Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I like that they tied the design together a bit better. The outgoing ranger looks a bit like a focus up front to me, not at all truck like and definitely not fitting of its stature.

Now it looks like a design theme with a clear progression from Mav through to the f150 and the Ranger getting some updated perks that could've really always been there.

I do however, HATE the plastic X shaped thing up front, reminds me of some older model Nissan SUV's/Trucks that weren't appealing in my opinion.

EDIT: I can't imagine justifying the budget to edit that reveal video together, it truly amazes me what stuff gets approved and what stuff gets denied. For whatever reason it is always the trendy bullshit garbage that no consumer actually wants or uses that gets to the top of the approve pile.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I’m…. very intrigued.

If this were available now, I’d have to check it out along with the Mav.

Plus, there’s no way I’m patient enough to wait until 2023.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They had me at turbo diesel……that was on my wish list for the Mav along with 6 speed manual.

imagine a Mav with a tourbo diesel🤔. It would have great power, clean, and get 40plus MPG.
That was the Australian reveal for their market - you won't see a new turbo diesel Ranger in North America, unfortunately.

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
Nice truck, looks to be an improvement over the existing Ranger.
would it change my purchasing decision, no.
If it would have I’d already be driving one of the available competitors in that segment.
My thoughts were and still are that one of these are not worth the considerable added expense and loss of fuel economy to get 4 low.
Save the fuel economy by optioning for the diesel and that’s even more money.
Nope, I’ll stick with the Maverick.

Sponsored

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I like the new shape on the front end much better than the current gen Ranger, but one thing I liked better on the last gen is that the front bumper is more traditional rather than just having that one piece SUV/unibody look.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks much better than current Ranger. Not wedge shaped. Also a better stance. Current is too jacked up in back. Still sits too high over all. Skinny and tall looks odd. Overall I think they did a good job.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
REMEMBER THAT THIS REVEAL IS FOR THE NON-NORTH AMERICAN RANGER! The NA version will most likely not have the black front bumper extension. It will most likely be either body colored or will be a 2-piece front bumper with slight tweaks to make the look work. I'm betting my money on the latter.

Also, we aren't getting the engine options or the trim levels our Aussie and Asia counterparts will have. The NA market will most likely get XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum, Tremor, and Raptor trim levels with engines options probably being the 2.3L I-4, 2.7L I-4 (maybe), 3.3L Hybrid PowerBoost (hopefully), 3.0L Plug-In Hybrid (most likely), and some V6 variant for the Raptor. My engine options may be too ambitious, but we'll see.

I also hope the 10-inch screen isn't limited to just XL trim work trucks. I maybe a Millennial, but I hate giant tablet screen infotainment systems. The tiny screen on my Escape is the #1 I actually love about it. Then again, that's one of the things I like about the Maverick. lol

Last edited:

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping they keep the manual transmission as an option for the NA version.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The way the body is flared makes it look kind of cartoonish to me. But the interior is a giant step up from the outgoing one. One concern is, although I am absolutely pro-big screens, when they mount them in portrait I just know it's to replace physical buttons, which I'm not on board with that trend yet.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thrilled with the hybrid, however, I wish we could get a small diesel engine. They offer really good economy. 🤔 I wonder what a diesel hybrid would be like.

Last edited:

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
What are the odds we see the manual trans in America? If we get it, even in the base model XL only, that's a HUGE pull away from the Maverick or another small car for me.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This addresses most of my issues with the current generation Ranger. I may upgrade my Maverick in 2-3 years. Cuz this thing looks sharp! But the pricing would need to be right, which I fear would be over $50k to have something equipped like my Lariat Mav. And God only knows what inflation is going to do to the truck market to push this thing up further!

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Nice :) I like it. They finally fixed that hideous front head light situation. Made no since that all the other Ford trucks had the cool, tough looking C shaped headlights, and the Ranger was stuck somewhere in the early 2000's...
Still, I'd probably never own one. I need either a cool little run around truck like the Maverick, or a big tougher, working truck, like either an F150 or a Super duty, and even so, it would have to be at least a Hybrid, if not an all electric.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bronco, Maverick, Ranger, Lightning.............buyers waiting through 2037.

someone had to say it...

Ford Maverick All-New 2023 Ford Ranger Revealed! Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.02.31 AM

Ford Maverick All-New 2023 Ford Ranger Revealed! Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.04.58 AM
Sponsored

Last edited: