First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finished off the first tank of premium in our shop development truck.

Driving home from the dealer ship, 92 miles, I got 31.5 on the dash. After that it's had a rough start to it's life.

The truck went directly onto the dyno for baseline runs, then the guys here took it out and ran it hard. We built the catch cans and air intakes, it went back on the dyno to verify power increases, I pulled my over landing trailer with it and beat on it quite a bit myself. Yesterday my wife and I spent 3-4 hours in it driving back roads.

By the time all this went down, the dash displayed 25.2 mpg. I filled the tank and did the division on the calculator and came up with 22.84 mpg.

This is typical, the computer doesn't do well with towing/wot runs and calculating, I've never seen a car that does.

I will be making a long trip tomorrow, my current dash reading is 32.9 after about a 60 mile drive home from the first fill up.

I'll update here tomorrow after filling and highway miles on this current tank.

BTW, this is all on 93 octane, that's all I'm running for now because of the parts development for the truck we are doing. I will eventually switch to 87 once I get my hands on the tuning software.

-David
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The more I drive this little truck the more I like it. Just knocked out a trip today, 456.1 miles. Highway speeds with cruise set up to 79 mph, a little bit of city and then maybe a hundred or so miles at 55-60 mph. I also, of course had to rip on it a little and see what the top speed was, the truck has a speed limiter set at 109 mph, it gets there very easily.

Truck display had the MPG's at 31.1 mpg, dividing it out on the calculator it was actually 30.12 mpg, I'd venture to guess cruising on a trip the dash is dead on, the WOT pulls I can't stay away don't make for the computer making good calculations.

I'm VERY happy with 30.12 mpg! Also love the way the truck rides and corners, as dumb as it sounds, I want to autocross it!

I wish it had some padding on the door where I rest my elbow, its all hard plastic and took it's toll on my elbow today.

Also keep in mind this truck is equipped with our oil separator and 3" intake/filter on it.

Ford Maverick Buschur's R&D truck, MPG update for XLT, AWD, FX4 IMG_0359
Ford Maverick Buschur's R&D truck, MPG update for XLT, AWD, FX4 IMG_0360
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.