Sponsored

Ordering a Maverick help / your experiences.

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking to order a Maverick within the next week/month.

Will be shopping prices here locally and will also look at getting one courtesy shipped.

Question is, when I talk with a dealer, what should I ask for as far as an order sheet? Do they just price one out, order it, then done? Not sure what to expect. I don't want any surprise costs coming up and want as close to the actual cost as possible. Next week I will talk with some dealers and will hopefully put my order in - plus my fiance's Bronco. Saw one at a dealer and its pretty awesome.

Also, any word on incentives for this truck (x plan and college student)? Do those get factored in now or do I have to wait till pickup.

I'm interested in hearing your experiences with ordering a Maverick and dealer interaction.

Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my experience,
I went on Ford's website picked out an XLT iconic silver with copilot 360 a drop-in bed liner and all weather floor mats.
Then a few minutes later I got a call from the dealership.
I set up a time to come in fill out the paperwork put in my deposit.
He told me that the drop in bed was going to cause a deley in production but he knows a place near by who can do it aftermarket so I dropped it and before I even got to the door I got a confirmation email from FORD.
Then last week I got the email from FORD confirming production on the 20th of September.
I hope that helps
Mike

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my experience,
I went on Ford's website picked out an XLT iconic silver with copilot 360 a drop-in bed liner and all weather floor mats.
Then a few minutes later I got a call from the dealership.
I set up a time to come in fill out the paperwork put in my deposit.
He told me that the drop in bed was going to cause a deley in production but he knows a place near by who can do it aftermarket so I dropped it and before I even got to the door I got a confirmation email from FORD.
Then last week I got the email from FORD confirming production on the 20th of September.
I hope that helps
Mike
Thanks for sharing. Heard the moon roof can cause delays as well. I bet that was an exciting experience tho. Congrats!!

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mention X-plan etc. when you place your order. You will not have to show proof of such plans until you pick up the vehicle and finalize paperwork.

Will be shopping prices here locally and will also look at getting one courtesy shipped.
Also, any word on incentives for this truck (x plan and college student)? Do those get factored in now or do I have to wait till pickup.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
I placed my order at the end of June at my local dealer in Northern Indiana.
Dealer was a nice guy who seemed pretty informed for it being a new model vehicle he'd never seen. He was honest about stuff that he thought would save money vs the dealership making more money (they charge more for bed liner than Ford would, so he told me to order it from Ford.)

I sat down with him and built it through Ford's website like you would from home, but he filled out the order form at the same time in another tab.

My dealer required a minimum $500 Non-refundable deposit, this varies at every dealer.
He did not charge me anything extra besides a doc fee.

I would make sure you know what you want to build before you go in, don't say anything about the z-plan or any other discounts until after its built and they've done the numbers. I say that just so they dont take advantage of you and add a fee on to recover that discount. I'm a part of the z-plan and didn't know it until after I ordered, checked with my dealer and its no problem to deal it at the time of purchase. (saved me a couple grand too!)

Once the build sheet was filled out we talked about financing for a bit, probably to make sure i knew what i was getting into. But once he went over that he printed out the build sheet, had me sign and date it, printed me out my own copy and it was done.

I got my reservation verification email from ford literally as I was sitting there with the sales guy, he got the same email as i did.

Theres a few dealers on this forum willing to sell for under MSRP I would look into that as well as check out a few local dealers, the bigger the dealer the better IMO. Send a few emails to get a feel for them and then set up a time to go in and get one built and reserved.

All in all it was a fun experience for me, I'd never ordered a new vehicle before. My dealer seems like a nice guy though and others have not had that experience.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
My experience so far:
  1. 7/13 AM - Emailed some local dealers looking for anyone that would do X Plan, with no BS dealer add-ons and, at minimum a refundable deposit, although I preferred no deposit.
  2. 7/13 PM - Received a response from a dealer that fit my criteria and didn't want any deposit.
  3. 7/14 AM - I submitted my reservation on Ford, choosing that dealership.
  4. 7/14 PM - Within 2 hours had a text from salesperson confirming the order and asking for a pic of my DL.
  5. 7/14 PM - Another hour later, my order was confirmed.
  6. 8/12 - Received notification that my build date is scheduled for 10/11.
Of additional note, my order included the moonroof and was set at "Priority 19" through the whole process. So I don't see any evidence of the moonroof being a constraint or a Priority Code of 10 being that much better than 19. As always, YMMV.

