First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Lariat Hybrid
7800 miles
Build date: Fall 2022 (put my order in the first week the Maverick was announced. I think the build was September but didn't get to pick up until January)

Add me to the list of frustrated Hybrid owners.

Last Sunday, went to unlock my Maverick after church but the key fob wouldn't work. Opened the door using the key and nothing turned on; completely dead. Had it jumped, drove it home and then jumped it in the morning to take to the dealership. Dealership changed out the battery and said they "fixed" the wiring. Picked it up and drove it home yesterday (Saturday). Started it twice with no issue, and now dead again. Bringing back to dealership tomorrow.

@Ford Motor Company hopefully you're working on a solution that can be communicated to the dealerships...
Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat Hybrid
7800 miles
Build date: Fall 2022 (put my order in the first week the Maverick was announced. I think the build was September but didn't get to pick up until January)

Last Sunday, went to unlock my Maverick after church but the key fob wouldn't work. Opened the door using the key and nothing turned on; completely dead. Had it jumped, drove it home and then jumped it in the morning to take to the dealership. Dealership changed out the battery and said they "fixed" the wiring. Picked it up and drove it home yesterday (Saturday). Started it twice with no issue, and now dead again. Bringing back to dealership tomorrow.

@Ford Motor Company hopefully you're working on a solution that can be communicated to the dealerships...
Please share dealer's fix report to:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ericks-reported-dealer-solutions-fixes.16862/

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Lariat Hybrid
7800 miles

Good afternoon, Craig! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Maverick. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into this dead hybrid concern for you. Thank you.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Instead of asking people to send you DMs after this happens, you could just issue a recall. That seems like a more proactive, and customer centered, approach. Just a thought. @Ford Motor Company
At the direction of their ELT, this account will neither confirm or deny an ongoing issue. To think otherwise is to not understand how corporate communications works. Hopefully on the internal side, they have addressed the quality issue with the vendor...

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At the direction of their ELT, this account will neither confirm or deny an ongoing issue. To think otherwise is to not understand how corporate communications works. Hopefully on the internal side, they have addressed the quality issue with the vendor...
Agree...but then they should let us know it it was addressed. So far these FORD social media emails seem to do nothing. I was an early recipient of one of these and I can tell you nothing came of it. A couple of communications with no results. Had to email Ford corporate to get someone to look at my situation.

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree...but then they should let us know it it was addressed. So far these FORD social media emails seem to do nothing. I was an early recipient of one of these and I can tell you nothing came of it. A couple of communications with no results. Had to email Ford cooperate to get someone to look at my situation.
But, it gave the interns something to do 😁

OP
OP
Bryant21

Bryant21

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really an update, just some observations:

My main battery is 12.3V when the vehicle is off, registering 14.6V when on. This all seems within normal parameters.

After checking the high voltage hybrid battery is sitting around 65% charged regularly. This seems a bit low to me, does anyone else have any comparisons? I know these hybrid batteries will never be fully charged, I was just expecting to see about 80% average but this is my first hybrid vehicle.

Also, about once every few weeks I get a "Remote features have been disabled to preserve battery." message on Fordpass.

Last edited:
Sponsored

dtboyd07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.
Having the same issues and symptoms here. I keep telling the dealership to check the wiring harness and they keep blowing me off and not giving me any clear guidance. I haven't received an update in over a week and I've left many messages with the service department for an update. It's been on their lot for 3 weeks now.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really an update, just some observations:

My main battery is 12.3V when the vehicle is off, registering 14.6V when on. This all seems within normal parameters.

After checking the high voltage hybrid battery is sitting around 65% charged regularly. This seems a bit low to me, does anyone else have any comparisons? I know these hybrid batteries will never be fully charged, I was just expecting to see about 80% average but this is my first hybrid vehicle.

Also, about once every few weeks I get a "Remote features have been disabled to preserve battery." message on Fordpass.
Mine is never above 55%, usually between 35-45%. I've received that message a few times as well, no issues though otherwise.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having the same issues and symptoms here. I keep telling the dealership to check the wiring harness and they keep blowing me off and not giving me any clear guidance. I haven't received an update in over a week and I've left many messages with the service department for an update. It's been on their lot for 3 weeks now.
Tell the service manager that if they don't do anything, you will not feel safe driving this vehicle, I just did that with mine and they got it in the service bay and taken care of, as it sat at the dealer for 13 days with no one touching it.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.
@Ford Motor Company So you do exist!
Sponsored