Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2022 Ford Maverick Owners Among Most Satisfied In Segment

By Brett Foote

July 27, 2022 9:16 am

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK OWNERS AMONG MOST SATISFIED IN SEGMENT Package-Exterior-008-front-three-quarters-1024x456

Sponsored

The 2022 Ford Maverick proved to be a massive hit with a broad array of consumers from the day it launched, including first-time pickup buyers, small business owners, millennials, and Gen Z. The compact pickup continues to be a popular entity among shoppers, but it’s also proven to be quite satisfying with owners as well, even after many experienced a fairly stressful ordeal ordering and taking delivery of one. At least, those are the findings from the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. APEAL Study, which ranked the 2022 Ford Maverick as one of the most satisfying vehicles in its segment – joining the Ford brand, which ranked above the mass market segment average, Lincoln, which landed below the premium segment average, and both the Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Super Duty, each of which topped their individual segments as well.

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK OWNERS AMONG MOST SATISFIED IN SEGMENT -Off-Road-Package-Exterior-006-rear-three-quarters

Interestingly, J.D. Power has lumped the 2022 Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz – both compact pickups – into its mid-size pickup rankings, a pair that’s joined by the actual mid-size Nissan Frontier. Regardless, the Santa Cruz came out on top in this particular study, with the Frontier and Maverick rounding out the top three.

J.D. Power’s APEAL Study measures owners’ emotional attachment and their level of excitement with their new vehicle by asking them to consider 37 different attributes ranging from the sense of comfort they feel when climbing into the driver’s seat to the exhilaration they get when they step on the accelerator. Those responses are then used to calculate an overall APEAL Index score measured on a 1,000-point scale. The 2022 U.S. APEAL Study is based on responses from 84,165 owners of new 2022 model-year vehicles who were surveyed after 90 days of ownership. This year, overall satisfaction dropped by one point, its first decline since 2014 and just the fifth in 27 years, which can be attributed to one major factor, according to J.D. Power.

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK OWNERS AMONG MOST SATISFIED IN SEGMENT 4-Off-Road-Package-Exterior-022-side-towing-camper

“The most important factor leading to the industry decline this year is owners’ perception of their vehicle’s fuel economy,” said David Amodeo, director of global automotive at J.D. Power. “The study was fielded as fuel prices were experiencing a meteoric rise, and that pinch at the pump is conveyed in lower vehicle satisfaction. Battery-electric vehicles have not been negatively affected by the increase in fuel costs but do have issues related to battery range and charging time.”
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

"Owners" in this article being the key word. Plenty of people that want to be owners right now that are very dissatisfied 😅
I understand your frustration but one cannot be satisfied or dissatisfied unless he/she has driven one.

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I understand your frustration but one cannot be satisfied or dissatisfied unless he/she has driven one.
Ive driven 3 so far. And wasn't necessarily speaking for myself in that post. I placed essentially what is a pre order for a MY23 a few weeks back. So knowing what's gone on with MY22 orders, at this point I'm expecting long waits and varying information. Ik basicslly asking for disappointment somewhere along the way. Lol

I'd also bet there are a large number of folks on this site that would very much argue you can be dissatisfied with a vehicle you havent driven after waiting 10-12 months and constantly being fed uncertain (and in some instances, wrong) information and the truck features you order being changed on you without notice 🤷‍♀️.

Sponsored

Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Crazy satisfied. It does exactly what I wanted and need. Love finally having a truck bed. Need to pick stuff up from home depot? Get some fire wood? No problem. Take the family camping? No problem.

Fuel economy makes it practical for me to own. I laugh at all the larger trucks driving around doing exactly what I'm doing but 3x the fuel. Its like I'm cheating.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never got a satisfaction survey after buying my Maverick. I’m guessing my dealer didn’t want to chance anything considering I had some paperwork issues that took some sorting out. I probably would have given them good scores at the time, but now that I know they didn’t trust me I’d have to dock some points for that.
Sponsored