Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try telling the June/July orders still outstanding or who only recently got build dates that Ford prioritizes by order date.
I can only vouch for LM's 69 unscheduled, priority 2 hybrids. Last week @fordvideoguy pledged to have an updated, July constraint list available during this evening's E48.
Sponsored

Eherby

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza, Lexus RX 450H
How do they know what their own opinion is? Because it is their opinion.

If you are asking WHY they are recommending ordering day 1 with base options, adding more details/options later, it is for a few reasons that some of us have figured out.

1. Because Ford doesn't care about when you added or dropped options to your order. Ford only cares about the original order date when trying to prioritize which they choose for production. So get a simple and easy to enter order in with an early August date and then add your bed liner or change the color 12 times or add splash guards or whatever a few weeks later. Keep in mind they will not start even scheduling 2023 production until weeks after the ordering opens. Ford isn't even going to be looking at your order....let alone judging it. You have time.
2. Because the "order guides" in their infancy usually have errors or conflicting packages/options that need to be cleaned up later. Like last year when you could order a bad combo of AWD (or lack of AWD) with the tow package. They later fixed the problem and enforced AWD to get the tow package.

Moral of the story is to get an order in so you have that order date. Worry about the "details" later when the available options are more "real".
Thanks

Eherby

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza, Lexus RX 450H

wayne2970

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do we have any info on changing dealerships and not losing your 22 order status? Would really like to take my business to a bigger dealership with more allocations.
I thought I saw info on this forum that Ford wasn’t going to consider size of dealership and allocations. First in, first out 🤷🏼‍♂️

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try telling the June/July orders still outstanding or who only recently got build dates that Ford prioritizes by order date.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Do we really all need to turn into Ford Corporate when we comment here on MTC by adding an asterisk pointing to 1 point size font at the bottom of our messages that says...

*pending constraints and all sorts of other magical stuff.

:)

Point being that it is relatively safe to put in an order August 2nd and then modify it to better fit the customer desires a bit later. Or go for it from day 1 if you trust your dealer to enter it correctly. I am just imagining a dealer would much rather hear "Black Ecoboost XL AWD. Thanks".

Versus.....

"Black Ecoboost XL AWD with tow package and mud flaps and a hood deflector and some all weather mats WITHOUT carpeted mats and......umm......I also want a toneau cover I think. Umm.....and the smokers package"

Last edited:

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I saw info on this forum that Ford wasn’t going to consider size of dealership and allocations. First in, first out 🤷🏼‍♂️
No, allocations still matter, dealerships like long mcarthur get 20 a month and mine gets 1 or 2 at best.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you share a screenshot of the blurb on the fleet distribution page? My dealer keeps saying 8/15!
I don't think I can fully post the page in its entirety, but this is part of the last line on the bulletin.

"... more details on the private offer amount, eligibility & exclusions, and timing will be shared on August 2nd when the order bank opens (Ford Internal). "

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think I can fully post the page in its entirety, but this is part of the last line on the bulletin.

"... more details on the private offer amount, eligibility & exclusions, and timing will be shared on August 2nd when the order bank opens (Ford Internal). "
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick ORDER BANK opens AUGUST 2ND EmailAboutAug2

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not too sure about the spray-in liner, but it had been one thing delaying production of people's Mavericks for quite a while. As for the floor liners, I believe that many of these options also delayed production, though they do not ship with the vehicle, they ship from Ford Accessories to your dealership prior to the vehicle's delivery.
My advice is to wait for your vehicle and the Ford points from your purchase to be added to your account and then use those points to purchase the mats. Depending upon the total points, you may walk out with them for free.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do we have any info on changing dealerships and not losing your 22 order status? Would really like to take my business to a bigger dealership with more allocations.
@fordvideoguy said on his live stream this evening that Ford is telling him that you can take your private offer to another dealership because that is attached to you not any specific dealer. But that your 2022 order is tied to the dealer you placed it at and if you choose to order from another dealer for 2023 you will not keep your place in line.

Not what I wanted to hear but there you go.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New to the forum. Looking for some advice here. I'm planning on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid ASAP. Looking to just add in the spray in bed liner, floor mats, and the 400W outlet. Will I be able to order this online on August 2nd? And does anyone have any advice on ordering online vs in person at a dealership?
I think they are expecting too many people to try to log in on 8/2/22 and crash the servers so they will give in-house access priority. In any case you will have to go in to have order verified, etc.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ever get a good answer about ordering online vs in person. I have the exact same question as I plan on ordering as soon as I can,
Consider the online a pre selection warmup dance and at the end you select your partner (dealer) and then you go into the dance hall and introduce yourself and give him your appointment number which he uses to notify Ford that you are a real person with a driver's license and not a BOT. Also when you sign the xerox of your DL be sure to verify that it is legible and can be used by Ford to verify it is legitimate. It should be non expired and have the same address that matches your credit report so Ford can formally accept your order! Also consider ordering the 4 pin hitch also.

Status
Not open for further replies.