Sponsored

MOST 2022 NEW MAVERICK OWNERS ARE NEW PICK UP BUYERS

1974MavJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius until I get my Maverick! XLT Lariate
My first truck and I just picked mine up today..love it! Second hybrid.
Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have owned trucks in the past but have been disappointed they have gotten so large. I can do anything I need to do in my Mav and be able to maneuver through the city easily and park where I want. Price is right, well featured and mileage is great.

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first truck and I just picked mine up today..love it! Second hybrid.
Yup, same here. Picked mine up Friday afternoon. Before that, I was driving a 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid and loved it. Loved it! Just thought that at a (young) 74, I wanted to remain hybrid, but that a truck for the first time was the way to go. We live in the suburbs, but it's an older neighborhood that is as much rural as "suburban". So, it'll be great for the recycling center (dump) and any time I need that trip to Lowe's or Home Depot...and more.

Last edited:

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
You can tell this by a lot of the concerns and questions found on this forum.
My first ride in 76 was a Ranchero and I've owned a truck, often 2, for the last 46 years.
The Maverick is what the Ranger should have been for some time.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm one of those first time truck owners. Wasn't shopping Honda Civics, though. Bought it instead of a small SUV.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had many vehicles. The one I miss the most = 1967 Nissan pickup Radio & Heater it would move anything you could put on it. But it needed 12-14" added behind seat with rear wheels moved back the same. Never ceased to amaze me how strong the clutch was. I bought it used from some guy from AZ. If chuck hole was hit real hard you could jar sand out from under dash for yearsšŸ˜±. The mav is much nicer and bigger but needs longer bed, costs 18+x more.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm one of those first time truck owners. Wasn't shopping Honda Civics, though. Bought it instead of a small SUV.
Exact same here. Looking at small-mid size SUVs. Need something for the Home Depot runs. Mav will be perfect.

The icing on the cake is paying mid-20ā€™s and not high 30ā€™s.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a first time truck buyer (previously owned a Nissan hardbody pickup, primarily to take my motorcycle to track days), but we were absolutely not considering a truck when the Maverick was announced. Although a pickup does have some utility for our lifestyle - we have 4 bikes to tow, we camp a lot and do other outdoor activities year round - we were looking at efficient sedans (prius, ioniq, maybe civic hatch).

Maverick was the perfect mix of low pricepoint and functionality for our family.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't fit the profile of the average buyer. Although I've not owned a lot of pickups over the years, this is not the first. I've had a couple of Nissan pickups and really missed the small pickup, so when I found out about the Maverick, I had to get one. I did think about the Hyundai Santa Cruz for a bit, but the Mav definitely won out. Oh yeah, at 71 I don't think I meet the criteria as a younger buyer either.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, maybe not first time, but long-time ago pickup owners.
Yeah, the data pool is probably not perfect. I mean, no one asked me whether this is my first truck, but if they looked at my previous data in this state, it would look like it is. In reality, it is my 4th truck. It has been a few years and registered in different states as far as my other trucks.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First time truck owner. And had it not been for the price and gas mileage, I never wouldā€™ve considered buying a truck.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most 2022 Ford Maverick Owners Are First Time Pickup Buyers
By Brett Foote
April 16, 2022 1:00 am
erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters.jpg
SPONSORED
The 2022 Ford Maverick was a highly-coveted product from the moment it was revealed last year, leading to a large number of reservations and demand that far exceeded FoMoCoā€™s expectations ā€“ particularly the entry-level hybrid model. The Maverickā€™s biggest conquest is the Honda Civic, a vehicle that it doesnā€™t even directly compete with, thanks to the compact pickupā€™s impressive fuel efficiency and low price tag. And as it turns out, most 2022 Ford Maverick owners are first-time pickup buyers, too.
rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parking.jpg

ā€œWhat we are seeing is many of these customers are first time truck owners, weā€™re seeing roughly over 70 percent of these customers coming out of non truck segments,ā€ Trevor Scott, Ford Maverick Marketing Manager, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.
As a whole, demand for the new Maverick has far exceeded supply. During its first four months on sale in 2021, Ford Maverick sales totaled 13,258 units in the U.S. During the first three months of 2022, Maverick sales totaled 19,245 units. This signals a ramp-up in terms of production, though Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 models earlier this year as demand quickly exceeded its production capacity.
cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel.jpg

As Ford Authority recently reported, FoMoCo expected around 40 percent of 2022 Maverick buyers to opt for the hybrid, which it reflected in its production mix, though that expectation was quickly surpassed, leading to a backlog of orders. At the same time, a number of other supply-constrained features and option packages have slowed down deliveries as well.
verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The Maverick has already earned Fordā€™s ā€œIconā€ status, cementing additional future variants as the compact pickup is outselling its big brother, the Ford Ranger. However, even after cutting off orders earlier this year, Ford may still be forced to push some 2022 Maverick orders to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority recently reported.
Weā€™ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.
But it's not really a truck....

cfm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most 2022 Ford Maverick Owners Are First Time Pickup Buyers
By Brett Foote
April 16, 2022 1:00 am
erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters.jpg
SPONSORED
The 2022 Ford Maverick was a highly-coveted product from the moment it was revealed last year, leading to a large number of reservations and demand that far exceeded FoMoCoā€™s expectations ā€“ particularly the entry-level hybrid model. The Maverickā€™s biggest conquest is the Honda Civic, a vehicle that it doesnā€™t even directly compete with, thanks to the compact pickupā€™s impressive fuel efficiency and low price tag. And as it turns out, most 2022 Ford Maverick owners are first-time pickup buyers, too.
rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parking.jpg

ā€œWhat we are seeing is many of these customers are first time truck owners, weā€™re seeing roughly over 70 percent of these customers coming out of non truck segments,ā€ Trevor Scott, Ford Maverick Marketing Manager, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.
As a whole, demand for the new Maverick has far exceeded supply. During its first four months on sale in 2021, Ford Maverick sales totaled 13,258 units in the U.S. During the first three months of 2022, Maverick sales totaled 19,245 units. This signals a ramp-up in terms of production, though Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 models earlier this year as demand quickly exceeded its production capacity.
cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel.jpg

As Ford Authority recently reported, FoMoCo expected around 40 percent of 2022 Maverick buyers to opt for the hybrid, which it reflected in its production mix, though that expectation was quickly surpassed, leading to a backlog of orders. At the same time, a number of other supply-constrained features and option packages have slowed down deliveries as well.
verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The Maverick has already earned Fordā€™s ā€œIconā€ status, cementing additional future variants as the compact pickup is outselling its big brother, the Ford Ranger. However, even after cutting off orders earlier this year, Ford may still be forced to push some 2022 Maverick orders to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority recently reported.
Weā€™ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.
I've had previous trucks. My hubby has had many trucks. He currently has a F150 and loves to drive my Maverick šŸ˜

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've owned a handful of pickups over the years, all small to mid size. The Maverick is the most comfortable and fun trucklet I've owned. The little ecoboost almost doubles the mileage of my 2002 4l 6 cylinder Ranger -- and it pumps out more šŸŽ power, too!

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my 9th pickup and it is sitting next to my 8th pickup that is a 23 F150. The F150 is my first with a 6 cylinder and my Maverick is my first 4 cylinder.
Sponsored