Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Most 2022 Ford Maverick Owners Are First Time Pickup Buyers
By Brett Foote
April 16, 2022 1:00 am
Ford Maverick MOST 2022 NEW MAVERICK OWNERS ARE NEW PICK UP BUYERS erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters
SPONSORED
The 2022 Ford Maverick was a highly-coveted product from the moment it was revealed last year, leading to a large number of reservations and demand that far exceeded FoMoCo’s expectations – particularly the entry-level hybrid model. The Maverick’s biggest conquest is the Honda Civic, a vehicle that it doesn’t even directly compete with, thanks to the compact pickup’s impressive fuel efficiency and low price tag. And as it turns out, most 2022 Ford Maverick owners are first-time pickup buyers, too.
Ford Maverick MOST 2022 NEW MAVERICK OWNERS ARE NEW PICK UP BUYERS rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parkin

“What we are seeing is many of these customers are first time truck owners, we’re seeing roughly over 70 percent of these customers coming out of non truck segments,” Trevor Scott, Ford Maverick Marketing Manager, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.
As a whole, demand for the new Maverick has far exceeded supply. During its first four months on sale in 2021, Ford Maverick sales totaled 13,258 units in the U.S. During the first three months of 2022, Maverick sales totaled 19,245 units. This signals a ramp-up in terms of production, though Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 models earlier this year as demand quickly exceeded its production capacity.
Ford Maverick MOST 2022 NEW MAVERICK OWNERS ARE NEW PICK UP BUYERS cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel

As Ford Authority recently reported, FoMoCo expected around 40 percent of 2022 Maverick buyers to opt for the hybrid, which it reflected in its production mix, though that expectation was quickly surpassed, leading to a backlog of orders. At the same time, a number of other supply-constrained features and option packages have slowed down deliveries as well.
Ford Maverick MOST 2022 NEW MAVERICK OWNERS ARE NEW PICK UP BUYERS verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters

The Maverick has already earned Ford’s “Icon” status, cementing additional future variants as the compact pickup is outselling its big brother, the Ford Ranger. However, even after cutting off orders earlier this year, Ford may still be forced to push some 2022 Maverick orders to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority recently reported.
We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, maybe not first time, but long-time ago pickup owners.

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted the get a pickup at some point in the future, but a fuel efficient daily driver now. When I saw the Maverick I knew that's what I wanted. So, I became one of those first time pickup buyers. Was definitely considering a Civic.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First the Mustang.

Then the Taurus. (kind of)

Next up, the Explorer

Now the Mav.

Ford has created market subsegments and taken sales from non-traditional buyers. Very impressive.

ejordan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pickups have been my daily drivers for my 40 years of driving. I have always drove small trucks when available. The Maverick is superior to the small trucks of yesteryear and is a keeper

Sponsored

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I'm a truck girl always drove trucks so I'm not part of that figure

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, maybe not first time, but long-time ago pickup owners.
Me too. Trucks were way overpriced for my budget, so had to go car/SUV.

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my second truck. But I bought my first in February of 2020. If the maverick was available back then it would have been my first truck.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By Brett Foote
erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters.jpg
SPONSORED
The 2022 Ford Maverick was a highly-coveted product from the moment it was revealed last year, leading to a large number of reservations and demand that far exceeded FoMoCo’s expectations – particularly the entry-level hybrid model. The Maverick’s biggest conquest is the Honda Civic, a vehicle that it doesn’t even directly compete with, thanks to the compact pickup’s impressive fuel efficiency and low price tag. And as it turns out, most 2022 Ford Maverick owners are first-time pickup buyers, too.
rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parking.jpg

“What we are seeing is many of these customers are first time truck owners, we’re seeing roughly over 70 percent of these customers coming out of non truck segments,” Trevor Scott, Ford Maverick Marketing Manager, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.
As a whole, demand for the new Maverick has far exceeded supply. During its first four months on sale in 2021, Ford Maverick sales totaled 13,258 units in the U.S. During the first three months of 2022, Maverick sales totaled 19,245 units. This signals a ramp-up in terms of production, though Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 models earlier this year as demand quickly exceeded its production capacity.
cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel.jpg

As Ford Authority recently reported, FoMoCo expected around 40 percent of 2022 Maverick buyers to opt for the hybrid, which it reflected in its production mix, though that expectation was quickly surpassed, leading to a backlog of orders. At the same time, a number of other supply-constrained features and option packages have slowed down deliveries as well.
verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The Maverick has already earned Ford’s “Icon” status, cementing additional future variants as the compact pickup is outselling its big brother, the Ford Ranger. However, even after cutting off orders earlier this year, Ford may still be forced to push some 2022 Maverick orders to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority recently reported.
We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.
Not so sure. about that. I've owned a Nissan PU when they were small, two Ford Pickups when they were small, 2 Dodge RAM PU's 1500's. These were in between a multitude of SUV's, 4x4's and econo boxes. Adding the Maverick to my Winnebago Class B RV, Jeep Liberty and my Subaru Crosstrek

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By Brett Foote
erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters.jpg
SPONSORED
rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parking.jpg

cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel.jpg

verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Not totally accurate there. I don't know about "most", but this will be my 4th new pick-up. I'm moving from a '99 Ranger/'12 Escape Hybrid to a single Maverick.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First truck here, coming from a Civic, so I'm def in that category....

Dirtball

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus Hatch SE;2017 Buick Encore Essence
Most of the young new owners are city and suburban folk. Many of them have never owned a truck. The Maverick is really popular with this crowd. Me being a rural guy realized I don’t need a big truck to do truck things. If the truck can’t handle it, everything can get delivered usually free of charge in todays services. Never haul above 3k so it’s perfect. If the Mav was not around, I would have opted for a Taco or Ranger. I’m pretty certain Ford conquested a lot of Prius owners also.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My grandpa had trucks for his horse farm. My own father didn’t get his first pickup until the 1987 Dakota and it was like a dream come true for him. But I’ve been around pickups for both work and fun my whole life.

First pickup I ever owned myself and my current inspiration, daily driver and project is my 2002 Ranger, but when I read about the Maverick in October of ‘21 I knew immediately that it’s exactly what I wanted.