First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm planning on switching my 2022 order with Long McArthur to a hybrid Lariat with the luxury package and CP360 if (when) it gets rolled over to a 2023. As far as color goes, I am really hoping Eruption Green is available. If not, I'll either go with Cactus Gray or one of the Blues.

I didn't find out the Maverick existed until after ordering for hybrids closed for 2022. I'm actually hoping my LM order gets bumped so I can reorder as a hybrid.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT AWD LUX in Iconic Silver. If Ford offers SYNC3 as an upgrade at some point I will jump all over that. Otherwise, I will order and wait.

Of course, contingent on the ordering banks opening on time. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mjkladis

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
This is almost my exact roll-over build as well. We'll see who gets theirs first haha.
Well based on you having to roll over to MY2023, I'd hope you would get it first.

OP
OP
mjkladis

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I chose the Lariat with no lux package because all the stuff I wanted was in the standard trim. I was going to spec out an XLT Hybrid with the Lux package and Co-Pilot, but I felt like having three constraints would just put me WAY far out from getting built.

OP
OP
mjkladis

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I'm planning on switching my 2022 order with Long McArthur to a hybrid Lariat with the luxury package and CP360 if (when) it gets rolled over to a 2023. As far as color goes, I am really hoping Eruption Green is available. If not, I'll either go with Cactus Gray or one of the Blues.

I didn't find out the Maverick existed until after ordering for hybrids closed for 2022. I'm actually hoping my LM order gets bumped so I can reorder as a hybrid.
Oooo Eruption Green would look awesome!

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oooo Eruption Green would look awesome!
My current order is Velocity Blue which was my wife's preferred color but I told her if they drop Velocity Blue and offer Eruption Green I'll be switching my 2023 order to that. There are very few green cars available right now and it would be cool to have a green one again. I had a 2001 Honda CR-V in Honda's Clover Green Pearl and loved that color.

greenlaker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT Hybrid/'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer also has a refundable deposit from me, and an agreement to sell at MSRP. They promise to get the order in the system on Aug 2, and this is what I am going with:

Hybrid XLT, Cactus Grey
  • XLT Luxury Package
  • Co-Pilot 360
  • Floor Liners w/o carpet mats
  • Rear sliding window
  • F&R splash guards
Of course this is based on no changes to the lineup. The dealer said I am free to change color the color (another vote for Eruption Green) and/or options based upon the '23 specifications.

I am in zero rush to get it and would not expect it until sometime well into 2023.

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My son had his 2021 Ford Escape PHEV order roll over to 2022. He got it on 2/22/2022. So plan on Q1 2023 or even a bit longer, since his was built in Kentucky with pretty quick shipping to Ohio.

My Maverick XL Hybrid took a year and two days for delivery. Ford has reported only about 53K US Mavericks delivered so far (as of 6/30/2022), with about 10% XLs, and about 40% of those Hybrids. That means only about 2100 XL Hybrids have been delivered. I figure a lot of those were fleet orders, so I feel real lucky I even got my retail order delivered on 6/17/2022. My only option was the $100 trailer hitch/four-flat wiring, plus the dealer mandatory $1495 for a paint/fabric protection scam (Ugh!).

Best of luck to all on your order, be they 2022 or 2023!

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjkladis

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
My son had his 2021 Ford Escape PHEV order roll over to 2022. He got it on 2/22/2022. So plan on Q1 2023 or even a bit longer, since his was built in Kentucky with pretty quick shipping to Ohio.

My Maverick XL Hybrid took a year and two days for delivery. Ford has reported only about 53K US Mavericks delivered so far (as of 6/30/2022), with about 10% XLs, and about 40% of those Hybrids. That means only about 2100 XL Hybrids have been delivered. I figure a lot of those were fleet orders, so I feel real lucky I even got my retail order delivered on 6/17/2022. My only option was the $100 trailer hitch/four-flat wiring, plus the dealer mandatory $1495 for a paint/fabric protection scam (Ugh!).

Best of luck to all on your order, be they 2022 or 2023!
Wooo! I sure hope I don’t get turned over to a 2024 model! 😅
I don’t mind waiting until early 2023, I was skeptical of the truck until I saw one in person and now that’s the only one I want. (Shhh. Don’t tell the dealership that!)

Ellebob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used the for configurator a ton of times and have several configurations saved. A lot will depend on a a availability but it will definitely be hybrid XLT. Haven't decided on sunroof but would like trailer hitch, sliding rear window or anything that is difficult to do after market. Don't care about lux or 360 and don't have that in any of my builds. Some questions I have after some comments.
Why not the splash guards, something to do with paint?
New colors?
I hope red is a available on XLT? My girlfriend is ordering one as well and she might go back and get an outback if she can't get red🤣
Full size spare not full size? Worth ordering? What does it come with otherwise? Flat tire kit or donut?

Sponsored

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used the for configurator a ton of times and have several configurations saved. A lot will depend on a a availability but it will definitely be hybrid XLT. Haven't decided on sunroof but would like trailer hitch, sliding rear window or anything that is difficult to do after market. Don't care about lux or 360 and don't have that in any of my builds. Some questions I have after some comments.
New colors?
I hope red is a available on XLT? My girlfriend is ordering one as well and she might go back and get an outback if she can't get red🤣
Full size spare not full size? Worth ordering? What does it come with otherwise? Flat tire kit or donut?
Get the hitch/4-flat wiring. It’s the best value option available on a Maverick. Much more expensive to add later.

To me, the sliding rear window is a waste of money, with modern AC. If something is too long, hang it out the back of the tailgate with a red flag.

Donut spare is standard. Optional “full-size” spare is still smaller than regular wheel/tire, so why bother?

Mine is bare-bones XL Hybrid with only a trailer hitch, plus Ford drop-in bed liner and soft bed cover added after delivery. Just ordered the bed floor D-rings (2) from dealer. Cost $140 with tax. Poor value but I wanted them.

I love the truck - my first. Getting 39 MPG so far.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep. The "Tow Package" is only available on the AWD EcoBoost. They could get a tow hitch on a hybrid though. For a lot less cost. Maybe that is what they mean.
I got the 4 pin hitch with my Hybrid Lariat Maybe it was part of the LUX package?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the 4 pin hitch with my Hybrid Lariat Maybe it was part of the LUX package?
Tow "hitch" with 4 pin is a separate and cheaper option. We were worried because the original poster called it something like the "tow package", which includes a beefier radiator cooling system, slightly different gear ratio, etc.... Since has updated the original post to be more clear and to make more sense with what can be ordered on a Hybrid.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

New colors?
There certainly should be a red. I just saw the 23 Mustang colors, and there were 2 reds, 3 blues and 5 Grayscales.

Ellebob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The sliding rear window I was planning on getting for the dog. I think she will like it and it's not too expensive if she doesn't. She is the only one that will likely be back there. If there is a big delay because of it, I would probably cancel it.
Does the optional spare tire come on a full size rim? So if you added a full size would it fit? I often switch to snow tires in winter and I could just leave one of the regular tires on it and vice versa in the summer.
Sponsored