I'm assuming to provoke a sense of urgency for me to buy it but I never paid any markup. The salesman didn't even mention that to me. He just said that if I don't buy it he has a list of 15 people willing to pay a $5000 markup to get it.

Galpin Ford in Van Nuys, CA.

I guess it was a good experience considering the way other dealerships are ripping people off but I didn't feel they had to throw the potential markup in my face. I wouldn't have ordered the truck if I wasn't willing to buy it. And I simply wouldn't have bought it if they even charged me $1 markup.

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
I’m scheduled and might get delivery toward the end of June. After hearing all of these terrible dealer stories, I’m having anticipatory anxiety about my pick-up day. I don’t want to walk in with my pumped up Red Bull attitude unless really needed. So far, my dealer has been communicative and professional. Is that a sign that I’m in for a fight? Can anyone share their good dealer experience?
Homewood Ford, Illinois

No anything yet, but the drealer has been with me all the way. Many of the sales staff are also waiting for trucks, so we're all one big happy family!
Sponsored