JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious, who here would order the 2023 model even though you already own a Maverick?

I mean if the used market stays profitable, won't you be inclined selling yours and possibly picking up a 2023 for MSRP even with few or no noticeable changes?

Will it be worth the wait, the hassle, knowing you can most likely come out ahead and get a possibly better upgrade with build qualities and options?

Won't this become a trend or has this already been a practice since the pandemic? How will it affect fulfilling future orders?

Is the cat out of the bag and all other small business would want the Maverick for their fleet trucks? Why would Ford even entertain selling to individuals when they can do bulk order?
Sponsored

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious, who here would order the 2023 model even though you already own a Maverick?

I mean if the used market stays profitable, won't you be inclined selling yours and possibly picking up a 2023 for MSRP even with few or no noticeable changes?

Will it be worth the wait, the hassle, knowing you can most likely come out ahead and get a possibly better upgrade with build qualities and options?

Won't this become a trend or has this already been a practice since the pandemic? How will it affect fulfilling future orders?

Is the cat out of the bag and all other small business would want the Maverick for their fleet trucks? Why would Ford even entertain selling to individuals when they can do bulk order?
Depends how my dealer treats me, I might order it and cancel just for them to sell. Small dealer

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm planning to put an order in. Who knows maybe I can break even if the used prices stay crazy. Also I'm thrilled with my dealer experience so I'll throw them a bone

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will stick with the one I have. After looking at the tracker 50 million times. And calling the rail service 10 million. I will pass.
I have added a lot of items to my truck to make it my own. Would hate to have to start over.
Especially if parts are not available. I feel lucky and blessed at what I have.
Even though my 2022 is worth thousands more than I owe.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
We will be ordering again. We missed out on the arbitrary Oct hybrid cut off and went w an EB. We are not in the same position of 1 vehicle for 2 adults (got Mav 2 weeks ago) so I could careless on the timeline or being hyper vigilant on the process. I would prefer a green color and Lariat Lux, I know my husband regrets not getting the orange-yellow bus. I would not get anything less than the XLT Lux CP360 w moonroof and a price increase would be offset by better mileage w hybrid. I have already been discussing this w my normal dealership I deal with, not who my husband got his Mav from, thou it worked out. All maintenance on my Fusion has been done at the same dealer, they are closer, I already have a long relationship there. We will sell whichever Mav we don't keep.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If one of my orders actually gets built as a 2022 I will probably not reorder for 2023. Depending on what the used car market looks like in 2024 and what changes are made to the Maverick I might well order again then. This is of course provided the ownership experience from 2022-2024 has been good.

If none of my 2022 EcoBoost orders get built I will probably reorder in 2023 as a hybrid. Or I might be forced to buy something else. If I am forced to buy something else (again-already bought a RAV4 hybrid while waiting on the Maverick) it won't be a Ford. Ford doesn't offer anything else in the price range I am looking at that doesn't make me want to start yawning every time I lay eyes on it. I'm still hoping Ford can get it together on the Maverick for 2022.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an EB Maverick and a 2022 hybrid on order. I bought the EB in late November when the opportunity arose because I was pretty sure I was going to be waiting a loooong time for my 11/15 hybrid order. My hunch was right. It's looking very likely that I'll be waiting at least a year, possibly longer. In the meantime, I've had the opportunity to drive and enjoy a Maverick, even if it's not getting the great gas mileage that drew me to the truck to begin with.

At this point I expect to break-even selling the EB when it comes time to let it go. I usually lease my vehicles, so driving a new vehicle for a year or so at basically no cost is pretty great. Probably once-in-a-lifetime...I know that.

To answer your questions, I don't anticipate there will be much difference between '22 and '23 Mavericks, beyond some tweaks to packages and maybe a couple of new colors. Ford will continue to spit sales between retail customers and fleet buyers. Fleet buyers obviously purchase more vehicles than the average customer, but they also get a better deal and tend to buy bare bones trucks. I'm sure retail buyers generate bigger margins for dealers.
Sponsored