Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
39 mpg, haha, no chance. And the tuned EB 2.0 will last forever. My custom tuned ST has 140,000 miles on the tune, Steeda intercooler etc, zero issues.
You do know that the EB2.0 thats currently in the truck is not the same EB2.0 you had in the Focus right?

Its not the same caliber of engine - not by a longshot.
Sponsored

ttheroux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you look at the image in the article, it shows 398 miles travelled over 7 hours of driving. An average speed of 57mph. If this was over flat terrain and no wind (or possibly needing some help from the wind), it is absolutely doable. That average speed is 100% in an engine's sweet spot - top gear, low RPM.

They also said they drive the speed limit and don't drive crazy, which leads me to believe they are very intentionally working to achieve that excellent mpg.

Would this be the result for most people in their real driving experience? Nope. Is it achievable? Yes.
I just got 36 MPG on a highway trip with a bone stock truck. I admit to being somewhat conservative with the throttle and allowing it lose a little speed on the hills while averaging about 70 MPH. With a less restrictive intake and exhaust, a tune, and more extreme hypermiling techniques I think
39 MPG is possible, but not sustainable. I’ve been averaging around 25 MPG
in mixed driving with an occasional WOT bursts. If you spool up that turbo it will get thirsty.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You do know that the EB2.0 thats currently in the truck is not the same EB2.0 you had in the Focus right?

Its not the same caliber of engine - not by a longshot.
How is it different? As far as I know the 2.0L ecoboost in the Maverick is the same one in the current Escape which is the same one used in the previous Escape (Titanium) and Focus ST? I may be wrong, but please explain how they are different engines?

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is it different? As far as I know the 2.0L ecoboost in the Maverick is the same one in the current Escape which is the same one used in the previous Escape (Titanium) and Focus ST? I may be wrong, but please explain how they are different engines?
Focus ST 2.0:
Ford Maverick 2.0L Maverick 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and 39 MPG? 1659498556047

2016 Escape Block:

Ford Maverick 2.0L Maverick 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and 39 MPG? 1659498666871

Revised block:

Ford Maverick 2.0L Maverick 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and 39 MPG? 1659499165601

As you can see the Focus ST uses a closed deck design.

The 2016 is open dick and it has a 'sawblade' cutout between the cylidners which is where it pisses coolant into the cylinder and assplode.

The revised block is not as stout as the Focus ST block but hopefully it lasts longer than 50k miles.

So - its not the same motor - at all.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

But which Focus ST block is that in the picture? 1st gen or second gen?
Sponsored