Not open for further replies.

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Are you saying you wont be able to build your 2023 on August 2nd on the Ford website then pick dealer? Then go into dealer for actual order? I thought that is the procedure. I new you could also go into dealer and have them, build while you sit there. but I would prefer to build it myself. then go to dealer same day to placer order.
Yes that is what I am saying. Based on the information we have to date, there will not be "reservation" system on Ford's website prior to August 2. Nor do we know if and /or when it will be available.
Sponsored

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to @fordvideoguy and the latest Livestream. 2023 Maverick order bank opens August 2nd.
What happens if you don't get an email to convert to a 23 in time to make the window? And will the conversion orders be prioritized by original order date or by when your dealer submits?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many "in the know" people have said there should not be any expectation that the customer facing "builder" on ford.com will be updated in time for August 2nd. It usually lags by a week or two. If you want to get an August 2nd order submitted, best bet is to go in to the dealer, or call them on the phone on August 2nd. They can read you off the choices and prices from the internal order guide (that we also are not sure the release date of). If you stick around this forum, I guarantee someone will post that order guide whenever it is published to the dealers. So that could be an option as well, depending on how far in advance it gets leaked. If leaked early enough, you could do your own build on paper and walk or call it in to a dealer. They might wonder how you know as much as you know, but who cares.
Thanks for info.

So my plan wont work about fords sight going live on August 2nd. Darn it all. My dealer didn't seem to know of the August 2nd date. I have yet to even step foot into the dealer. looks like I will need to stop by a few days before in late July and see if they are still clueless.

On another note I built a XLT hybrid a few weeks ago and did another same build last night Price went up. From $24070 to $25225 3 options full size spare, manual slide window and trailer hitch. I am hoping no more price increases.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happens if you don't get an email to convert to a 23 in time to make the window? And will the conversion orders be prioritized by original order date or by when your dealer submits?
This could change, but you should go ahead and order a 23 as close to August 2nd as you can even though you could still get a vin for a 22 in the 2 weeks after that. These things are still not crystal clear, but this is the safest way to play it. You could confirm the same options as before or change it altogether according to Tim Bartz. I still would like more confirmation on a changed order keeping us ahead of new 23 orders. I would definitely change mine if that is the case.
whatever you decide, you do need to confirm with your dealer that you are still in play for a 23 if you don't get a vin for a 22. The email would probably come later for the private offer, so I wouldn't wait for that, just move ahead.

Nature Girl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

New to the forum. Looking for some advice here. I'm planning on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid ASAP. Looking to just add in the spray in bed liner, floor mats, and the 400W outlet. Will I be able to order this online on August 2nd? And does anyone have any advice on ordering online vs in person at a dealership?

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In a WWFD (what would Ford do) if the java scripted, content management system platform used to create the vehicle configuration page overloads the Dearborn servers set up for the other 364 days of the year?

Does Ford have a back up plan since the MY23 Bronco Sport and Explorer order banks also open on 8-2?

Will a dealer your not on excellent terms with be faithful enough to stay at work (til midnight if necessary and submit all 8-2 orders through the WBDO, obtain a copy of your license and get a ROVP approval from Ford?

We are still finding out that dealers botched MY22 orders anjd customers did not obtain co-signed buyers orders or maintain a copy of the preview order.

I'll revisit this post in exactly three weeks to see how much Ford and it's customers evolve.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In a WWFD (what would Ford do) if the java scripted, content management system platform used to create the vehicle configuration page overloads the Dearborn servers set up for the other 364 days of the year?
Kinda surprised they're not using TELNET or a similar command prompt tool. While I really hate CLI interfaces, they are good when you depend on having low resource overhead and still communicating with the servers.]

FindingYOUphoria

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New to the forum. Looking for some advice here. I'm planning on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid ASAP. Looking to just add in the spray in bed liner, floor mats, and the 400W outlet. Will I be able to order this online on August 2nd? And does anyone have any advice on ordering online vs in person at a dealership?
You can only order from the dealer. And I would consider not adding the spray in bed liner until after you receive your vehicle. it is one of the biggest reasons for delays.

Eherby

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza, Lexus RX 450H
I'd recommend ordering a 2023 with an engine and trim of your choosing on opening day and add options later in September when the guide hits the web.
I don’t want to come off rude. But who are you? How do you know this?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do they know what their own opinion is? Because it is their opinion.

If you are asking WHY they are recommending ordering day 1 with base options, adding more details/options later, it is for a few reasons that some of us have figured out.

1. Because Ford doesn't care about when you added or dropped options to your order. Ford only cares about the original order date when trying to prioritize which they choose for production. So get a simple and easy to enter order in with an early August date and then add your bed liner or change the color 12 times or add splash guards or whatever a few weeks later. Keep in mind they will not start even scheduling 2023 production until weeks after the ordering opens. Ford isn't even going to be looking at your order....let alone judging it. You have time.
2. Because the "order guides" in their infancy usually have errors or conflicting packages/options that need to be cleaned up later. Like last year when you could order a bad combo of AWD (or lack of AWD) with the tow package. They later fixed the problem and enforced AWD to get the tow package.

Moral of the story is to get an order in so you have that order date. Worry about the "details" later when the available options are more "real".

Last edited:
Sponsored

AdventureBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 KIA Sportage
You can only order from the dealer. And I would consider not adding the spray in bed liner until after you receive your vehicle. it is one of the biggest reasons for delays.
Ok, thanks good to know. Any idea if the hard drop in Berliner is causing delays? Might go with that option

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we have any info on changing dealerships and not losing your 22 order status? Would really like to take my business to a bigger dealership with more allocations.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford only cares about the original order date when trying to prioritize which they choose for production.
Try telling the June/July orders still outstanding or who only recently got build dates that Ford prioritizes by order date.

FindingYOUphoria

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, thanks good to know. Any idea if the hard drop in Berliner is causing delays? Might go with that option
The drop in was not as restricted as the spray in. Amy accessories you add could cause a delay. I made the mistake of fully loading mine and it has taken me a year to get mine. I know Tim said he had bedliners in stock. So last I heard this was not an issue. But it is an easy add after or roll the dice they will have them for your original build.
Your dealer should have a list of current restrained items. Good luck and enjoy

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to cordially invite you to watch @fordvideoguy during this evening's YT live stream E 48. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...rd-maverick-order-in-early.17630/#post-336087

Tim brought up the logical approach during last week's episode so a hopeful/future Maverick owner would have an 8-2 order date and be able to add/delete options when the MY23 guide debuts after 8-2 and before 9-15
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.