First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to thank everyone who posted about negative dealer experiences. Thanks to you, I have sent the following email to my dealer:

Thank you for handling order B014, which was placed on August 13, 2021 for a Maverick XL, so well. I have read on the Maverick Truck Club forum about many dealers who did not handle the order properly, which resulted in those interested in purchasing this truck missing out for this model year. I am excited to take delivery of this truck, which has now been shipped to your dealership.​
The reason I placed my order with you is because of your reputation for honesty, ethical treatment of customers and integrity. However, due to the behavior of your fellow dealers, I need your reassurance on a few concerns.​
First, I have read that some dealers, despite placing an order on behalf of a customer, have placed a high additional dealer markup on the vehicle when the customer arrives to purchase the vehicle. Second, I have heard that some dealers are adding additional equipment and services to the vehicle without the customer requesting them.​
I am sure that these practices, because they are unethical and dishonest, are not something you would do. Please let me know that this is the case.​
Thank you. I look forward to completing this transaction soon and returning to Mossy Ford for vehicle service and future purchases.​
Why am I sending this email to them? Because I got this notification.​
Ford Maverick A Big Thanks To Everyone Posting Negative Dealer Experiences 1648873667299
Sponsored

Chris G

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you. My dealer Kendall Ford in Eugene,OR handled my delivery seamlessly. No problem at all. I hope you have the same experience. You will love your new Maverick.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to thank everyone who posted about negative dealer experiences. Thanks to you, I have sent the following email to my dealer:

Thank you for handling order B014, which was placed on August 13, 2021 for a Maverick XL, so well. I have read on the Maverick Truck Club forum about many dealers who did not handle the order properly, which resulted in those interested in purchasing this truck missing out for this model year. I am excited to take delivery of this truck, which has now been shipped to your dealership.

The reason I placed my order with you is because of your reputation for honesty, ethical treatment of customers and integrity. However, due to the behavior of your fellow dealers, I need your reassurance on a few concerns.

First, I have read that some dealers, despite placing an order on behalf of a customer, have placed a high additional dealer markup on the vehicle when the customer arrives to purchase the vehicle. Second, I have heard that some dealers are adding additional equipment and services to the vehicle without the customer requesting them.

I am sure that these practices, because they are unethical and dishonest, are not something you would do. Please let me know that this is the case.

Thank you. I look forward to completing this transaction soon and returning to Mossy Ford for vehicle service and future purchases.

Why am I sending this email to them? Because I got this notification.

1648873667299.png
I really like the way you put them on spot with, these practices, because they are unethical and dishonest, are not something you would do. Please let me know that this is the case.
It leave no room to wiggle out of a direct answer! Well stated!!

M4verick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you for handling order B014, which was placed on August 13, 2021 for a Maverick XL, so well. I have read on the Maverick Truck Club forum about many dealers who did not handle the order properly, which resulted in those interested in purchasing this truck missing out for this model year. I am excited to take delivery of this truck, which has now been shipped to your dealership.​
The reason I placed my order with you is because of your reputation for honesty, ethical treatment of customers and integrity. However, due to the behavior of your fellow dealers, I need your reassurance on a few concerns.​
First, I have read that some dealers, despite placing an order on behalf of a customer, have placed a high additional dealer markup on the vehicle when the customer arrives to purchase the vehicle. Second, I have heard that some dealers are adding additional equipment and services to the vehicle without the customer requesting them.​
I am sure that these practices, because they are unethical and dishonest, are not something you would do. Please let me know that this is the case.​
Thank you. I look forward to completing this transaction soon and returning to Mossy Ford for vehicle service and future purchases.​
Why am I sending this email to them? Because I got this notification.​
1648873667299.png
i just put down a deposit for a 2023 mav XLT hybrid when orders open - Mossy told me that they’d just put the order in first thing that day and that it would be MSRP and no BS. Was that your experience with them?

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Good for you! Very respectful and thorough. And, if they treat you bad, MTC can list them on the wall of shame! Good luck with your purchase I hope it all works out. I had a great experience with my dealership, SW Ford, Weatherford TX..

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good for and my dealer made it easy as pie.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i just put down a deposit for a 2023 mav XLT hybrid when orders open - Mossy told me that they’d just put the order in first thing that day and that it would be MSRP and no BS. Was that your experience with them?
I did my order over the phone without ever seeing the truck. The truck was just about perfect for my needs. The only thing I'd prefer is an extended versus crew cab and a longer bed. Other than that, it's ideal.

My interaction with the dealer a couple of days ago was a positive sign. Let's hope the actual purchase is just as pleasant.

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are still a lot of honest dealers out there. I got my Maverick from Jacky Jones Ford. Price was exactly what we agreed to at the time of order. No hard sell on any aftermarket add ons. It was actually a pleasant transaction.

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great letter. Professional and polite. I wish I had done that. I had a terrible experience between unauthorized add on(s), no FITS kits as promised by and poor trade in amount. I am glad to see other members reporting good dealers and no problems. Let us know how it works out for you upon delivery. I just picked up mine on April 18th. It was worth the 9 month wait.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Great letter. Professional and polite. I wish I had done that. I had a terrible experience between unauthorized add on(s), no FITS kits as promised by and poor trade in amount. I am glad to see other members reporting good dealers and no problems. Let us know how it works out for you upon delivery. I just picked up mine on April 18th. It was worth the 9 month wait.
The often overlooked way a dealer can squeeze a few more $s for themselves, trade in amount. They offer low thinking you'll agree because you're so happy you got MSRP with no add ons and just want to get into your new Maverick.

KenB

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-3
The often overlooked way a dealer can squeeze a few more $s for themselves, trade in amount. They offer low thinking you'll agree because you're so happy you got MSRP with no add ons and just want to get into your new Maverick.
My Ford dealership didn’t really want my trade-in, but instead of saying so, they low-balled the trade-in offer. No problem- I sold the car to Carmax for a great price!
Sponsored