Last edited:

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Question is, when I talk with a dealer, what should I ask for as far as an order sheet? Do they just price one out, order it, then done? Not sure what to expect. I don't want any surprise costs coming up and want as close to the actual cost as possible. Next week I will talk with some dealers and will hopefully put my order in - plus my fiance's Bronco. Saw one at a dealer and its pretty awesome.

I'm interested in hearing your experiences with ordering a Maverick and dealer interaction.

Thanks for sharing.
Not related to the post linked here. That being said, I couldn't find a better deal than this place. Most are charging MSRP as then can, some even more. The build sheet reflects the dealer invoice and MSRP price and then they quote you the 4% below price as well. SUPER customer service from this group. I don't know how far you are willing to travel to get it, or how much savings would make it worthwhile, but the experience has been great so far. Upfront about what might delay your order and if there is a work around to order items later to reduce the risk.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/update-4-under-invoice-with-dealersider.175/

There is also a good dealer perspective in this video:

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
My experience:

Reserved one on Ford.com
Selected the closest dealership to me (I value convenience)
Got a phone call about 30 minutes after reservation.
I was sent a picture of the order form (DORA)
Confirmed it all looked good
Within 5 minutes, got an email confirming my order
I’m being charged MSRP. I don’t need special deals or whatever.
After that, communication has been ok, with me asking about dealer trainer units and making a small change to my order and having to be a slightly squeaky wheel in order to get confirmation of my tonneau cover being removed.
Got scheduled to be built yesterday.

Best of luck.

Don’t let the negativity ruin the experience.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience so far:
  1. 7/13 AM - Emailed some local dealers looking for anyone that would do X Plan, with no BS dealer add-ons and, at minimum a refundable deposit, although I preferred no deposit.
  2. 7/13 PM - Received a response from a dealer that fit my criteria and didn't want any deposit.
  3. 7/14 AM - I submitted my reservation on Ford, choosing that dealership.
  4. 7/14 PM - Within 2 hours had a text from salesperson confirming the order and asking for a pic of my DL.
  5. 7/14 PM - Another hour later, my order was confirmed.
  6. 8/12 - Received notification that my build date is scheduled for 10/11.
Of additional note, my order included the moonroof and was set at "Priority 19" through the whole process. So I don't see any evidence of the moonroof being a constraint or a Priority Code of 10 being that much better than 19. As always, YMMV.
Glad to know the moon roof won't be an issue. Guess the guy on YouTube was wrong.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Glad to know the moon roof won't be an issue. Guess the guy on YouTube was wrong.
There's a TON of confusion and misinformation going around, prolly not the last time you'll come across it. Lord knows I've waded through a ton. :LOL:

FWIW: As was mentioned above, Tim from Long MacArthur Ford has been the most accurate source of information I've come across.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not related to the post linked here. That being said, I couldn't find a better deal than this place. Most are charging MSRP as then can, some even more. The build sheet reflects the dealer invoice and MSRP price and then they quote you the 4% below price as well. SUPER customer service from this group. I don't know how far you are willing to travel to get it, or how much savings would make it worthwhile, but the experience has been great so far. Upfront about what might delay your order and if there is a work around to order items later to reduce the risk.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/update-4-under-invoice-with-dealersider.175/

There is also a good dealer perspective in this video:
Thanks for sharing. I want to be prepared when I go in and the video definitely helps. I'm super excited. Can't wait to finally see one in person!

Jimmyland

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for sharing.
I ordered mine from the Ford website color, options and extras all with the pricing visible in the website. Ordered it last Sept and got delivery the end of Jan 2023. So far I have had no issues what so ever and loving this vehicle. Have a 2023 EB Lariat edition. Only thing I have done is put a Lettering kit in tailgate and the assist kit. Great vehicle.

Ford Maverick Ordering a Maverick help / your experiences. IMG_3680

Ford Maverick Ordering a Maverick help / your experiences. IMG_3890
Sponsored