Sponsored

Austin, Tx area dealer order experiences?

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really love my Maverick... Best little truck in Texas! :giggle:
*** I agree. My Mav exceeded my expectations and is enjoyable to drive. I don't really consider it a 'truck' because of the size and utility practicality. I bought the Hybrid because I have two Silverado's when I need muscle and I can just enjoy this one for commuting or hauling light loads. I have owned vehicles for 48 years now and this is my first Ford product. It is the perfect little vehicle for my daily use these days and the 34 highway mph is a huge change for me. I plan on ordering a '23 and trading this one out so I get the next one exactly as I want it. (Darn sure won't be Alto Blue.)

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

*** I agree. My Mav exceeded my expectations and is enjoyable to drive. I don't really consider it a 'truck' because of the size and utility practicality. I bought the Hybrid because I have two Silverado's when I need muscle and I can just enjoy this one for commuting or hauling light loads. I have owned vehicles for 48 years now and this is my first Ford product. It is the perfect little vehicle for my daily use these days and the 34 highway mph is a huge change for me. I plan on ordering a '23 and trading this one out so I get the next one exactly as I want it. (Darn sure won't be Alto Blue.)
Lol... Mine is Alto Blue. Almost everyone thinks it is black until the light hits it right. I'll admit I was on the fence at first... It grows on you. I really like it because it is kinda different.

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I'll be the dissenter here for Mac Haik in Georgetown. Ordered an Alto Blue Lariat Hybrid with lux package on 11/15. I've had a total of three interactions from my salesman since. Text and emails go unanswered until I get a random mail list email from him regarding a customer canceled order that's available. I ended up getting my same build in Cactus Grey from another dealership which in hindsight I like more. Tried to order parts from the Mac Haik and got low key attitude from them about part numbers not matching from their system vs what is on the Ford website (important if you want to use your points). Finally, called them to schedule the recall on the fire risk for hybrids last month....soonest availability is November. Anyone of these items by itself is whatever, but all together they paint a much different picture.

Strictly speaking about my experience with the dealership and not the delay of the actual vehicle, no I cant recommend Mac Haik in Georgetown.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I'll be the dissenter here for Mac Haik in Georgetown. Ordered an Alto Blue Lariat Hybrid with lux package on 11/15. I've had a total of three interactions from my salesman since. Text and emails go unanswered until I get a random mail list email from him regarding a customer canceled order that's available. I ended up getting my same build in Cactus Grey from another dealership which in hindsight I like more. Tried to order parts from the Mac Haik and got low key attitude from them about part numbers not matching from their system vs what is on the Ford website (important if you want to use your points). Finally, called them to schedule the recall on the fire risk for hybrids last month....soonest availability is November. Anyone of these items by itself is whatever, but all together they paint a much different picture.

Strictly speaking about my experience with the dealership and not the delay of the actual vehicle, no I cant recommend Mac Haik in Georgetown.
Thanks for the input. I honestly have a 50/50 track record with them, but it has been a few years since I have had any substantial interaction so was hoping others would have.

I happened to be dropping a friend off for service at Covert Ford in Hutto and saw a couple of lightning's so I looked they were both 'used'. Anyway a guy came out and I asked about Maverick preorders. He said they have a stack of pre orders already for the 2023 and will enter them on the 15th. He also mentioned they were needing $1K deposit. I have actually purchased from them before.... it was a ok experience after I showed them their online price ($3K less) than what the guy was quoting.

Sponsored

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the input. I honestly have a 50/50 track record with them, but it has been a few years since I have had any substantial interaction so was hoping others would have.

I happened to be dropping a friend off for service at Covert Ford in Hutto and saw a couple of lightning's so I looked they were both 'used'. Anyway a guy came out and I asked about Maverick preorders. He said they have a stack of pre orders already for the 2023 and will enter them on the 15th. He also mentioned they were needing $1K deposit. I have actually purchased from them before.... it was a ok experience after I showed them their online price ($3K less) than what the guy was quoting.
So Covert was doing some under handed stuff with Mavericks earlier this year. They had some sort of traveling salesman that would sell unlisted customer canceled orders on Facebook Marketplace for egregious markups. I can only assume it was to somehow to hide it from Ford corporate. The pictures did their best to hide what dealership, except for the fact that they got the red Rudy's building in the background :). I wont give my business to Covert either after seeing that.

I'll probably respond back here after the rollover of MY22 to MY23's. I'm expecting a call to go over before resubmission, but not holding my breath.

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So Covert was doing some under handed stuff with Mavericks earlier this year. They had some sort of traveling salesman that would sell unlisted customer canceled orders on Facebook Marketplace for egregious markups. I can only assume it was to somehow to hide it from Ford corporate. The pictures did their best to hide what dealership, except for the fact that they got the red Rudy's building in the background :). I wont give my business to Covert either after seeing that.

I'll probably respond back here after the rollover of MY22 to MY23's. I'm expecting a call to go over before resubmission, but not holding my breath.
I should specify, I'm talking about the Covert in Austin.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Thx for the feedback on these dealers, its good to know bad experiences as well as positive. The dealerships are only as good as the weakest representative.

diveraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Mine is also kind of meh. Initially, they want 2k for their stupid ass Texas protection Package that's worth 300$ at most. But I got them to finally drop it. I haven't picked my up yet, but have been informed they do they price protection by sending you a check for the difference some 6-8 weeks later.

Basically, they would rather I be out the price protection difference for 2 months than them. Nevermind having to finance and maybe? pay tax on the price protection difference in the meantime.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, thats messed up, heck i paid $2500 over MSRP @a dealer in Salt Lake city. About what they are doing/trying to you.

What happens in 2 months when you dont get the money back? Hire a lawyer, fight with them? Or they say, i dont know what you are talking about.

What a way to do business, well depending on how it goes, let us know some feedback. Good or bad.

Please.

Sponsored

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford screwed up the rollover in my opinion. Now dealerships have the option to prioritize non rollover orders over 22MY rollovers. That's ridiculous and now people waiting have to take the dealers word that they've been prioritized over new orders. I paid a markup, though not a crazy one and now that I know how rollovers are being handled, I'm glad I did. BTW, still no contact from Mac Haik in Georgetown to discuss the rollover process for the order bank that opens today. I guess my order will get delivered roughly 15-18 months after originally placing it.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford screwed up the rollover in my opinion. Now dealerships have the option to prioritize non rollover orders over 22MY rollovers. That's ridiculous and now people waiting have to take the dealers word that they've been prioritized over new orders. I paid a markup, though not a crazy one and now that I know how rollovers are being handled, I'm glad I did. BTW, still no contact from Mac Haik in Georgetown to discuss the rollover process for the order bank that opens today. I guess my order will get delivered roughly 15-18 months after originally placing it.
thanks for the update....it helps sure sure.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brad, yes thx for post, we need to know who legit.

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
I ordered a 23 Tremor from Johnson-Sewel ford the first day you could order. So far so good, my sales guy respo ds quick (Donnie), but I did not receive the email from Ford, and that made me nervous at first. They did give me a screenshot of my order and I double checked with Ford Chat that I was un fact in the system. I'm in Leander. Hopefully I'll end up one of the lucky ones, but If I get it by April I'll be happy.

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
* I have one on order there also. Bought from them before and it was an easy experience. April delivery is probably best-case though.
Thanks for the info. Why do you think that's best case? Not doubting, just curious.
Sponsored