First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's shitty mileage for a microtruck like this Maverick. I know it is not the hybrid, however, but for a vehicle this small this mileage 26 is a real disappointment. I've got a 2018 F150 2.7 that get's 17-18 and that's a full sized truck with all of the functionality. Further, I hear guys claim all the time that they get 21-22 in their F150 2.7s. My F350 6.7 diesel (not chipped) get's 18-19 in the city and 20+ on the highway (been as high as 22 on road trips). So, considering the tiny size of the Maverick, 26-27 is pretty disappointing. Not worth the functionality tradeoff you get with a bed the size of a big wheelbarrow and a little bitty cab.
I don't think it's that bad. My Gladiator only gets about 18 and it has similar functionality as the Maverick, my cab is a little smaller and the bed a little bigger, but still similar enough that 26 would be great! It's all about perspective.

pmcdonald387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's shitty mileage for a microtruck like this Maverick. I know it is not the hybrid, however, but for a vehicle this small this mileage 26 is a real disappointment. I've got a 2018 F150 2.7 that get's 17-18 and that's a full sized truck with all of the functionality. Further, I hear guys claim all the time that they get 21-22 in their F150 2.7s. My F350 6.7 diesel (not chipped) get's 18-19 in the city and 20+ on the highway (been as high as 22 on road trips). So, considering the tiny size of the Maverick, 26-27 is pretty disappointing. Not worth the functionality tradeoff you get with a bed the size of a big wheelbarrow and a little bitty cab.
It's not tiny by any measure and if it gets that with fx4 and towing packages that I ordered I would be thrilled. Just not conclusive yet from that image. Would have been perfect to see the fuel gauge too.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One for the bucket list! It certainly takes you to the end of the world.. it just doesn’t look like there’s much to do once you get there…
It depends on what you like doing...

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I don't think it's that bad. My Gladiator only gets about 18 and it has similar functionality as the Maverick, my cab is a little smaller and the bed a little bigger, but still similar enough that 26 would be great! It's all about perspective.
Um, minus the off-road capability? j/k

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Would have been perfect to see the fuel gauge too.
The Fuel Gauge is in the picture. Bottom Right side of the dashboard. It shows 3/4 tank of fuel.

Coachman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's still avg.... and most likely combined like a lot of people drive.... Me I drive mainly city so I suspect more of 21-22mpg for me... but than again I went with the Hybrid and hoping for 35-40mpg city
I would have gone with the hybrid too, if they had offfered it with 4 wheel drv. So I had to order it with the 2.0 Eco to get the 4x4. Oh well, just have to hope it's mpg is equal to or better than a Ranger.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
My wifes Envision gets around 20 mpg city It feels so much better than my 13.5mpg in my truck... I'd be very happy with 20+ mpg...

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I would have gone with the hybrid too, if they had offfered it with 4 wheel drv. So I had to order it with the 2.0 Eco to get the 4x4. Oh well, just have to hope it's mpg is equal to or better than a Ranger.
I suspect the Maverick will return slightly better mileage than the Ranger. Essentially the same engine, just a bit smaller so it will drink a little less fuel. There is also about a 700-800 pound weight difference between the Maverick and a comparably configured Ranger so the Mav is pulling around less pounds per horsepower than the Ranger. My 21 Ranger might not be "broken in" yet. I've read that it gets better with mileage...I dunno. But I'm getting 19 in town and the few interstate trips I've taken have shown around 23-24. I forecast the Maverick to be around 21-22 in town and 26-27 on the highway, depending on configuration (FWD vs AWD, 4k tow or not).

To the person who said it isn't worth it to downsize from a full size, I wholly disagree. I traded a crew cab F150 5.0 that was getting about 15.5-16 for the Ranger which is getting 3.5-4 MPG better. I suspect trading my Ranger for the Mav will get me another 2-3 MPG. It all depends on what you are using it for but for me, even though I traded for other reasons as well, MPG was a factor and 7-8 MPG of improvement is worth considering.

Last edited:
Sponsored

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weighs ~3600lbs with a turbo 4 motor. 26-27 is about right on the money for mixed driving with AC. That's about what I get in my wife's 2013 Sante Fe 2.0T which weights 3700lbs and has a similar powertrain. I bet some hypermile'ing tactics, and you should be able to do high 29's if not crack 30, which is probably what dudes with a 150 are doing if they are getting 20+.

You won't be sustaining 30+ relatively easy. The only cars that I've driven that will easily do 30+ are my 96 civic and my 2017 HR-V which both do about 35.

Also can't really compare a diesel to gasoline.

Last edited:
OP
OP

NHB_ZOEY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry XSE V6
If the numbers were insane Ford would had released them already… I’m starting to believe it’s not good… maybe 20 combined… for FX4 AWD 4K

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprised you’re still here😁

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

26 average would be a 4mpg boost from my 2010 Rav4. I wonder if this is with the towing/awd packages a swell.
There is only 1 MPG difference in EPA rating @ all modes, city, highway, combined.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Also have to remember that most SUVs are lucky to break 180hp - and they still barely manage 30mpg. My wife's Rogue was maybe 160-170hp, the number didn't really matter it was garbage to drive - more than once if it was in eco mode I ended up scared for my life in the wrong situation where some power was needed.

The maverick at 250hp will be a rocket by comparison, and still manage to get 90% of any anemic SUV out there.
I don't have mine yet but drove a dealer unit and scared the crap out of the wife when I got on it! Way more pick up than her '14 Explorer ecoboost. I was IMPRESSED with the performance on my short test drive!
Sponsored